Pete's Journal Ii

pdfk20

Hey guys,

I've decided to start this new journal, as a way of adding to my new found motivation for grip training. Before the comp. i was thinking about stopping, but after IronGrip i feel like i've got a new passion for it, so it seemed sensible that i should start a new journal for posting workouts as i have turned a new corner. I have also noticed a significant increase in my strength, from about October of last year to April, i hadn't seemed to progressed at all since closing the no.3, but now im definately getting stronger. I am keen to climb the Mash Monster ladder, and set big big PRs in 2HP and Vbar, i will be getting the equipment for 2HP and Vbar soon, and when i do i will work them into a a weekly training schedule. I'm hoping to be in really good shape for next years IronGrip, i'd like to be on 90kg on 2HP, and 150kg on Vbar. Grippers im expecting to be on a 3.6 level this time next year.

So, here's my first workout in my new journal:

BH : #1 x 5

RH:

MM2 replica - 2 single closes and each held for 5s

RB300N - 2 overcrushes felt really strong

- 5 sets of 3 MMS reps PR!! (reps were opened to about 3/4" each time)

LH:

7 attempts at the RB300N, closes one was probably my first go at it which was about a 1/16" off, the rest were between an 1/8" and a 1/4" away.

Hands have definately recovered from the gripping on saturday, but the rest of my body is still quite sore.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pdfk20

• CoC#3

• twig

• egg_uk

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with your goals Pete. You put a decent dent in that #4 of mine, i think 3.6 on grippers is easily achievable by next year.

Keep it up Pete!!! :rock

Cheers guys, will try and keep you all posted with my progress, im gonna do a grip workout once a week, and will add to his journal every couple of weeks.

Saturday night:

1HP:

RH:

15kg x 6 x 2

30kg x 6 x 1

40kg no air yet, but did assissted lifts.

LH:

15kg x 6 x 2

30kg x 3 x 1

Hub lifting:

RH:

30kg, 5 lifts each held for 10s

LH:

30kg, 1st lift held for 3 s, 2nd just got above ground, failed on subsequent lifts.

Im gonna try and get myself set up with some 2HP equipment, so i can train for that properly.

Thanks Sam.

Tonight i did about 200 MMS closes of my BBSM(2.8) spread out over a period of just over 3 hours, i was working on a roughly a close a minute. This was good for nailing in MMS form and training in my setting strength, as well as of course grip building although the closes were all pretty easy, until the last 50 or so where it started getting tougher.

THAT IS AMAZING!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sam.

Tonight i did about 200 MMS closes of my BBSM(2.8) spread out over a period of just over 3 hours, i was working on a roughly a close a minute. This was good for nailing in MMS form and training in my setting strength, as well as of course grip building although the closes were all pretty easy, until the last 50 or so where it started getting tougher.

That's real good mate. Was your setting finger torn up afterwards :whacked ?

Vbar training:

Total weight not including weight of Vbar as my scales are unreliable:

RH:

98 kg warm up lifts

112kg x 1, 1

118kg x 1, 1

124kg x 1, 1

128kg x 1,0

LH: maxed out on 118kg.

Tonights gripping:

RH:

BBSM 2sets of 1 rep

RB300N - 2 singles

- 2 sets of 3 reps

- 2 Overcrushes held for 15s

MM2 - 3 singles all closed and held for 5s, second close felt easy.

LH:

BBSM - 10 attempts, first 3 were all closed, rest were missed by less than 1/16".

Next week will go for the flush mounted BBE on the RH, on the LH will go for my 2006 no.3.

DO Deadlifting in gym today:

100kg x 3 x 3

140kg x 2 x 2

160kg x 1 x 2

170kg x1 PR !!!!!!!

Had a bit of a grip workout this evening, infront of tv no chalk, did the following:

RH:

Some warm up closes with my BBSM (2.8)

MM2 replica (3.3) :

3 sets of 2 MMS reps PR!!!!!

3 singles OC and held for 10s.

BBSM: 2 sets of 7 reps

LH: a few wide set closes of BBSM

Are you going to go for the IM cert on that number 3 Pete at some point?

Edited by dimmers

Not for a while, i need to start training using the CCS, and might have to buy a new no.3.

Not for a while, i need to start training using the CCS, and might have to buy a new no.3.

I want to cert on the #3 - a dual cert would be cool mate! :mosher