Easyweight's Grip Log

easyWeight

:rock u will get there mate(6" red)!

u need to do a video of u doing 1 HDL , its VERY impressive the weight u are using! ;)

Hah, I don't know if the 1HDL was that impressive, but I'll see about doing a video sometime. Thanks Hugo!

Edited by easyWeight

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easyWeight

• ewokhugo

• cberg

• gumpster

Top Posters In This Topic

DO Bending:

2 Timer Spike warm up

1 7mmx150mm CRS

1 7mmx150mm SS ~ dang this stuff is springy at the 2" spread point. Manged to get a bit beyond that this time in quite it bit less time though!

1 Red Nail

Finished Cheat Kinked (from 120ish degrees) 6" Red!!!! ~ see below :P

First I hit some ISOs on my Huge Red that I kinked on Friday to around 155-150deg. Sadly I don't think it moved anymore haha. I take back anything I've ever said about not noticing much difference in a cut piece of anything. I think I need to step back to a 6.5" and go from there....and probably start bending more again. I feel a little weaker than I did leading up to my first Red bend.

Anyway, I decided to actually use the cheater bars I have and cheat kink the Huge Red. I got it down to around 115-120deg (wider than 90) and slipped and tore the crap out of my finger. Which, I think made me mad enough to make the Huge move from there. It took me about two Metallica songs (good old Ride the Lightening, none of that newer junk!), but I got that sucker down to a 2" spread! Which is proof that if I can kink it to 120 deg I can finish it haha.

Grippers:

#1.5

1x5 rh, lh TNS

1x1 rh, lh CCS

1x10 rh, lh Parallel

1x1 rh, lh CCS

1x1 rh, lh Parallel

Good enough for today :P

Edited by easyWeight

good bending training Darin! 7 mm ss its lovely:-)(dont say :punny:p:-)

Oh but it is punny ;) Haha, j/k It's definitely a tough piece of steel. Have you bent that piece of 5/16" CRS I sent you yet?

Nice bending! :rock I don't know how you guys get that 7mm SS down to 2" or less. It will definitely make you stronger at crushing stuff down though.

Nice bending! :rock I don't know how you guys get that 7mm SS down to 2" or less. It will definitely make you stronger at crushing stuff down though.

Stick with it dude, you'll get it. You just have to attack it and don't stop! One thing I notice is that I can pretty much crush everything I have down in my wraps the way they are from start to finish. But with the SS I have to drop one and go to a crush pad around that 2.5" spread point. I don't know what it is, but I just can't crush it completely with my wraps. It's kind of weird.

Thanks for the kind words man!

Edited by easyWeight

not yet darin but it will die soon:)

its harder than the red nail??

p.s- give it a try with one edgin , they are very fun! (i can only mini-kink it )lol

Edited by ewokhugo

You're a bending addict. One thing you will always have on the Brouse, my man. Good work.

Well it's about time I get something on you. I was trying for a spit wad, but it's a long shot from here. Thanks homie.

not yet darin but it will die soon:)

its harder than the red nail??

p.s- give it a try with one edgin , they are very fun! (i can only mini-kink it )lol

You know, I haven't actually tried that stuff since I got my Red Nails, but I would say that yes it is harder. Maybe if I don't have my FBBC by tomorrow I'll give one a shot and get an idea.

I don't think I'm ready for an Edgin yet though :blink Plus I'm not sure I can even get any around here. If I remember correctly when I was looking for bolts they only had really short 5/16" G5s

thanks darin. i am not ready for the edgin's yet ,but they are fun to train(iso's :kink training). i moved it just 2 degrees last time i give a shoot wich was ridiculous(7")but i was happy anyway.

Well I got my FBBC stock today and had to get the Bastard among others out of the way. This is beautiful stuff too btw. I'm pretty impressed that it's all rounded off and free of burrs. :rock

DO Bending:

w/u 2 Timber Spikes

6x1/4 CRS in IMPs ~ first IMP bend, will do more now that I think I've got them wrapping better

7x1/4 FBBC Square

BASTARD!!!! :rock :rock :rock

GOLDEN BASTARD!!!! :rock :rock :rock

Hexabastardxmiss :angry:

I'm not happy about the Hex, but I think I was pretty wore out by the time I got to it, but I didn't even wobble it :blush . I actually used up a lot of energy just getting all psyched up for the Bastard. I took it out in the middle to measure it and was shaking so bad I could barely get it back in the wraps and hold it properly to finish the crush hehe. Golden was IMO a bit easier than the Bastard up until the last 1/2" of the crush. Hexabastard WILL die next time!!!!

