Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

Thanks ginroth! It was not easy, but when you put in the time things work out.

Yep I'll see you at worlds. Mailed my registration off to Simon a few days ago. What sucks is that my competition day is the same day as two of my final exams, so I'm going to have to get those moved.

I decided I needed a vacation, so after a long week of improbable and grotesque mischief I'm back to training. During this week of daily alcoholic excess I managed to acquire a gash on my chest so I can't go to practice. I will be training grip and watching my diet though. So we start:

Hand:

10X1 RB240MMS

3X3 RB 240 MMS

5X1 BBSM MMS

3X1 157 gripper in choker

Sand bucket:

3X5 50lb curls

I'm feeling like my max strength is still good, but that my endurance is terrible. It's hard for me to continue with an activity with high levels of strength. I used to be able to do two max sets like 2X75 dips even though 75 dips was my max...now it would be like the second set would drop to 65 or something. I had a dream about lifting atlas stones last night, those things are really fun.

Got smoked on Friday (rest day) by my upperclassmen so I was terrible sore and still am (Monday). Went climbing Saturday climbed a good 3 hours. Climbed all the V4s in the gym.

Sunday:

Went cliff diving. I dove down and touched the bottom of the lake (~35ft) but AGAIN failed to bring up a rock. I did join the "cliff club" though. I climbed a route back up the cliff to the top. It was about a 60ft route at probably 5.10a/b ish.

That route MAXED me out. My hands were dead tired because of the climbing the day before and the fact that I'm out of shape. I was never in danger of falling, but I was GASSED when I got done.

I might take Monday as a rest day because my triceps are 8/10 soreness. My upperclassmen really killed me with the pushups.

Been training hard all week. I've started to keep a written workout log now, so I don't know how often I'll be posting in the log.

News:

I MMSd a brand new #3 that my friend brought me. It was significantly harder than other #3s that I've closed, but still easier than mine. I closed it righty (missed lefty) and I could only muster about a 1/4" attempt on my own #3. I would break it down like this: the other two #3s that I've closed were "easy #3s" this one was a solid #3 and my personal #3 is a hard #3. I think that's probably a good summation of it.

Anyway chalk it up to another #3 that I can close while my own still slips from my grasp.

Saturday:

Went to armwrestling practice. 3 hours. Good mix of strap, hit, hook, toproll, press. Livingston and I had some wars inside. We split the day fairly evenly. I think he had a bit of an advantage as far as win/loss goes. My tricep press was wrecking shop, once I got that press in left handed no one except Lindley could hold me up. Even off a ready go I would stick that tricep on them and down it would go. Righty was less effective. Good training.

• 3 weeks later...

Ivar don't do this to us. Some of us actually enjoy reading your stuff, ya know... :upsidedwn Is this the longest you've gone without updating this log in the past few years? Two weeks now? Come on!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to anyone who actually enjoys reading the log (Arturo :D )! I've been very busy and haven't had a lot of spare time. Plus, as I mentioned, I'm keeping a written log now so it's hard to document in both places without taking a bunch of time.

I've been training very hard. I'm just checking in to post up some PRs. Since last time I posted:

I had my bodyfat measured as part of a University study of athletes. I was 5.0% at 165.5lb...and this is what I can do with that:

-I did a one arm hang for 5sec from a door jam (~.5") in a crimp grip both hands

-Back up to 5 one arm chins and 35lb added weight one arm chin both hands

-sets of 10 straddle front lever pullups or 3 full front lever pullups

-I do sets of 25 one legged squats both legs

-easy ring/pinky finger only lift 45 hex both hands

-I've been closing my friend's #3 both hands for singles (tough 3)

-I increased my squeeze on the scale from 245lb to 253lb to 265lb (all in the past month)

And now the moment we've all been waiting for (at least me):

I CLOSED MY OWN #3 FROM MMS (RH only)

There's probably been other stuff that I can't think of. I've been knocking down PRs left and right especially in the handstrength department. My legs and arms have been feeling incredible too. I've been climbing in the V6/V7 range as well. I'm SO FREAKING PUMPED that I closed my #3. I've closed 3 seperate #3's ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT before and mine just kept stonewalling me. I finally earned its respect though and it closed for me (now I have closed every #3 that I've touched ie 4 seperate 3s). I was warming up and I felt great, I mashed my friend's tough 3 from MMS with a little grind both hands and decided to give my #3 a shot. I put on killing fields by slayer, hulked up, and squeezed as hard as I could with a yell and managed to get it closed for the first time EVER.

