Bending

Alawadhi

Thanks David :rock How is you trianing going? I forgot to report that I also attempted my 8mm stainless and got it to around 90 and also the kinked the hard hex a little.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alawadhi

• David_wigren

• Booyah!!!

• bencrush

Thanks David :rock How is you trianing going? I forgot to report that I also attempted my 8mm stainless and got it to around 90 and also the kinked the hard hex a little.

Thank you. My training is going great with it's ups and downs. I am currently trying to improve my reverse. The goal is set for the BIEW. Still have a long way to go but I should hopefully be there before 2009.

Sounds like it's going good for you too. You're soon where you where before your layoff. Try to stick with it this time :D

Some nice bends! I can't imagine crushing down stainless, brass, and titanium in the same workout...you love the punishment!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LVjZ8JYrkmo The f911

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjC-ZFDpvw The titanuim (don't laugh cause I look stupid bending it!)

Edited by Alawadhi

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LVjZ8JYrkmo The f911

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjC-ZFDpvw The titanuim (don't laugh cause I look stupid bending it!)

Cool bends! Titanium just sounds crazy. But it looked easy but very springy, as you demonstarated a bit at 2:25

Don't worry about looking stupid, I do that all the time :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing much been just traning crush. I can crush a shiny now to 1.4" and my 8mm stainless to 1.7". That's nice little progress on the crush. Also did bend another 7 inch titanuim (also from Brendan) and attempted a red. It was hard till 3" mark but then it was peice of cake. From 3" to 1.5" in one hit. Then another hit to 1" inch. I think I should train bending a whole now and not only crush.

Whoa! Nice crush. I am exactly the opposite. Kink and sweep will be easy, then I start crying like a little girl...

Good strength increases on the crushdown Alawadhi! Now tear it up and train the entire range. Time to move up the ladder again man.

Thanks guys :rock Yeah I didn't really had a PR. I will focus on IM pad bending for now and some little leather to keep strength and after the cert I will train to bend the brutal hex.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some decent crush work. Then did a two full bends. did a hard dark bastard and then a hard Red that Brendan sent me along with the f911 bolt and titanium. The Red was hard. Now I know my Reds aren't as hard as the hard Red. Not close. Maybe that also because because I loss my kink and sweep strength? Anyway the hard red is about 85% of the dark hard evil bastard. I have one more Red from Brendan and when I will be bending a hard bastard in IM pads then I will attempt the Red nail (will nail is for sure if I did the dark bastard) and if it was easy then I will go for the cert.

Edited by Alawadhi

• 4 months later...

Wow so it had been almost 6 month?!!! So almost six month passed sinced I trained. Even more time passed than 6 month because I wasn't training hard :D The reason for the 6 month absent is I just came out of an injury from an motorcycle accident. In those time I was playing with my new "pets" :tongue I will post their pictures later. I had dislocated shoulder and severe head injury. Anyway I am fresh like a new born baby and fine to train again. Today I started bending again and with IM pads only. Warmped up then did a:-

7" 1/4 FBBC SS SQ

6" G8

Both bends took around 15 minutes. I think my hand toughness was the weakest link because I think that's what slowed me down most. Later!

Edited by Alawadhi

Good to see you back Alawadhi! Sorry to hear about your injuries man. I wondered where you were all this time...figured you were just taking some time off.

I thought you had dropped off the Earth! Glad to have you back :)

Thanks guys for the welcome :rock

Welcome back! :D I remember you being really active in the bending section. Good to see you haven't lost your interest in bending. I'm sure you'll be back to full strength in no time.

welcome back Alawadhi!

once i read one comment u made at one if my videos(closed #3..lol) it was a long time ago.

i watched a couple videos from u and i think u are a very good bender.

the accident was terrible but now u are ready to reach more p.b's! your last training shows how good and capable u are !

the bending world missed u!

Great to see you here again! Didn't know that you where injured. Glad to hear you are recovered from that now. I dislocated my shoulder a few times in my mid-teens, so I know what a b**** that can be.

Sheesh. At least try not to kill yourself before you get a few more bending certs, OK? :D

I really appreciate the comments brothers :rock :rock :rock Thank you ALL. This is one of my pets I have been playing with :tongue

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8553

Edited by Alawadhi

Did bending today. Did FBBC SS 1/4" 7" SQ and G8. Both in less than 5 minutes. Nice progress. Then one attempt a the hard bastard. Also with IM pads. Not moving :upsidedwn Then did a 5.5 G8 but wasn't moving much so I stopped for today.

Welcome back Alawadhi :) Nice kitty!!!

Welcome back Alawadhi! Congratulations on your recovery and glad to see you are active in grip again.. :rock