• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easyWeight

• ewokhugo

• cberg

• gumpster

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats in advance on your Red cert! You'll smash it up man.

Thanks Ben! It'll be no sweat! Although, I am still a little nervous lol.

IM Red Nail Cert....DONE! Totally annihilated in 10 seconds :mosher

DO IMPs, no rubber bands:

6x1/4 stainless

6.5x5/16 HRS

7x1/4 Square

6.5x5/16 Drill Rod - all my warm up for the Red Nail :D

IM Red Nail Cert

7x5/16 Hard Stainless - added rubber bands for this one...this is from the same stock/stick as the 660 6x5/16 stainless...I think this may have taken me 5 minutes +/-

DO 1.25" Suede:

6"x9mm CRS - from Hugo! This took me a bit....maybe 10 minutes. I took it down to 3 inch spread quick and easy, but the crush stumped me for a time. I put it down, did some heavy shrugs, then came back and found the sweet spot and melted it down.

A very good day for DO bending. However, I'm kind of bummed, because I had intentions of doing the Red Nail DU also, and as easy as I bent it I have no doubt it would have melted DU also. But, I was so filled with adrenaline, I let the ref go with the other two nails before I realized. Oh well. I have one Red Nail left that I'll murder DU in IMPs in a few days.

Video and photos to come!

Edited by easyWeight

Big congrats Darin!!! Heck of an accomplishment!

Thanks Ben! I'll be posting the video to the Bending forum soon.

Edited by easyWeight

• 2 weeks later...

Took some time off due to sore wrists. Not sure why they were so sore from DO last time, but I attempted some DU a couple times over the last week and a half and just couldn't do it. Still sore today, but got something accomplished at least

DU IMPs:

6x1/4 stainless

6x1/4 "n" G5

6.5x5/16 HRS

7x1/4 square

6x1/4 square - two hits just past 40...this stuff is pretty wicked. Definitely harder than my "n" G8s at the same length

6x1/4 495-lbs. "n" G8 - well past 40 in one hit, another 40 degrees in two...this was actually my best and strongest attempt on these.

Red Nail - three hits, didn't want to move much. Wobbled it on the second hit.

Ended up hitting some reverse bends this evening as well.

Reverse 1.25" Singles:

6x1/4 stainless

7x5/16 HRS - butter

7x1/4 square - Eureka! This went down easier than ever before!

6x1/4 square - for Steel Slayers list. I'm confident this will calibrate higher than the following G8...video uploading

6x1/4 "n" G8 495-lbs. - also for the list and video uploaded

7x5/16 Drill Rod - Failed, but put a handsome 9 degree wobble in it! :D

Edited by easyWeight

DO 1.25" Singles:

6x5/16 HRS

5x1/4 Square - can't believe the crush on this stuff!

6x5/16 CRS - not really feeling too strong today, so called it quits there

Out of town for the holiday and got to play with some metal plates for a change, and hit some good grip.

2" V-bar both hands(actually a barbell collar that happened to be laying in the corner of the gym I was at):

1x5 @ 55 - collar weighed 10 lbs

1x5 @ 100

1x5 @ 145

1x5 @ 190

1x3 @ 215

1x2 @ 225

1x1 @ 235 - only managed to lift to lockout with left hand...righty was lagging today, but got a good 3-4" on several attempts

2HP (two 45s on the BB collar):

2x1 @ 150 - not sure why this was so hard. I've pulled quite a bit more in the past doing the same thing?

1HP:

3x1 @ two 35s both hands - Olympic Barbell plates...seemed quite easy today

2x10 around the back with 25s using only index, middle finger and thumb plus a good hold with each hand at the end

Edited by easyWeight

Reverse 1.25" Single Suede:

6x1/4 stainless

6x1/4 "n" G5

6.5x5/16 HRS

6.5x1/4 square

Red Nail- I'm counting this even though it was ever so slightly wobbled from a previous DU in IMPS attempt. It wasn't done in 30 seconds either, but I finished it! I hit it real hard with my left hand on top (which I've never really worked on), and moved it 20 degrees, then tried with the right hand on top and didn't really budge it. Put it down for about a minute and then hit it again with the left on top and took it just over 40 degrees!