I'm also impressed with my scale squeeze. I jumped it up 20lb in the past month. Pretty soon I'll be spinning the dial all the way back to 0 (300lb) because I did 265 after I did grippers AND it wasn't even a max attempt (no yell involved which usually gains me 5-10lb).

• 3 weeks later...

Training hard.

Bodyweight 167.5lb

Hand is feeling immense. Closing the hard #3 (not mine which is supernatural) every workout usually for 3-5 singles. 45 hex is flying up with various two finger combinations. Sand bucket draped over knuckles 75lbs is coming up for sets of 5. I'm doing 180lb wrist curl isometrics etc.

Hand is almost ready to go. I'd say I'm PR level in all aspects of handstrength.

Arms:

Doing 3 sets of 30 chins...want to increase to 40.

2X70 dips...want to increase to 2X75

5 one arm chins....want 6

Arms are strong with the exception of handstand pushups. I've injured my right shoulder and it inhibits my handstand pushup ability. I'm at 12 and I'd like to be at 15. Planches and maltese are otherwise strong and Iron cross is strong. The ROM for handstand pushups aggravates the injury and robs me of power.

Leg:

Feeling great. I'm getting used to 2X25 one legged squats. Hopefully I can get it up to 4X25 in the next few months.

Feeling pretty good. Fast and strong. I'm working on my endurance now because it has been a long while since I've done high reps and I don't want to lose that ability. I'm getting sore from 2X75 dips and 3X30 chins and I didn't used to get that sore.

I'll probably update again right before I leave for worlds. I'll be at the armwrestling world championships competing for Team USA in the senior left 70kg category Dec 5-12, 2010. I compete on Dec 10th. I took the bronze medal in the junior right handed 70kg category in 2008 in Canada, but this is my first senior WAF. I don't know what to expect but I'm hoping to show them something strong.

You're gaining weight, cool. But you'll have to use some of the drastic techniques to drop the weight if you're pulling 154's in December !!!

Strong numbers man, awesome.

Can I ask you something, to see if you can test this in case you're up to it? It's an easy question. I would love to hear how many chins you get, but each rep being a TRUE dead hang. That means, each rep begins not only with elbows fully extended, but the shoulders protracted also. This adds several inches to the ROM as most people keep their shoulders retracted through the duration of the set usually. Also it's much harder without the momentum. Just breathe or whatever everytime you lower yourself, so you're in the "dead hang" possition for at least a second before doing the other rep. I call this "true" dead hangs but I haven't find anyone who does them like this... only me, lol. I would just like to know how much your number decreases doing them like this. Remember the pause at the bottom, and let the shoulders go up freely.

If it's too much to ask I'd understand. But since you do sets of chins so frequently and they're so easy for you... I thought you'd be interested in trying just for the heck of it. :upsidedwn

• 2 weeks later...

From a dead hang as you're describing...with form so perfect that not even the worst youtube critic could find anything to say (ie straight arms with a pause at the bottom) I did 31. Last few reps I had to hang there for some seconds to "rest" before attempting another rep. 31 was my absolute max...no way I was getting another one. That is down from a max of ~40 if I really push it of the chins I usually do (most of the way down every rep and maybe 25%-50% of reps going straight arm, but shoulders staying flexed). Hands were supinated ie full chinup.

I'm floating around 161-165lb bodyweight lately. I got down a little bit because I thought 167 was rediculous.

I called Cobra Rhodes and asked him what the best way to make weight would be (to ensure that I maintain my strength) and he told me to get to 160lb and then sweat 6lb and weigh in. So, that's what I'm gonna do. I've never done that before but I have a 72 hour window to rehydrate, so I think I'll be good. I'm looking to stay as strong as I am right now.

A couple days ago at 161 I did:

3X1 one arm chin + 35lbs

closed hard #3 (not mine) for 3 singles both hands (THE DAY AFTER ARMWRESTLING PRACTICE)

3X1 smooth wrist curls full range with 100lb dumbell (one hand of course)

1X5 easy rows with 140lb (heaviest dumbell they had) in perfect form

1X13 handstand pushups. My best ever is 14 so 13 is pretty good especially since my shoulder pain limits my strength.

Feeling good right now. I've got a fair bit of injuries going on, but the strength is there. Been training in the hook all practice long and focusing on PERFECT form. NO SEPERATION allowed. It has done me well. I'm much more comfortable now staying super tight and locked in with my arm. We've been doing a ton of all variations of inside moves. My elbows are torn up, so I'm sparing myself the inside practice this weekend and I'm toprolling all practice long if my elbows hold up. If they hurt too bad then I'll take the 4 weeks off instead of my usual 3.

