• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alawadhi

• David_wigren

• Booyah!!!

• bencrush

Thanks.

Nothing specail today. just hand toughness. a couple of 5 inch g5 in IM pads. Some 6" sq. crushing my older bends with IM pads. and 5 more bend with a 1/4*7" round dave ostlund style in IM pads. that is a GREAT hand thoughness excersice. He did the RED that way! Just look at the vid.

Just for fun did 10 reps (chest close) on the HG500. Now my hands are beat up.

Edited by Alawadhi

Nothing specail today. just hand toughness. a couple of 5 inch g5 in IM pads. Some 6" sq. crushing my older bends with IM pads. and 5 more bend with a 1/4*7" round dave ostlund style in IM pads. that is a GREAT hand thoughness excersice. He did the RED that way! Just look at the vid.

Nice stuff!

Nice workout Alawadhi !! I am also moved by Davids bends. Do you also wrap like him and go DO?

No No :D . Yes I wrap like him but also bend like him. DU not DO. I suppose DO in his wraps are much harder? Anyways The next workout I will try to do DO and see what can I get.

Today was a bad day (or I felt like that). At first G5 was super hard. Took me about 5 minutes to bend. My hand were tired that time. Then did g5 in IM pads. Was easier. Then did 5" fbbc 1/4. Then Did 5.5 g8. Took me 2 minutes. Then tried the red and it went down in less than a minute in leather (PR!). 1.5 minutes to get it to 1.2 inches. The tried the huge bastard that is frozen at 90 but still didnt want to move. Need to work on my crush. Then tried the hexa bastard but got only one penny kink. My hands were gone at this time. tried anothe bastard but got a humble kink. my skin got tore a little at my pointer finger.

Thats it for today. I will wait until I have my hand toughness back then will attempt the red again in IM pads instead of leather.

Today was a bad day (or I felt like that). At first G5 was super hard. Took me about 5 minutes to bend. My hand were tired that time. Then did g5 in IM pads. Was easier. Then did 5" fbbc 1/4. Then Did 5.5 g8. Took me 2 minutes. Then tried the red and it went down in less than a minute in leather (PR!). 1.5 minutes to get it to 1.2 inches. The tried the huge bastard that is frozen at 90 but still didnt want to move. Need to work on my crush. Then tried the hexa bastard but got only one penny kink. My hands were gone at this time. tried anothe bastard but got a humble kink. my skin got tore a little at my pointer finger.

Thats it for today. I will wait until I have my hand toughness back then will attempt the red again in IM pads instead of leather.

Nice workouts Alawadhi :rock

Thanks

Although I got a PR but I wasn't pleased with the results. I thought if I got the red that fast I will be crushing the the huge bastard. I was wrong. Anyways I must not be greedy and wish to have everythign that I want. In addition, a PR is a PR :) So I will be happy :D :D :D

Edited by Alawadhi

Very nice bending man. The Huge Bastard will come, don't rush it too much.

What? :blink

Very nice bending man. The Huge Bastard will come, don't rush it too much.

Thanks Ben. I hope so.

Good work dude, you're bending some big steel these days!!

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to share a story. No I didn't bend but my friend did. You probably read about him the page before this. He is 62 KG (before 60 KG) and today we were at the sea. It was night and I took the video but it isn't that clear. So he came back from the gym (he had shoulders today!!!) and we went to the sea to smell a fresh air with some friends. I had some steel in my car and thought to have him bend some steel today which will make his 3rd bending session. His bends was all in leather. At first he did some warm up with a shit steel I have. I don't know what it is but it's dirty and good for warmp ups. It's 7" long. Then he tried FBBC 5" round. Got it easy. Then he did the 5.5 G5 and got it easy. But he hurted his hands. He was discourged then because he thought he can't bend anything more. I told him to bend the bastard I have. He said hell no. I told him in your first session you got the G5. The second session 1/4 FBBC square. Now it's your third and I am sure you will get the bastard. He said yes but hmmm I don't know. I told him why? he said the pain is bothering him and today he did shoulders at the gym. I told him that will make you better (I lied to him :D ). I rolled the video and he bent FBBC Bastard in 37 seconds :mosher:mosher:mosher He was AMAZED by himself :rock I was also amazed. I didn't measured it because i had nothing to measure it but when i went home i measured it and it was to 1.95". So it's a legal FBBC bastard bend. I will add the video on youtube as soon as i am not lazy :upsidedwn .

Edited by Alawadhi

Congratulate him for me! :rock

that is an amazing story! i think you should get your friend to bend more often, it seems he may have a gift for it? Congratulations to your friend, and thank you for sharing the story!

very impressive strength, i wonder what he could bend after a few months of regular training at bending?

Would like to share a story. No I didn't bend but my friend did. You probably read about him the page before this. He is 62 KG (before 60 KG) and today we were at the sea. It was night and I took the video but it isn't that clear. So he came back from the gym (he had shoulders today!!!) and we went to the sea to smell a fresh air with some friends. I had some steel in my car and thought to have him bend some steel today which will make his 3rd bending session. His bends was all in leather. At first he did some warm up with a shit steel I have. I don't know what it is but it's dirty and good for warmp ups. It's 7" long. Then he tried FBBC 5" round. Got it easy. Then he did the 5.5 G5 and got it easy. But he hurted his hands. He was discourged then because he thought he can't bend anything more. I told him to bend the bastard I have. He said hell no. I told him in your first session you got the G5. The second session 1/4 FBBC square. Now it's your third and I am sure you will get the bastard. He said yes but hmmm I don't know. I told him why? he said the pain is bothering him and today he did shoulders at the gym. I told him that will make you better (I lied to him :D ). I rolled the video and he bent FBBC Bastard in 37 seconds :mosher:mosher:mosher He was AMAZED by himself :rock I was also amazed. I didn't measured it because i had nothing to measure it but when i went home i measured it and it was to 1.95". So it's a legal FBBC bastard bend. I will add the video on youtube as soon as i am not lazy :upsidedwn .

That's just amazing and you should definitely encourage him to bend more often

I took a look at all of this Alawadhi the whole log looks great and terrific bends by you!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

And your freind sound like some serious potential thats great tell him to keep going!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Once your friend gets his mind focus right hes gonna take off big time tell him if he needs any help that way to contact me through you i love seeing these new guys comeing through as it makes me feel like hitting the steel.

If you can get a clear video of him in daylight doing a [for him]medium to hard bend and a very hard bend i can give him some pionters try and video how/where he holds and places the bar in his hands.

Thanks guys. I will make him post here. He said he doesn't want that video to be uploaded because it's shit. It was night, dark, no , measuring and whatsoever. The next time I see him I will make him bend and will take a clear video. Thanks again.

Edit: I am jelouse :upsidedown It took me almost 6 month or so to bend bastard. And these new guys shows up and bend a G5 in their first or second workout and a bastard on their 3rd or 4th workout. It will make a world difference if you have a teacher. I myself had BAD form and kept improving by the videos on the board. Thanks again gripboard and members :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

That's a truly amazing accomplishment that your friend made! I hope he keeps it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Did bending today. It sucked. Really sucked. It isn't worth mentioning since my best was to kink a red. Thats because I didnt do bending because I had elbow pain. Hope to come back to were i was really soon.

I hope your elbow gets better soon! I know how frustrating it can be to have a workout like that.

Take a few days rest and come back stronger :rock