• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• Hubgeezer

• David Horne

With regard to the one hand lift:

If the handle or chain touches the leg this is not a cause for failure.

Does this mean it can be lifted as if you are doing a one hand 'hand and thigh' lift?

It is very hard for the handle or the chain to not touch the legs, so we'll let it go. Because the handle is triangular shaped and is obviously held between your legs, you won't be able to get a hand & thigh effect that you you can get with a two hand bar.

See you there on the day, get your entrance fee into Stevie boy,

David

We had another off board inquiry today and a likely candidate for the novice class. Round numbers are about 18 all in if eveyone who has expressed an interest attends, competes and (ahem) pays their fee.

First payment has arrived - Pete1006 goes to the top of the class. Thus far the PP account is empty and the bill for the one hand lift bar should arrive with the bar itself sometime today - hopefully.

If all those of you who seemed serious start sending your money in we can have a great competition...

So start!!

For those of you paying by post / cheque / cash: S. Gardener 14 Hopewell Street, Gloucester GL1 4HG

Mine will be with you on the 25th.

Ok'd.

Mike Corlett aka Hubgeezer - paid :D

I'll be nagging one and all. The further ahead of time it's all organized the easier it is. For example I have been chasing, again, delivery of the one hand lift bar. The pick up was three days late. Arne, while dealing with personal problems, wont be able to get back to me until Mikeal approves a new batch of offical V-bars. In a week or two I'll be thinking about awards and prizes - there are some RB certification grippers alreay promised from our German friends.

Anyone who puts these together AND competes will know it can be a thankless task and as someone competing I would rather I am ready to concentrate on my lifts and not worrying about venues, equipment etc etc.

Edited by mobsterone

Thanks to Rb-germany!

Yup, i got the 3 cert RB's! They'll be coming at ya when i get there ;)

Edited by DuTCH

Just in time. The one hand lift bar (finally) arrived today. I was a little worried it wouldn't hold enough weight but I can get 8 plates on each end easily. On our scales the empty bar was 31.6lbs (it's heavy tube like what was used in Sweden) 16 x 20-kilo plates = 320-kilos or, with bar included, well over 700lbs. I may use some of the dosh to get some slimline bulldog style collars and they will allow me to add another 40-kilos if need be. As 300 kg is a damn good lift it's case of 'just in case' rather than 'we will for sure need them'. Mind you Chris J might have something to say about that...

I also attached a chain, clips etc and tested it for balance - spot on. With the plates a little off that's more likely to unbalance the weight but as it's a low lift it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm training the lift tomorrow and so will get some photos taken then. Hopefully my skin, which tore during v-bar work and sore today, wont interfere with the one hand lift stuff tomorrow. I may need to tape my hands up.

Sounds cool. I'll take the pictures for you if you want and get them on tomorrow. Can't wait for Monday now, and I'll need to tape mine up too :mosher

I must have buggered it up this morning. :whacked I have just done it again and this time I know it's worked. :whistel

Edited by dunkster

Open Class

S Gardener aka Mobsterone

Sam aka CoC 3

Andy Christie - paid

Mike Corlett aka Hubgeezer - paid

Chris James

Novice Class - note some name may be subject to moving to open class.

Pete 1006 - paid

Paul 'Noob Saibot' Wood

Tat 70 (guy)

Duncan 'dunkster' Williams (one of our guys) - paid

Chris Williams

Jose Jara - paid

Women

Ali

Liz Horne (Dave's better half)

• 2 weeks later...

Open Class

S Gardener aka Mobsterone

Sam aka CoC 3

Andy Christie - paid

Mike Corlett aka Hubgeezer - paid

Chris James

Novice Class - note some names may be subject to moving to open class.

Pete 1006 - paid

Paul 'Noob Saibot' Wood - paid

Tat 70 (guy)

Duncan 'dunkster' Williams (one of our guys) - paid

Chris Williams

Jose Jara - paid

Women

Ali

Liz Horne (Dave's better half)

Cheers Paul W

I thought i would have a go at wrist curls the other night as i see its one of the events but due to an old wrist injury i can twist my left wrists all the way round so that my palm is facing up, this means that im putting unequal pressure on my wrists, and its very sore when i do it. If i can't do this event in the competition, do i get 0 points for that event?