This week has been kind of light due to exams and bonfire shifts, but after my exam Monday I'm going to hit the last two weeks extremely hard to get everything in peak shape. I think I'm in my strongest form ever right now, but I don't have a "peaked" feel which leads me to believe I can still add some percent in the next few weeks.

I tore my left elbow tendon in 2010 2 weeks before AAA nationals and it's on fire right now. I've been bangin hard and that thing is about ready to give out on me. As strong as I'm feeling lefty right now on my exercises I think I have the potential to do well at worlds. It all depends on whether or not I can rest my tendon enough to get the pain out for the competition. When I can work through the pain I'm putting out some serious pressure on the table. Last time I saw Corey he looked pretty big, so I don't know how much he's beasted up...but if I get ahold of the same Corey Miller that I got in San Antonio I'm putting that arm into the pad!

I'll update at least one more time right before I go to worlds.

Nice to hear from you even is not as frequently!

Thank you for trying out my dumb request. I assume it's kind of dumb because I have yet to find anyone doing chin-ups or pull-ups in this manner. I do them like this, maybe I take the word "dead" too seriously in both the Deadlift and Deadhang pull-ups, LOL... but I really want each rep to be from a deadhang. You getting 31 in that manner is amazing, wow.

Also, great rowing 140x5 in "perfect form"!! I wonder if you can do one arm inverted body rows! (with feet supported).

I follow a group of people who do stunts on the bar and post videos in Youtube, and they even have a forum.. and I think of you often when I see their challenges and requirements and stuff, I can't help but think "Ivar could do this", heh heh. I hope you get some good wins on some big names come tournament time!! :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I was just reading your blog. You sound like a BEAST right now! I'll see you at Worlds! Are you planning on moving up in weight after Worlds?

P.S. The 70kg class is MINE come Unified's in Mobile! :zorro:

Thanks. I'm feeling pretty strong. After world's I'm gonna stay around 165 for pro classes (Europa, OK state etc) but I'll be at 154lb for nationals/worlds/arnold classic/Armwars etc

My main plan is to stay 154lb until I win a national title...then move up. Although, as I've said before, I think I'd have won the 165 title twice by now. However, if I won the 165 nationals it would be because people didn't show up....when I win the 154 it'll be because I actually earned it.

Highlights of today:

BW: 161

5X5 one arm chinups

Been resting a lot and no practice for 2 weeks. No pain when I did some medium strength sidepressure exercises today. I'll be good to go in a week with no pain I hope.

If you're super lucky I'll update once more before worlds....but probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

Felt amazing at the worlds. Made weight easily at 69.5kilos (~153lb). Did terrible in the competition. I did beat people, but anything less than podium is terrible. I was stronger than both people that beat me. My goal was to remain calm through the competition and not get too fired up...this was a mistake and I didn't hit in any match. One of my biggest weapons nowadays is my speed and I DEFINITELY didn't have it at worlds. My hit was to basically lean sideways, no aggression. I was stronger than both guys on the practice table afterwards DESPITE being more worn down. Can't believe it.

Anyway, the tournament didn't go so well for me...but judging from side table performances (which I was most definitely more worn down than anyone) I am getting close to that level with my left hand. I beat the Russian junior world champion in my weight class on the practice table which is my favorite memory of the whole tournament. Those guys are STRONG and if you're not an armwrestler you cannot even comprehend what I just said. Basically all of your friends, yeah even the 260lb guy, are getting beat by the 154lb junior world champion. It took EVERYTHING in the tank to beat this guy. We went outside, but he was better so I lunged in for a hook and got a bit of one saving my wrist, I drove sideways with my tricep to keep pressure off my hand, he posted back hard and rolled my wrist and drug me over close to a pin, I really got my shoulder in there and pressed hard for the pad and Travis Bagent called it a win for me.

Max effort. But I finally beat a Russian :D

The music playlist was awesome. It was exactly what I would be listening to. They even played songs such as Sabbath Bloody Sabbath by Black Sabbath which is one of my favorites but not such a well known tune.

Zhanaly Khassanov has become my favorite armwrestler. The guy is an intense looking fellow and his strength is the most impressive I've seen in real life. John Brzenk looks like he can beat you, but Zhanaly is 165lb of unimaginable power. I GUARANTEE you that there is not a man on the planet that can beat this guy if he is not an armwrestler. I don't care what kind of beast on the weights, how big his hand, how much manual labor whatever...NOT A MAN ON THE PLANET that can beat him untrained.