Edited by easyWeight

Reverse 1.25" Single Suede:

6x1/4 stainless

6x1/4 "n" G5

6.5x5/16 HRS

6.5x1/4 square

Red Nail- I'm counting this even though it was ever so slightly wobbled from a previous DU in IMPS attempt. It wasn't done in 30 seconds either, but I finished it! I hit it real hard with my left hand on top (which I've never really worked on), and moved it 20 degrees, then tried with the right hand on top and didn't really budge it. Put it down for about a minute and then hit it again with the left on top and took it just over 40 degrees!

Great job Darin!!! :mosher

Thanks Ben! As soon as I get some Red Nails, I'll do a Red in IEW :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did some bending today between sets of deadlift, but probably shouldn't have :P

DU 1.25" Single Suede:

5x1/4 stainless

6x5/16 HRS

6x1/4 square - felt much harder than it should with thicker wraps

7x5/16 DR - FAIL...I put more damage on this stuff reverse last week :( My wrists were pretty sore though. Some good rest is needed.

Edited by easyWeight

Nice work "almost" reversing that red. You'll get it in one go next time

Thanks David! I think I'll nail it for sure next time.

Reverse 1.25" Singles:

5x1/4 stainless

6x5/16 HRS

6.25x1/4 square

7x5/16 HRS - FAIL...I found a couple pieces of my old HRS stock that I always though felt like the Red Nail...I barely wobbled it, lol.

Then played with some grippers.

Did a little DO last night, but nothing to talk about, then did some while Front Squatting today. Normally not the best mix

DO 1.25 Singles:

7x5/16 CRS - thought it was HRS

5x1/4 square - easy

Bastard

Hexabastard attempt - very well wobbled from past attempts, can't seem to kink it, and I don't know why. If I can kill a JH Edgin, which I'm certain calibrates higher, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to kink this.

6x5/16 JH G5 attempt - barely wobbled it. Again, I don't understand. If these calibrate around 685, and I can kink my 660-lbs stainless at 6" with relative ease, why can't even barely wobble this? Makes no sense to me unless I'm just having an off day.

Then did a few sledge levers OH up to 15-lbs

OH Lever with my loadable handle:

1x5 @ 5

1x5 @ 7.5

1x3 @ 10

1x1 @ 12.5

1x1 @ 15

1x1 @ 17.5 - pretty sloppy lefty

1xsloppy @ 20 rh

1x1 @ 20 rh - I'm going to count it for now, but I'll have a video of it up whenever my buddy sends it to me. I'm pretty sure my wrist was a little low, but I'm open for some critiquing. Also, I'm a weak right at the point just above my head. Anyone that sees the video will see it I basically get smashed in the head with it, lol.

Also, I nearly missed no setting my RB240 by a hair at least five times. Just can't quite get it once it slides below my thumb pad. I'll get it soon though.

Edited by easyWeight

Had to get some bending in today as I've not been doing much as of late. Ended up doing it after power cleans, which I do not like due to pre-fatigued wrists.

Braced Bending 1.25" Singles:

12x3/8 Spike - much harder than the last Spike I bent of this length

11x3/8 Spike - from the same batch

These are only like my 3rd and 4th braced bends ever. Something I want to incorporate more of.

DU IMPs:

6x1/4 CRS

5x1/4 CRS

6x1/4 "n" G5

6x1/4 "JH" G5

6x1/4 G5 - not sure what this one was, but it had like two sixes encircling each other and forming a hexagon. I was trying to see which brand was harder. I would say this last one was the most difficult and the "n" and "JH" were about the same.

7x1/4 square

6x1/4 square - one hit past 40, and another to 80ish

6x1/4 "n" G8 - should have had it in one hit, but slipped and made it well beyond in two...wrists were really sore at this point

Reverse IMPs, high style, wraps touching:

7x1/4 CRS

6x1/4 CRS - in this style, there doesn't feel to be much difference between different lengths

7x1/4 "n" G8 - only wobbled, I think this was a bit too big of a jump after the volume I already put in today

I need to get back into the swing of bending...I'm due for a good DU IMP PR.