Videos are uploading to my Youtube!

Edited by easyWeight

Well I got my FBBC stock today and had to get the Bastard among others out of the way. This is beautiful stuff too btw. I'm pretty impressed that it's all rounded off and free of burrs. :rock

DO Bending:

w/u 2 Timber Spikes

6x1/4 CRS in IMPs ~ first IMP bend, will do more now that I think I've got them wrapping better

7x1/4 FBBC Square

I'm not happy about the Hex, but I think I was pretty wore out by the time I got to it, but I didn't even wobble it :blush . I actually used up a lot of energy just getting all psyched up for the Bastard. I took it out in the middle to measure it and was shaking so bad I could barely get it back in the wraps and hold it properly to finish the crush hehe. Golden was IMO a bit easier than the Bastard up until the last 1/2" of the crush. Hexabastard WILL die next time!!!!

nice bends Darin :rock:rock:rock. lookin forward to the vids. dont be too hard on yourself about that hex. The current hex is way way harder than the bastard on the kink and a decent bit harder throughout the bend. good job man

DO Bending:

w/u 2 Timber Spikes

7x1/4 FBBC Square

nice bends Darin :rock:rock:rock. lookin forward to the vids. dont be too hard on yourself about that hex. The current hex is way way harder than the bastard on the kink and a decent bit harder throughout the bend. good job man

Oh well that's good to know!! I was under the impression that it was similar to the Golden. Thanks man!!

haha nowhere near the golden on the kink man, maybe similar on that last half inch of the crush. its alot closer to an edgin for the kink. sweep and crush is much harder on the edgin though. Im sure youll get it soon though at the rate youve been progressing :)

Thanks guys. Any idea what they're calibrated at or how they compare to a shiny?

535 for a 7'' piece. shiny calibrates higher at 545 but the hex kink feels much harder. the last inch or so of the crush is harder on the shiny though

Ah cool. I'm counting on the Shiny being a tough crush. I have some 7mm SS that Hugo sent me that is pretty springy right toward the end. Thanks for the info man!!

:bow Darin ... what can i say ? u are :inno " king " for one day but ...

in the the future ... i am scared ... :whacked damm good bender!

:bow Darin ... what can i say ? u are :inno " king " for one day but ...

in the the future ... i am scared ... :whacked damm good bender!

Hehe, thanks Hugo! You're right there with me, you just need to get out and bend that Bastard or whatever like it's hurt you bad and you're seeking revenge!! ALL BASTARD MUST DIE!!!

Edited by easyWeight

thanks Darin!

got some stupid injuries lately(trying to overcome one lower back injury) but getting better now.

u have more raw power than me and your crush its much better . maybe if i put again the "animal style"again ... will break the bastard in two pieces?? lol (jk)

Good luck on the Hexabastard, they are kryptonite for me :(

Great bending! :rock If that hex stops you again go for some cut down bastards.

thanks Darin!

got some stupid injuries lately(trying to overcome one lower back injury) but getting better now.

u have more raw power than me and your crush its much better . maybe if i put again the "animal style"again ... will break the bastard in two pieces?? lol (jk)

Injuries suck! That's partly why I laid off for a week or so because the ligaments around my upper forearm, elbow and lower bicep on my right arm were bugging me.

If you're feeling you need to get stronger, the muscles I feel I use the most on DO bending is a lot of triceps, upper chest and shoulders. With that said you'd benefit a lot from incorporating some incline bench, close grip bench, and military-style pressing into your training as well as some heavy dumbbell and barbell rows.

And of course unleashing "animal power" is always a safe bet :rock :rock :rock

Nice bending there man.

Thank you sir!

Good luck on the Hexabastard, they are kryptonite for me :(

Hehe, well I plan on destroying it eventually, whether it's in two weeks or two months it will go down! Thanks!

Great bending! :rock If that hex stops you again go for some cut down bastards.

I think I'll probably bending some more bastards, cut and 7", before attempting the Hex again. I want to make sure it'll go down. I only have two of them right now so I don't want any failed attempts!! Thanks Perry!!