Notes:

I think I was taller than every medalist up until the 242lb weight class. Armwrestlers would have made great gymnasts. Babayev is literally 5'3" tall. All are short guys.

Everyone's hand was freaking TINY. You do not need a big hand to be a good armwrestler. Not kidding EVERYONE'S hand was tiny....it was weird (but they were all short as hell)

I'm now confident that there isn't a woman in the world that can beat me at armwrestling. Josh Handeland puller Irina Makeeva and lost in a pretty close match, BUT he was tired as hell from after pulling. Irina generally gets the nod as the strongest woman armwrestler. Either way I'm game for a supermatch with any woman in the world :D

Huge congratulations to Dave Chaffee for winning the GOLD MEDAL for USA in the 242's!!!

Final thoughts: I'm going to retire from gymnastics and focus on armwrestling full time.

Sounds like you had a time, and congrats on showing a skilled rusky how an AMURICAN GOOD OL BOY DOES IT.

:mosher <-- full mullet for this one.

What a great report Ivar !!! Babayev is 5'3" WTF ??? That's some funny stuff.

Did you try Corey Miller in the practise table? :tongue

I kinda like the news that you'll train for AW full time! Awesome!!!

Nice job. And the thing about that you were taller than most of your opponents gives a good advantage, your arm length is probably bigger than theirs and you have better leverages. Anyway strong :)

• 3 weeks later...

Jan 1, 2011

I went to train with Paul Knight in Ft Worth. As always very impressed with the level of strength representin in Texas! I'm not sure of the screen names of the guys I met, or even if they are board members, but Mark, Alex and Luke were all cool and very strong guys. I had a great time training with everyone.

I took my friend Jonathan to train with us. He first closed the #3 when he either 17 or 18 I can't remember but it was definitely in highschool. He's since got out of it a bit because he joined the marines and doesn't have a lot of time to train grip. He's currently bending grade 5 bolts easily. He failed to bring a jacket or anything to help him warm up so he had a less than stellar day on some stuff but here's his performance as I remember it.

Not so good on grippers. Killing the BB SM, but falling a hair width short on a solid 3. AWESOME day of 2hp. Pulled up 180 his first time ever doing 2hp, possibly good for 185 but everyone took the weight to 205 so he bowed out. Pulled up some odd objects. Close to 300 on the axle possible 303 I don't remember if he got that one. Good work with some blobs. 45lb blob lift or something. Good for everything under 225 on V bar. Getting air under 50lb hex. RT 165lb.

That's about all I remember. Possible that the numbers are a bit low like RT may have been 170 dont quote me on the numbers.

Almost forgot he bottoms up pressed a 32kilo kettlebell. I couldn't even come close to that sht lol. Strong boy.

My performance:

Closed a BBE in a parallel choker. Closed "the hardest #3 that Paul has ever seen" RH from MMS and held it closed LH. Seemed very close to my #3 perhaps the close was a bit harder but my sweep is way harder (the set harder) so the apparent difficulty is very similar. Closed another 3 both hands. Skipped 2HP because I was gripping.

RT: pulled 185 righty thumbless and 180lb lefty thumbless (I'm stronger thumbless). Pulled 170 with both hands with my thumbs (dont think I tried 175).

Blob 45 easy. HALF LIFT of 50lb hex DAMN IT. Got like 2ft of air. Lefty, righty just broke the ground.

235lb Vbar righty, 225lb lefty.

323lb axle deadlift DO. 385lb axle dead (mixed grip) to get over the top of thewalrus' max dead by 5lb :D

Palmed a 16kilo kettlebell from the bottom, picked up a section of railroad track, and probably various other random grip feats.

I'll post up goals and nonsense later. As of now good workout. Forearms sore lol. Kind of suprised I could put up 385 on deadlift given that my legs were so sore from doing suicides and one legged squats at gymnastics practice.

