• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• Tim71

• wscorpion

• bencrush

Mark,

Great bend, I will put this on the list later tonight.

Well done,

David

Mark,

Great bend, I will put this on the list later tonight.

Well done,

David

Thanks David.

Tim has sent me some 1/2" bars, and I've sent him some 12mm bars.

We're both pretty curious as to whether that 0.6mm difference really matters that much ;)

well done mark :rock

boland

Thanks mate! but I believe you've already read about this bend before, I've bent it a week ago and posted it on the board, but David was on holiday so that's why I posted it here again ;)

Edited by White Scorpion

Who's the joker tnvinter in the related sub list! :erm What the hell is that about! :laugh:laugh:laugh He ought to be in a seperate section tagged oiled and fondling coat hanger wire! :laugh

Anyway...Excellent bend Mark! Padless brace on the knee, BRUTAL, careful man. :rock:bow

Thanks David!

Let's enjoy this short moment of glory, I'm on top of the list :mosher

(Hope that vid of Tim get's lost somewhere in the postal office :whistel:tongue)

Who's the joker tnvinter in the related sub list! :erm What the hell is that about! :laugh:laugh:laugh He ought to be in a seperate section tagged oiled and fondling coat hanger wire! :laugh

Anyway...Excellent bend Mark! Padless brace on the knee, BRUTAL, careful man. :rock:bow

Thanks mate!

And honestly I'm getting sick in my stomach from seeing that vid of tnvinter, especially the voice and the nipple rubbing, it's terrible :ohmy

Edited by White Scorpion

Mark,

You're doing real well, and who knows what you'll be doing in a years time.

David

Mark,

You're doing real well, and who knows what you'll be doing in a years time.

David

So true....

I'm not bothered by the fact that I want more and more which isn't possible yet, but I'm just too motivated to wait....

Sometimes I wake up at night thinking about bending some bar I haven't bent before, maybe I should take a break :whistel:whacked:tongue

No don't take a break, but think about the long course. You're here on the planet for many years (hopefully) and in this time you will not just strengthen physically but also metally. So remember there is plenty of time ahead - no need to rush it, enjoy! :yikes

David

Mark,

I've got extra copys and I'm not afraid to use them :tongue . Seriously thanks for swapping the steel as I'm like you, very curious to see what the difference feels like if any.

I know what you mean about dreaming about bending. I'm trying to mellow out more now and enjoy the bending and not putting too much pressure on myself. Like David said no need to rush it. I have a hard time too reminding myself of that one.

Tim

Oops! Forgot to type what I originally was gonna say and that's congratulations Mark! You earned that one. I watched the vid or at least part of it and you are one strong bender.

Tim

Mark,

I've got extra copys and I'm not afraid to use them :tongue .

Lol :tongue

Please do if necessary, you've definitely earned it !!

Seriously thanks for swapping the steel as I'm like you, very curious to see what the difference feels like if any.

I still don't believe there's much difference, but a part of me wishes that my 12mm's are much easier then your 1/2". This way you could use them to bend the 10" version as well.

But then again, another part of me wishes it's the other way around :tongue

I know what you mean about dreaming about bending. I'm trying to mellow out more now and enjoy the bending and not putting too much pressure on myself. Like David said no need to rush it. I have a hard time too reminding myself of that one.

Tim

Well, it's not only with bending, but no matter what I do, I will have to give myself for 200% otherwise I feel it's useless to do so.

So I have this with lifts and stuff as well, I can't take it easy with strength training, If I can lift 150kg, then I will lift 150kg, and not 130kg...

Oops! Forgot to type what I originally was gonna say and that's congratulations Mark! You earned that one. I watched the vid or at least part of it and you are one strong bender.

Tim

Thanks man, you definitely earned that 11" version as well, too bad you didn't manage to get the 10" version under the required rules :(

@David: what I meant with a break is a week off or so, not more then that. I'm having too much fun to stop bending ;)

Although I must admit I'm not thinking of steel bars as a very strong objects which are impossible to bend anymore.

