The Coin Challenge

lloyd80s

Hi everybody. I just tryed my firs coinhold and i managed 19 sek with my nr 2. I think i can get 5-10 sek with my 2,5 next time i try. I did my present try in the end of a record workout wher i ccs the 2,5 with both hands and closed the 3 from a 40mm set in a choker.

I will try to move upp in the ranking, it was a fun challange!

Hi everybody. I just tryed my firs coinhold and i managed 19 sek with my nr 2. I think i can get 5-10 sek with my 2,5 next time i try. I did my present try in the end of a record workout wher i ccs the 2,5 with both hands and closed the 3 from a 40mm set in a choker.

I will try to move upp in the ranking, it was a fun challange!

Nice job on the hold and the PR workout!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

I'm not comfortable on the 26th spot. A couple of weeks back I managed a 14 second hold on my easy #3

There's some sledge levers first, coin hold tarts after the 50 second mark.

Nice job on the coin hold David the levering was good too!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

• 3 weeks later...

not much movement in this thread anymore!

I closed my #3 ffor the 3rd time ever, got cocky, and went for a #2 coin hold, hit 19 seconds, and realized from the thread I had already done 16 seconds, so not much improvement. I will try a hold with the 2.5 tomorrrow after a short warm up and no big gripper attempts!

okay, fresh day, really good results. I have a filed HG250 that I do a lot of work with lately to focus on those last few mm that I usually miss on my attempts to close the 3. I have closed the HG300 1 time, and the CoC 3 3 separate times now.

Today I closed that filed 250 one good squeeze as a bit of a warm up, then waited 5 minutes and went for a coin hold with the 2.5. I got 14 seconds and it fell JUST before 15 ! I think I am goin to focus on some holds with the 2.5 to help me get consistent with the 3 now!

okay, fresh day, really good results. I have a filed HG250 that I do a lot of work with lately to focus on those last few mm that I usually miss on my attempts to close the 3. I have closed the HG300 1 time, and the CoC 3 3 separate times now.

Today I closed that filed 250 one good squeeze as a bit of a warm up, then waited 5 minutes and went for a coin hold with the 2.5. I got 14 seconds and it fell JUST before 15 ! I think I am goin to focus on some holds with the 2.5 to help me get consistent with the 3 now!

Nice work, that's a pretty good time! :rock

Hugo, when you eventually get round to updating the leaderboard :tongue I've 17 seconds on my creaky Brass RB260: (Coin hold.) :)

mike: how do u rate your rb 260? 3.0,3.1,3.2 ?? harder??

I'd say just a tad over the #3 maybe a 3.1 but no more than that.

I won't be putting it to the RGC as I don't want to damage the knurling, it's Sam's old gripper so maybe he can give you an estimate.

thanks Mike!

yes the gripper sounds like 3.1 or so.

will update soon(i am not at home) sorry for the long delay.

NEW UPDATE

1-Acorn 9 sec #3.5 178 LBS

2-Nakkuri #3.5 RH 5 sec 177.7 LBS

3-bencrush 9 sec BSE 172 LBS RH

4-coc#3 Rb 330N 3 sec 171.80 LBS (Challenger!)

5-Lukeamdman #3 13 sec 168 LBS RH

6-Ox3732 #3 23 sec RH

7-Autolupus rb 260 17 sec

8-Wes #3 15 sec.

9-David Wigren #3 14 sec.

10-Porkchop #3 13 Sec.

11-Magnus #3 7 sec

12-Lloyd80s #3 5 sec RH

13-Powerhouse bbsm 11 sec

14-Cannon bbsm 8 seconds

15-Ewokhugo Rb 240 16 sec RH

16-Turbinepro #2.5 23 sec

17-koura #2.5 19 sec

18-Jdchmiel #2.5 14 sec

19-Sineparixmace #2.5 12 sec RH

20-Gumpster #2.5 5 sec RH

21-Tja rb 180 20 seconds RH

22-egg_uk rb 180 6 seconds RH

23-Wayne #2 35 sec

24-gripcrazy #2 RH 30 sec

25-Ericmilfeld 26 seconds #2

26-the bone orchard 24 seconds #2 RH

27-Poppy 23 seconds #2 RH

28-pawel r #2 20 sec RH

29-White scorpion RH #2 19 sec

29-Captain Sam #2 19 sec

31-Nails #2 16 sec RH

31-Animal Cage #2 16 sec RH

33-Gerryq 11 sec #2 RH

34-Hellmagic #2 10 sec RH/LH

35-Rockhead #2 4 sec LH

36-Malachimcmullen filed #1.5 18 sec RH

37-bigmatt 37 sec #1.5 RH

38-Lukeallard filed #1 45 RH

39-Dimmers 33 sec (filed #1) RH

40-pete1006 #1 65 sec RH

41-Superfeemiman 38 sec #1 RH

42-Nightowl27 #1 28 RH

43-Jsmiley #1 24 sec RH

44-The steve train #1 20 sec

44-Liamcafs #1 20 sec RH

46-Vikingrule92 #1 14 sec RH

47-Klotz 13 sec #1

48-Xrated618 #1 10 sec RH/LH

Edited by ewokhugo

i have notices Brandon calibrated his #3 at 141 lb ...

wich put Mike above him.

Brendan , fell free to use one hard gripper please.

Thanks.

I got 11 seconds on the 152.5lb #3 today. But I wanna save some steam...later, I'm gonna try it on the HG350 :shifty

Edited by Magnus

Congratulations to everyone on their improvements. I have not restarted KTA, but I've just kept my #2 in the car and my #2.5. I actually closed my #2.5 by using my left thumb to keep the gripper n place in my hand. I've had an issue with it sliding back in my hand a bit. Once the gripper stayed in place, I was surprised at how easy it was! Anyways.

I do not have video of this close, but I did improve my coin hold with my RH with my #2 to 26 seconds! It moves me up one spot at least! HA!

Man I'm way far down on that, haven't updated here in a while. Not max effort and done at the end of the workout but a 132 #2.5 for 13 seconds

Man I'm way far down on that, haven't updated here in a while. Not max effort and done at the end of the workout but a 132 #2.5 for 13 seconds

Funny thing is, I was just looking through the whole list and was confused by your placement on the coin hold! I guess you just made it make sense for me!

i have notices Brandon calibrated his #3 at 141 lb ...

wich put Mike above him.

Brendan , fell free to use one hard gripper please.

Thanks.

Hugo I did not use that gripper for the coin hold I have not calibrated that one.I will do so and update you as soon as I do though.And yes I am working on harder grippers now!!!I see your tactics!!! :D

thanks Brendan.no need to change your place.

my tactics .. well i have been very dissapoited with my progress. i am less than 1 mm from the #3.

#2.5 for 23 seconds!!! is there anyone who jsut calibrates grippers? Like I could mail some $$ and 9 grippers to them and get them back within 3-4 days with some numbers?