2x168# 2HP

Blob RH, Blob drag up 15deg incline LH, Blob LH 2" pull

Blob + 2.5# RH, Blob Drag up 28deg incline LH 3/4 way (about 12") PR

1x178# 2HP

2x45# R+P BH 2 5/8 pinch block

1x 45#plate + 2.5# Hub lift, 45# attempt LH

1x188# 2HP

Blob RH, Blob drag up 28deg incline LH PR

1x45#plate +5# hub lift attempt 8" RH PR, 45# plate lifted by hub to shoulder height RHPR, Hub attempt LH

1x193# 2HP 54mm

1x195# 2HP 54mm PR

1x198# 2HP 54mm PR

1x203# 2HP 54mm PR on video

1xBlob + 3.75# RH, Blob Neg LH

3xBlob RH (last rep just short of full lockout) PR

2x65# 2 5/8 pinch block BH

1x76# 2 5/8 pinch block LH

1x86# 2 5/8 pinch block RH

2x1xBlob 3 finger M+R+P RH PR

RT

2x135# BH

1x160# RH

1x170# RH

1x180# RH

0x185# RH

20x140# RH take hand off and reset each rep PR, 20x125# LH same

20sec x135# LH loadable inch hold suitcase, 12sec x 142# RH hold

2x16# RH , 2x11# LH TTK

10x20# 2H TTK, rest 15sec then another 8 reps.

4x60d

5xBBGE@MM5 chest crush

- Aaron

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• CoC#3

2-25's with ring and pinky only, almost done!? Wow, that's very impressive to me.

Also, congratulations on going over 200lbs on the 2HP!

Very strong! I like the incline blob work.

Thanks Josh! The incline work is helpful when your getting real close to being able to pull it.

2-25's with ring and pinky only, almost done!? Wow, that's very impressive to me.

Also, congratulations on going over 200lbs on the 2HP!

Thanks!

This morning Gym work before breakfast. Was feeling pretty cruddy, didnt get much sleep last night. decide not to go up in weight on the SQ

7/28/07 BW 241#

Squats

5x135#

20x225#

DB Standing OH Press

9x80# BH

Pullups

6x with 20# db between knees Dead Hang

Swiss ball crunches

20x 25# plate on top of head.

- Aaron

Aaron, that is outstanding!

Do you know that the M-R-P is the grip David Horne uses for The Blob because it feels like he gets a better grip on it without his index finger (apparently due to his hand size).

Aaron, that is outstanding!

Do you know that the M-R-P is the grip David Horne uses for The Blob because it feels like he gets a better grip on it without his index finger (apparently due to his hand size).

I did not know that. Normally I can barely get the tip of my index finger over the edge anyway probably for the same reason. my hands may be 8" but its mostly palm dammit. I can certainly get a more comfortable grip without the index but I need to get the other fingers a bit stronger to get that grip consistently.

- Aaron

I only got some blobs recently and have tried them only a couple of times due to sickness, BUT, the only time I got air with my 35lb blob, was with that grip, that has the index finger on top of the blob, kindof towards the edge of it. I found it easier to lift this way, BUT then one would be strenghtening the other fingers and not the index finger, so for overall strength I think one should try to use the index even if it's just the tip of it, heh.

Gym this morning. I'm abit sore from yesterday. Derek and John Clark came over yesterday for the group training. Everyone did well, but it was a long session about 7hrs. Derek got his first red nail, unfortunately we didnt tape it.

10/1 early AM

BW 245#

Squats

5x135#

20x235#

DB standing Presses

10x80# each arm

Swiss ball crunches

25x 25# plate on top of head

Dang, you can do 20 reps with a lot of weight in the Squat, at least for me. Did you try these 20rep workouts back when you were Squatting the big numbers 10 years ago? If so, what could you do 10 reps with?

245? Not that I'm tracking you by the pound or anything, but didn't you do the Velocity Diet for a month to win a contest between coworkers and got down to 230 or so? Are you gaining fat? Or muscle? :tongue

Dang, you can do 20 reps with a lot of weight in the Squat, at least for me. Did you try these 20rep workouts back when you were Squatting the big numbers 10 years ago? If so, what could you do 10 reps with?

245? Not that I'm tracking you by the pound or anything, but didn't you do the Velocity Diet for a month to win a contest between coworkers and got down to 230 or so? Are you gaining fat? Or muscle? :tongue

Never have done 20rep squats before this. Well never trained them anyway. We did tests in college occasionally to see how many reps we could get on a certain weight but thats it. Back when I was pretty strong 10yrs ago I worked up to 10x625#. Back then I usually worked in the 6-10rep range.

yep I got down 230 or a little less and was a bit more lean then. I have gained back a little fat but not too much. mostly its muscle I think because I'm still fitting in the size 36 pants although the legs are a bit tighter from the squats. I'm eating pretty well the last couple of weeks too. Making most of my meals and getting the ratios where I want them. I would like to get back down to 230 If I can after the contest, but will not be doing the V-diet again. My wife had issues with me living on powdered food for a month and doesnt like me to put anything in my mouth thats not food (ie supplements, soda)

- Aaron

Did event training on Sunday, Grippers on Weds, tried to pick up the blob a few times last night.

today

10/5/07 early AM

Gym

squats

5x135#

20x245# PR (BW for 20 big milestone for me)

swiss ball crunches

25x 45# plate on chest

- Aaron

Aaron, looks like your Inch work is primarily done to finish workouts, mostly as timed holds? Thickbar seems a lot tougher to me than pinch, I think I could pinch five days a week and make progress, at least for brief periods. Scanning your log, your PR is app. 150-something unless I overlooked something...is this the PDA model? I wonder what you'd do fresh and well rested on either the PDA model or the real thing.

Your log is awesome, keep up the good work.

Edited by odin

Aaron, looks like your Inch work is primarily done to finish workouts, mostly as timed holds? Thickbar seems a lot tougher to me than pinch, I think I could pinch five days a week and make progress, at least for brief periods. Scanning your log, your PR is app. 150-something unless I overlooked something...is this the PDA model? I wonder what you'd do fresh and well rested on either the PDA model or the real thing.

Your log is awesome, keep up the good work.

Thanks Odin, thats what I was shooting for. it helped some but the increases in weight for time did not elicit an equal amount on the max for me. Best that I did since I stopped logging before the contest was 165 for a single on it. its not a pda but a homemade one using conduit and spinlock collars to make it solid. If you check my gallery I think there is a pic somewhere.

- Aaron

Are you using the 20 rep squats to increase your testosterone for grip a la Joe Kinney ( I noticed all the SW work) or is this just for gym purposes? If for grip; any thoughts, comments? Thanks

Josh

Are you using the 20 rep squats to increase your testosterone for grip a la Joe Kinney ( I noticed all the SW work) or is this just for gym purposes? If for grip; any thoughts, comments? Thanks

Josh

Yes the first one was the plan. It seems to have a good effect on grip recovery and increases for me. I was wondering if anyone would catch on to that.

- Aaron

• 3 weeks later...