The time where I was impressed that I could actually bend a steel bar is gone, now I feel it's not more then logical that I can bend steel bars.

But then someone else hears about people bending steel bars, and places you back to reality, they are still steel bars and originally meant not to be bend, especially not with body pressure only!!

Man I love this sport :tongue;)

Well your certainly on the right path, and yes mentally you have to believe the steel will yield.

Keep up the good work!

David

Mark,

Same here. I really just like trying different steel too. Even if yours is a tougher composition it will still be interesting to try something different. I'm interested in the 10mm too which in my mind will no doubt be noticably harder than our 3/8. I think American 7/16 and smaller seems to be a slightly softer steel than the 1/2 inch and above. Your 10mm in your photos appears to be more like our 1/2 inch in appearance so I'm hoping it will be a tough one.

I try to keep in perspective the steel bending too. Seems like every time I set a PR and look at the new "trophy" the amazment lasts a very short time and I start thinking of tougher and tougher stuff to bend. To the average person though it seems super-human and I guess that's a neat thing. Kids especially really get a thrill out of it.

Let me know how it goes!

Tim

When you say "honor system", do you still need to have a witness? Because, if I can get my time down from 15 min to 5 min (on both--have to take a few too many rests...), I would be section A, level 9 on the long, and section B, level 3 (actually 3.5...19") on the medium.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

Yeah buddy kill some steel and get on the list. Get some 3/8 inch hot rolled at knock out some of that too. That's a heck of a 5/8 inch bend. 1/2 inch too for that matter.

Tim

I bent the 32" x 5/8" HRS last night in 4:45. I was really motivated, especially after the clock hit 4:00 and the bar was at 90 deg! It was slightly asymmetrical, with 9.5" between the ends. I also bent a 20" x 1/2" in under 5:00, but I then noticed that, the way I bend this length, the legs are parallel, but no further. A little less than 4" between the ends...so maybe another day for that one, as it didn't want to go any further!

I know this has nothing to do with the list, but I also bent a 10 3/4" x 3/8" spike (not fbbc, as the 12" is still quite a monster...haven't gotten it far enough to crush yet)

Justin

David,

How about a list for braced and unbraced snapping?

I've been playing with it today and got a 1/4" x 5.5" CRS in approx 4 minutes, this was a heck of a workout!

After that I've cut a 14" piece of a 10.12mm rod of HRS steel. I assumed this would be a nice length to snap it.

I was right, it wasn't too hard to bend the bar backwards again, but after 18 minutes the bar still didn't snap or even feel lighter. It was extremely hot on the kink, but that's all! So after those 18 minutes of total body workout I decided to stop trying to snap it ;)

Guess HRS isn't the best steel to snap, think crs is much better for this....

Anyway, I haven't got the slightest clue on whether I'm using the right technique and what the current standards are for a contest like you are keeping the 8th of september.

I think a list would encourage more people to start snapping bars, and probably improve the technique and standards as well :D

David,

How about a list for braced and unbraced snapping?

I've been playing with it today and got a 1/4" x 5.5" CRS in approx 4 minutes, this was a heck of a workout!

After that I've cut a 14" piece of a 10.12mm rod of HRS steel. I assumed this would be a nice length to snap it.

I was right, it wasn't too hard to bend the bar backwards again, but after 18 minutes the bar still didn't snap or even feel lighter. It was extremely hot on the kink, but that's all! So after those 18 minutes of total body workout I decided to stop trying to snap it ;)

Guess HRS isn't the best steel to snap, think crs is much better for this....

Anyway, I haven't got the slightest clue on whether I'm using the right technique and what the current standards are for a contest like you are keeping the 8th of september.

I think a list would encourage more people to start snapping bars, and probably improve the technique and standards as well :D

That's a really cool idea and I think it would make a lot more people start snapping, I know I would. I think you should give it a shot David.

Nice job Justin! Heck of a bend. That 5/8 is some pretty rough stuff.

Tim