2010 GOALS

Hand:

MM0 cert.............................(FAILED...BUT I CAN CLOSE MY #3 ANY TIME, SO UNOFFICIAL SUCCESS)

5 sec one arm chin isometric from rolling 2 3/8" PVC (MUCH harder than rolling thunder)......(FAILED...that's freaking hard)

climb consistent v6 (be able to flash) and/or climb a v6 outside....(SUCCESS)

improve armwrestling handstrength......(SUCCESS)

Body:

Planche........................(FAIL)

improve inverted cross.................(It gets credit)

improve maltese........................(SUCCESS)

improve butterfly cross................(FAIL)

one arm tricep press isometric.........(MASSIVE SUCCESS)

5 front lever pullups..................(SUCCESS)

6 one arm chins........................(FAIL. 5 or one + 35lb)

15 handstand pushups...................(FAIL. 14 damnit)

Leg:

Dunk a basketball..........(FAIL. easy rim grab gotta work my dribble)

Competition:

Do well at my gymnastics meets and qualify where needed/desired...........(SUCCESS)

place top 10 at gymnastics nationals.......................................(SUCCESS. 9th)

armwrestling national champion.............................................(FAIL. 2nd twice)

Qualify for WAF in USA......................................................(IMPRESSIVE SUCCESS)

make my armwrestling competition presence as good as I am at practice.......(SUCCESS)

That's how 2010 worked out for me. I'm carrying numerous injuries so I'm having a hard time getting those gymnastics strength skills. I guess I may have "improved" them, but hell I want to actually compete those moves.

I always end up training things that aren't on the list which is why a lot of stuff gets failed. Grip went through the roof. I failed to get my MM0 done, but as of right now I have closed every single #3 that I've ever touched including one that Paul Knight said is the toughest 3 he's ever felt. So I'm satisfied with my grippers for the year despite not actually getting my MM0.

Grip was hitting PRs everywhere this year...I think largely because grip isn't injured. Everything else on me seems to keep carrying injuries. Stomach, back, shoulder elbows etc. They all bother me.

I'll update later this week with goals.

2010 GOALS

Hand:

MM0 cert.............................(FAILED...BUT I CAN CLOSE MY #3 ANY TIME, SO UNOFFICIAL SUCCESS)

5 sec one arm chin isometric from rolling 2 3/8" PVC (MUCH harder than rolling thunder)......(FAILED...that's freaking hard)

climb consistent v6 (be able to flash) and/or climb a v6 outside....(SUCCESS)

improve armwrestling handstrength......(SUCCESS)

Body:

Planche........................(FAIL)

improve inverted cross.................(It gets credit)

improve maltese........................(SUCCESS)

improve butterfly cross................(FAIL)

one arm tricep press isometric.........(MASSIVE SUCCESS)

5 front lever pullups..................(SUCCESS)

6 one arm chins........................(FAIL. 5 or one + 35lb)

15 handstand pushups...................(FAIL. 14 damnit)

Leg:

Dunk a basketball..........(FAIL. easy rim grab gotta work my dribble)

Competition:

Do well at my gymnastics meets and qualify where needed/desired...........(SUCCESS)

place top 10 at gymnastics nationals.......................................(SUCCESS. 9th)

armwrestling national champion.............................................(FAIL. 2nd twice)

Qualify for WAF in USA......................................................(IMPRESSIVE SUCCESS)

make my armwrestling competition presence as good as I am at practice.......(SUCCESS)

That's how 2010 worked out for me. I'm carrying numerous injuries so I'm having a hard time getting those gymnastics strength skills. I guess I may have "improved" them, but hell I want to actually compete those moves.

I always end up training things that aren't on the list which is why a lot of stuff gets failed. Grip went through the roof. I failed to get my MM0 done, but as of right now I have closed every single #3 that I've ever touched including one that Paul Knight said is the toughest 3 he's ever felt. So I'm satisfied with my grippers for the year despite not actually getting my MM0.

Grip was hitting PRs everywhere this year...I think largely because grip isn't injured. Everything else on me seems to keep carrying injuries. Stomach, back, shoulder elbows etc. They all bother me.

I'll update later this week with goals.

Great list of feast you've done and goals..all arounder you are :bow

Forgot to say thanks for all the support guys :tongue

Didn't try Corey on the practice table. But yea Babayev is TINY man.

djukac: the arm length could be a benefit perhaps but typically it means I have to seperate my bicep angle to reach down and grab my opponent's hand. I almost feel like being a small guy is beneficial for armwrestling because it allows everything to stay tight. Furthermore having a big hand vs a guy with a small hand you are always having to come down off his knuckle resulting in your arm at 45 degrees and his arm straight up in the air.

My final thought is that I see arm length as neutral. There are some advantages to the long limb, but there are also SEVERAL disadvantages.

I've been training hard for a while. Getting strong again. Still no goals for the year but eventually.

