Bending

Alawadhi

Damn there is no edit after we close the page. Anyways I forgot to mention I did 10 reps on the HG500 and 2 on the #4. That's chest crush of course.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alawadhi

• David_wigren

• Booyah!!!

• bencrush

40 KG one hand lift isn't easy for me. I can only rep it 5 times with a bit of leg push. Yesturday I tried to lift 40KG without warmup and my elbow cracked. It hurted a little till now. I guess I will stop training to avoid any serouis injuries. Anyone knows what lift is safe with this pain or should I stop training for two weeks?

thanks

40 KG one hand lift isn't easy for me. I can only rep it 5 times with a bit of leg push. Yesturday I tried to lift 40KG without warmup and my elbow cracked. It hurted a little till now. I guess I will stop training to avoid any serouis injuries. Anyone knows what lift is safe with this pain or should I stop training for two weeks?

thanks

I'd rest it for at least a week to be on the safe side, then make sure you warm up before any lifting in the future to avoid serious injury. It doesn't have to be a really heavy weight either to cause an injury you know - be careful.

Started with my last 6" 1/4 FBBC sq without warmup.Finished it fast. Then moved my last big bastard (pic in gallery, old pic) a little farther.

It's huge bastard not big. Typo!

youdimmers

I will rest for two weeks to be more on the safe side :D thanks for the advice my friend.

I have three of IM pads. One is full of holes. I bent a G8 with it once. If you are used to it then it's like leather. The second pads are new. still no holes. The third one is in the package.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back slowy. Bent a G2 bolt. No pain very easy. It had a sharp v shape. Then did a stainless bolt. Have no idea what it is but when it reaches the 2 inch mark it will be a bit harder than FBBC G5. Then did a G5. Still no pain and don't want to see what can i bend to have pain.

After sawing Tim T doing those amazing PRs he druged me with one of his PRs. I was hooked and really wanted to go for a PR. I Took my IM pads and wrapped G5. Bent it. Then crushed my bent G8 more. Then bent FBBC bastard in less than 30 seconds for sure in IM pads. I think it was 17 or so seconds. Booyah has sent me a 70D keystone long time ago and wanted me to bend it. He sent many encoureging PMs for me. I appreciate it. Thanks :) I also told himhe will be the first to know and I did PM him before this reply. So I kept my word :D Some days were bad and the last 2.5 weeks I have been resting from the elbow injury. So I didnt try the 70d. Then after the bastard I said I will kill the 70d. It's not polite to make Booyah wait more. Wrapped the 70d in IM pads then bent it in less than 30 seconds. Was harder than my FBBC bastard (the new 385 pounds) All in video. Sorry for the quality because it was my nokia phone (n73). I will post the video once the video is upload on youtube. Thanks again Booyah :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

The link

Outstanding Bend Alawadhi!!! You made it look easy. How about a Red Nail in IM pads next :rock It really looks like you have it in you if your elbow is healed.

Thanks Booyah :rock

If I felt good in my next bending session then I will try the Red Dragon :D and hopefully I bend it. (In IM pads)

Edited by Alawadhi

Tried bending today. It sucked. Wasn't in bending mood and was a bit sleepy. All in IM pads. DO G5. DU 1/4 FBBC.

I have the Reds but not sure ifthey are the new hard one. I will buy a bunch of bastards soon. Ben said it will be a BIT harder than the new reds. So if I can bend those in IM pads then I will go for the cert. Hopefully while I am 19.

Thanks guys :)

Awesome bend!

Thanks Eric!

Bend G5 reverse to 30 degrees (PR). Bent G5 DU. Bent my second Red Nail. Am not sure if it's the HARD REDS but I sent one to maximus and he said thats way to easy for him. But this Red nail is way harder than the 385 bastard. I give it 440 pounds or so. Tried to bend maximus bastard but no go. His bastard is frozen there. It's very hard!!! Attempted a FBBC Hexa. one penny kink. Then 3 bars like FBBC 1/4*7 round Dave Ostlund style. See his video of the red nail bend. Let me tell you. THAT WAS HARD and painful. How he id the Red that way I dont know. He must have VERY THOUGH hands. And of course it was DU.

• 3 weeks later...

Waking up from my laziness and bending again :D

Went to my farm with my friends. Two of them likes bending and already have enough power. One of them I trained him 4th bending session with me. he is 96 KG and have some kind of power I guess. Today he fully bent the FBBC G5 bolt. That was his best. But his short shoulder wont give him that much of a leverage. Another one is 60 KG. He is also kinda powerful. Today was his 2rd bending session with me. But have a long hands that is really good for DO. longer hands gives better leverage for DO. The guy is my senior (a man that will beat his master one day :D ). Today he bent a G5 bolt, couple of other hard nails, and finally the FBBC 1/4 square in less than 15 seconds :mosher It was FAST. I told him you are very near to the bastard. He was crazy happy. I told him before the bend he will do it. He also like me and many others said the kink was the hardest part. The sq stuff have the worse kink of all. I also knew he will not get the G8 and yes he didn't. Only a kink to 40 degrees or so. I told him if he gets the G8 then the bastard will fall. Probably in his next session he will bend it because I think he was tired.

Now inspired by those bends I did something for myself but not that good. A G5 for warm up. Then went to the hard stuff. the hard red nail in IM pads. got it to 31 degree in 10 seconds then it froze. My fuel at this time was gone. No more power and plus before bending I did some running in the softy sand desert. That made me tired. at least the kink on the red in IM pads was REALLY good and my first time. Next workout I will take it to 90 or more. Then did the 1/4*6" FBBC sq. kink it a bit but didnt finish it. My friends laughed at me and I got angry and crushed it like a car crusher crushing a car. Then completed the G8 bolt bend my friend started. then a 5.5 G5. Then went home and finished maximus 5.5 triangle G8. That thing was stuck at 80 degree. It was a HARD G8. By exploding into it made it much much easier instead of powering through it. Finally did some ISOS.

Edited by Alawadhi

Great story about your friends! they have good bending days ahead of them!

You must be very strong at DO style if you bend in IM pads to get a RED to 30 degrees in 10 seconds!!! that is amazing!!!

Do you find it any better using some thicker leather for wraps instead of the IM pads? I really struggle with the IM pads and prefer leather. I notice that you use chalk with your IM pads, does this help a lot?

Keep up the great work, the bends you discuss are all very impressive! :rock

Thanks :D . I am not that great at IM. after the 30 degree my fuel was gone :D . Anyways I will keep trying it until it falls. And yes chalk on IM pads helps. Even better use chalk for your hands. I can bend the IM red in thick leather so yes leather helps me to avoid pain and press more.

Nice workout young man!!! Just stick with it. The Red will eventually see it your way :flame