• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timmy

• lifesnotfair

• Teemu I

• Cannon

YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just snatched a new PR: 25KG Plate + 5 KG :rock

Anyway, I have finished my warmup and about to attack and Maim the #4.

#4:

5 Full Sweep singles( No-Set)

In set position:

2 x 5 ( Bracing)

1 x 5 ( Non-Bracing)

Choke: Parallell 3x 5 ( Assisted Reps)

Wide Choke 3 x 5 ( Braced)

Max Reps with the #3.

Total: 15 Assisted, 35 Braced

Edited by Timmy

Can someone critique my workout?

All right, my views..I think what you are doing is a good way to make progress, but still I suggest that you get some Beef Builders like Elite and Super Elite to work with. Yes, you can get away with #4 and guts but adding those grippers in between would keep things more interesting for you. I know it motivates me more to see the handles touching or nearly touching when I'm able to do just regular attempts on a gripper like Elite, I do feel it's more rewarding that way. I never got/get so excited and motivated about beeing able to keep #4 closed while doing cheated closures with it with the help of extended handle. So what I'm saying is that you might also be even more motivated if you get those grippers in between, because it's easier to evaluate your progress that way. I personally found it hard to estimate where I stand when all I had was #3 and #4 and just a lot of space in between and it was hard to judge whether I was making progress with those cheated closures or not.

I also suggest that you gradually file down your #3 if you allready haven't done so.

So these are my experiences about things that have helped me to make progress, they are mostly motivational, but helped me to "see" beyond #3 and just wanted to share them seeing that you are on the same level as I am right now.

Whatever you decide to do, work hard!

Can someone critique my workout?

All right, my views..I think what you are doing is a good way to make progress, but still I suggest that you get some Beef Builders like Elite and Super Elite to work with. Yes, you can get away with #4 and guts but adding those grippers in between would keep things more interesting for you. I know it motivates me more to see the handles touching or nearly touching when I'm able to do just regular attempts on a gripper like Elite, I do feel it's more rewarding that way. I never got/get so excited and motivated about beeing able to keep #4 closed while doing cheated closures with it with the help of extended handle. So what I'm saying is that you might also be even more motivated if you get those grippers in between, because it's easier to evaluate your progress that way. I personally found it hard to estimate where I stand when all I had was #3 and #4 and just a lot of space in between and it was hard to judge whether I was making progress with those cheated closures or not.

I also suggest that you gradually file down your #3 if you allready haven't done so.

So these are my experiences about things that have helped me to make progress, they are mostly motivational, but helped me to "see" beyond #3 and just wanted to share them seeing that you are on the same level as I am right now.

Whatever you decide to do, work hard!

I was thinking of getting a New #4 and leave it unseasoned - maybe file it down. I can't purchase a Bridge gripper, because my account isn't recognized by any overseas affiliates. I would be honoured if someone is willing to trade me a bridge gripper, though.

Edited by Timmy

Today, stuffed around with a few things. I got the #3 to 1/8" with a CCS, and 1/4" with a no-set. I placed a Hoseclamp on the spring of my #3, and wound it tightly: missed a couple attempts - managed to get 4 singles.

NOW IT'S TIME TO OPEN UP A CAN OF WHOOP-ASS ON THE #4!

Grip: The basic ( Do doubles on the #3 - sinch!, and plate snatches)

#4: Sweep - 1 , 1,1,1x2,1x2,1x3

In set position: 3 x 6 ( Bracing the spring)

2 x 6 ( without bracing)

In choker: Para - 4 x 5 ( assisted)

Wide Set - 3 x 6 ( Braced)

Plate Snatches: 25kg + loading bar: 2

; 25kg + 6 lbs : 3

This will be my last workout in where I do heavy braced sets. On my next workout, I'll be focusing on assisted ranges, and Heavy Negs.

Ok, lets hit some negs!

Warmup: As per se

#4: Regular, full-sweep, and braced, of course.

Set and Brace: 1 x 3 ( Get the hang of it)

Negatives: I will give 5 of my best attempts: I won't do 60, because I want these 5 attempts done with maximal effort - and with 5 second pauses!

- Have a rest period

Now I'll try some assisted ranges in both choke and set.

- Thickbar

Finally, my hands were performing on task

Grippers:

Warmup - a few plate snatches, messing around with the #3

Workout -

I did some forced sweeps with the #4; then proceeded with 5 Severe, Heavy Negs; 5 assisted reps in set position - OUCH! Choked it down to parallell and performed 6 assisted reps for 4 sets.

I might do some cardiovascular work tomorrow.

Felt good, today.

DB-Press: 1 x 10 (50)

2 x 6 ( 85)

2x 4 ( 100)

1 x -- ( 110)... Lost it completely as I rolled back

Dips( 50): 4 x 6

Pullups: 3 x 8 ( 25)

Squat: 2 x 20

I will be hitting the grippers tomorrow, and maybe try some bag-carry medleys. My right shoulder is sore from losing the DB almost completely during the presses. Anyway, today I was smoking the #3 at CCS-width - quite easely! Could of swore that the thing was a dud.... :whistel

HOLY!!!!

Oiled my #4 up, seasoned my hands in with some forced sweeps. Then, BAM! got the #4 to about a hair over 1/2"!!!!!!!!!

I'll post the pic up latter :cool

I think I might get it before the end of the year.

Edited by Timmy

Did some upper body and tricept movements.

Bench: 1 x 5 ( 180)

2 x 4 ( 205)

2 x 3( 225)

These were done strict, with no arching.

Hammergrip Chins: 3 x 8 ( 25)

Reverse Grip Curl: 3 x 5 (110)

Squat: 3 x 20

2 x 4 ( 205)

2 x 3( 225)

So when are you going to try for that cert? Also how long have you been trying with Grippers

2 x 4 ( 205)

2 x 3( 225)

So when are you going to try for that cert? Also how long have you been trying with Grippers

I will go for the cert at the end of this year. I have only been working grippers for 5 months.