Lately:

My friend came back on leave from the marines, he gained about 20lbs from hitting the weight room and he's been training armwrestling he's 6' and about 190lb right now (#3 closer, 180+ pinch etc). So we decided to armwrestle....always in a hook because that's where he's good, I can toproll him at will so it's like an unspoken rule that we go inside.

When he first got there we had some "for fun" matches and he DESTROYED me in a hook. This was without a hit and without getting super intense, but I was pulling my 100% in a non intense state. Killed.

Right before he left and after I had a rest day we had a 3 round supermatch with a ready go and everything. I won 3/3 in hook. It was TREMENDOUSLY hard. Max effort and I was definitely screaming and getting super fired up. Can't be havin my boy beat me after all the training I've been putting in. He was very strong though it took all that extra horsepower from getting fired up and yelling to beat him...and I definitely didn't keep good form. I looked a bit like Randy Weaver when I pinned him (on a scale of Jim Coyle to Mark Harrison).

In the gym I've been hopping in rotation with the boys and doing 3 full rings routines in about 20 mins.

Handstrength:

1X25 100lb 2HP (one tiny regrip at 23) for a PR

Closed both of my friend's #3's. Closed the easier one left and right and the hard one righty left very close.

This brings the total of #3's I've closed up to 7 righty and 5 lefty:

Eric Milfeld #3.......................RH/LH

Eric Milfeld filed #3.................RH

Alexis #3.............................RH/LH

Jonathan #3...........................RH/LH

Jonathan hard #3......................RH

Ivarboneless hard #3..................RH/LH

Paul Knight hard #3...................RH/(LH held it closed)

I could have closed all of them both hands, but some I only had one day to try you know so if it was a bad day lefty would miss. I'm counting the hold on Paul's #3 as a close in my total lefty even though it shouldn't really be counted. All those 3's are in order or difficulty. Eric's filed 3 should prob be somewhere else, but I tried it 6 months ago and I can't really remember where it would fall.

The LH close on my personal #3 means that basically any of those 3's on there could be closed by my left on a good day.

I think I'll be doing Paul's grip contest next week. I pray to god I pinch 185 so I can lift in the pro class because I'm certainly closing a 3 in contest and I'ma do ~330 on the axle.

I'm now confident that there isn't a woman in the world that can beat me at armwrestling. Josh Handeland puller Irina Makeeva and lost in a pretty close match, BUT he was tired as hell from after pulling. Irina generally gets the nod as the strongest woman armwrestler. Either way I'm game for a supermatch with any woman in the world :D

Not to mention her buddies started her on her side of the table, I felt I could beat her in a hook pretty convincingly, but with her on her side of the table and me worn down she was able to keep my wrist flat and toproll me... she isn't very fast though. I also beat Sarah Backman lefty, Engin has her ranked 4th overall left, she had some power but I didn't have any problems with her up top or inside. Egle Vaitkute is the one to beat lefty tho, not Irina... so I guess we'll have to pull her to know for sure if there is any woman who can beat us.

Nice review by the way.

When I'm not injured and I'm well trained my left is pretty good. I still haven't taken it to a tourney in good condition. Not worried bout those women!

I got very sick last week and missed the freaking grip comp. I was feeling like a CHAMP gripwise and deadlift wise. Been hitting my one legged squats hard. Then the sickness hit me like a ton of bricks and I was literally bedridden for 2 days. Didn't move more than 50ft in two days. Lost 10lbs it wasn't a good deal.

My apologies to Paul, I told him Id be at the comp but I didn't make it.

I went coloradoing when it snowed like crazy. Here's a

to coloradoing. We coloradoed several trees about 20ft tall. What we had to do here in Texas since we had about 3" of snow was pile that sht up. However the first time I did it I missed the pile and landed on the hard ground flat on my back tree top in hand. That's Texas style coloradoing: spend 45mins piling up all the snow and then miss it when you fall down. Luckily I went through the branches and they slowed me down quite a bit so it didn't hurt too bad. Friend's did it too and it was HILARIOUS to see the big boys fall through a pine tree. I'm definitely the smallest of all my friends at 5'11" and 160lb.

Hope to start training hard again here soon. Still getting my fat on right now because I'm getting over this sickness.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been too long since your last update. For all we know you're a 110 pound scrawny colorado-er nowdays. Let us know what's up. :)

Are you going to the Arnolds, and if so who do you predict for top 4 in the 154 class? Besides you... I figure Roman, Vazgen, and Kris Mikels are the top guys to beat (counting out Corey and Simon since they are going up in weight)