• smp76

• deaner

• Ivarboneless

• FrankyBoy

BTW:

Very intresting workout.

I can get a BPM of 165 also.

But only for a minute or so. :tongue

That partner exercizes (with rope jumps) sound cool.

When my heart rate gets to 165, I usually sit down and try not to throw up :flame - not really but an average of 165 for an hour and 20 minutes would probably kill me. Just out of curiousity Sean, what's your max HR in a workout like that? Does your monitor show that as well? I've found the same HR done lifting heavy (say high rep deadlifts) hurts a lot more than if done with higher paced more aerobic stuff. Do you find the same?

Sean,

I'd like to race you in the bench.

20x220 (100kg).

Deal? :)

Frank I am in for the race to 220X20

When my heart rate gets to 165, I usually sit down and try not to throw up :flame - not really but an average of 165 for an hour and 20 minutes would probably kill me. Just out of curiousity Sean, what's your max HR in a workout like that? Does your monitor show that as well? I've found the same HR done lifting heavy (say high rep deadlifts) hurts a lot more than if done with higher paced more aerobic stuff. Do you find the same?

Chris,

The peak BPM during those workouts are around 178-185bpm. Most of what is done in these workouts are a mix of anarobic lifting weights, etc... and running between sets.

-Sean

Sean,

I'd like to race you in the bench.

20x220 (100kg).

Deal? :)

Frank I am in for the race to 220X20

Chris,

The peak BPM during those workouts are around 178-185bpm. Most of what is done in these workouts are a mix of anarobic lifting weights, etc... and running between sets.

-Sean

Sean - any idea what your max HR tops out at when you go flat out?

No clue, I guess whenever I have pushed myself to the point of vomiting I have not had the where withall to check my pulse. :blink I will check the next time, but I am guessing that it is some where near 205ish?

-Sean

I'm always afraid to look - afraid the darn thing will stop beating all together on me when I reach that point.

Slipped on the damn ice this weekend and threw my back out. Woke up the next day and it took a few minutes to get to the standing position, nerves firing and low back seized up to the point my teeth were locked shut and I had, well, the best festival of pain I can remember in a while. So training anything may be out this week, we will see. Lots of heat, lots of meds right now so I can get to school and teach. Stupid back!

-Sean

Slipped on the damn ice this weekend and threw my back out. Woke up the next day and it took a few minutes to get to the standing position, nerves firing and low back seized up to the point my teeth were locked shut and I had, well, the best festival of pain I can remember in a while. So training anything may be out this week, we will see. Lots of heat, lots of meds right now so I can get to school and teach. Stupid back!

-Sean

It's a good thing you are in such great shape or you could have really got hurt. Take it easy and heal up.

John "failure at the cave" Eaton

20x100kg? Can i join??

Dang - take care of it - mine laid me up for a while - finally went to the chiropracter - he fixed me up - I should have gone sooner.

That sucks Sean, the ice around here seems to ge so many people, I guess thats why we have so many chiropractors, enjoy them meds!

Must have overlooked it, sorry, but take care of your back! At least you have an excuse to properly rest and heal :D

-Sean

Hopefully its only a lumbago.

I had one a couple of weeks ago, tried to get up out of the bed and didn't make it so I just had to let me fall down again. OUCH!

Long hot bathes were helping a bit.

Besides this a lot of gymastics for the lower back, especially exercizes with a big ball (Pezzi ball called over here) were great.

Heal soon, man.

Thanks guys, I wake up each day and shout "get up and heal!" which has always helped me in the past. I should be up and running in a week or so, better everyday. Grippers are getting a lot more attention though so not all is lost.

-Sean