Bending

Alawadhi

My friend came to my home to teach him how to bend. I couldn't resist and wanted to bend. I didn't care about my elbow. Anyway, I warmed up by FBBC 5" 1/4. Then a couple of 1/4 7" HRS (a bit tough, like CRS). Then 5.5 G5. All in ironmind pads. Then took the red and kinked it in IM pads. Hurted a bit then swithed to leather. Took it to about 90 degree then again switched to IM pads and bent it to 1.3 inches. The bend took around 2 minutes. Thats it for today. Want to keep it easy on my elbows.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alawadhi

• David_wigren

• Booyah!!!

• bencrush

good to see you back bending!!! :rock nice work on the red by the way.

(take it steady though)

Thanks. I can't wait to bend those in IM pads in less than a minute. Then will contact IM ASAP.

Thanks. I can't wait to bend those in IM pads in less than a minute. Then will contact IM ASAP.

That will be great! i hope to cert on the red some day too. I'm sure you'll get it very soon!!! :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from watching "harry potter and the order of the phoenix" " the 5th movie" (it's 3 AM right now :whacked ) and have a nice news. At least for me. My friend came to my home today to bend. I didn't bend from the last time because of my elbow injury and recently wrist paid. But when I saw him I got psyched up. Warmed up with 2 1/4*7" HRS. Then open the box I recieved from FBBC last couple of days. And took the 1/4 ss sq. I really wanted to try that. It just went easy. Wasn't hard at all. Then did a big bastard cert video (uploading on youtube as I write). Then attempted the huge bastard. It went to 80 degrees easy then froze there. I kept trying to bend it for an hour and I got it to 1.75 inches :rock a BIG PR for me :rock I always wanted the big bastard :mosher But I an uploading the video of my attempt when it froze at 80. I want tips if you don't mind. Then attempted the red nail in IM pads. Didn't do well at all. Just a slight kink. maybe 10 degrees. Then started recording and used leather. After 90 were it gets super hard I again switched to IM pads and bent it from there. Video is also uploading. Then tried FBBC shiny bastard than booyah gave me. Kinked it like kinking the red in IM pads. Thats about it for today.

I like to thank John beaty for his amazing crush pads that helped me to get the huge bastard under 2 inches(to 1.75). I will upload the pic of the bends to my gallery.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=6097

Edited by Alawadhi

Great Job Alawadhi!!! :rock

Then attempted the huge bastard. It went to 80 degrees easy then froze there. I kept trying to bend it for an hour and I got it to 1.75 inches :rock a BIG PR for me :rock I always wanted the big bastard :mosher

Typo. It's the huge bastard not big bastard.

Nice work mate!!! :rock

Keep m coming!!!

Thanks guys

Big bastard video

Huge bastard

Red nail

Thanks!

Todays workout. My elbows and wrist didnt bother me. But what stopped my strength this time was skin soreness. Maybe I haven't recover from last session? or maybe I am not for this volume workout?

anyway, here's what I've done.

warm up with 1/4 7" HRS

got two stainless 1/4 FBBC hex from my cousin just to try

the first was 7" long and I bent it as slowy as I can. Bending like that made it hard. A good step from g5 to 1/4 sq. More to the sq than G5. But like any other stainless. I am sure if you went fast through it, it won't be that hard.

new 1/4*7" FBBC CRS sq. Felt harder than the last batch.

The new bastard attempt (is it the 480 pounds one?). I have 100 of these. I thought they will be good for volume. Boy I was wrong. I kinked a FBBC shiny bastard that I got from booyah more than this new bastard. Very tiny mini kink. Can't even detect with human eyes. Either they are very though or my old bastard (385 pounds) were the super easy ones???

6" 1/4 FBBC SS SQ. At least 1/4 offcenter.

the second hex is this. 5"*1/4 FBBC SS hex. Originally was 7" but I did the cutting. Anyone know where this falls?

2 6" 5/16 G5. Harder than the big bastard I bent.

5.5 G8 that is at least 1/2" offcenter.

Thats for today.

Did two quick things for fun. 1/4*4.5" HRS. I didn't do a short steel bending long long time ago. So it was fun to bend that short. Another one was the 7" HRS that I bent I pushed it a 1/4 further barehanded.

• 2 weeks later...

Felt very weak when started bending but did get some decent PR.

2 7" HRS round

New hard FBBC sq

5.75" FBBC ss sq. After 90 was hard but did get it.

Kinked FBBC 5.5" sq. Don't know what happened thats why I said I felt weak.

Found A bar that Maximus sent me long time ago in the metal box. It says on it 5/16 CRS local steel supplier. I bent it in about 3 minutes. Much harder than the 385 pounds bastard.

Then really wanted to bend maximus FBBC bastard bar That has been stuck at this degree (see pic) http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5257 and today it went to here FAST http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=6150 :D So I am REALLY HAPPY .

Then did some ISOS on 8mm stainless that is cheat kinked to 80 degree and moved it about 8 degrees.

I wanted to continue but my skin is starting to tear up.

Everything was bent except that 5.5 FBBC sq. WILL bend it later.

So I was weak in sub 6" but stronger at plus 6".

Edited by Alawadhi

:rock Good work my friend,i knew you would kill it in the end,think those particular bastards were from a 2006 batch that i got from John while i was in America,i still have some 6in ones left and i have only ever been able to do 1 of them,it was a good batch of steel! congrats again.

Max.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow it's been a month since I trained! today I only kinked a 5.5 sq FBBC 1/4, bent the 1/4 ss sq 7". Some ISOS. I got weaker. But will work my way up again.

Looking forward to seeing you make a comeback :mosher I believe you will be bending the Red Nail in the near future :mosher

2 1/4*7"

1/4*7" new FBBC SQ (harder than FBBC SS SQ)

1/4*6.8" FBBC SS SQ

5.3" triangle G8

Red nail (1" offcenter)

2 1/4*7"

1/4*7" new FBBC SQ (harder than FBBC SS SQ)

1/4*6.8" FBBC SS SQ

5.3" triangle G8

Red nail (1" offcenter)

I don't know why I typed 6.8". It was 6" not 6.8". And the Red I just remeasured it and was 0.75" offcenter. Not 1".

Not for now. I have pain in my hands where the skin is between the thumb and index finger. It hurts a lot when I push. So I won't any IM pads nor bending at all until I am finished with the pain. Imagine that 6" SS SQ took me about 7 minutes to bend because of the pain!!! I must get healed then then come back killing the steel.

Edited by Alawadhi