• smp76

• deaner

• Ivarboneless

• FrankyBoy

Not 120, 90.

Math happens.

Not 120, 90.

Math happens.

:tongue Yeah I was rushed and what else can I say, I teach History not math. But the good news is I caught the error before I broke my arm patting myself on the back.

Sean, this is slightly off-topic, but I had a couple questions about your teaching and bending/grip stuff with your students. Do you find the kids see you differently or have a different level of respect for you as a teacher after showing them some of this stuff and getting them introduced to it? Im going back to school to finish off my bachelors (math/physics) and plan to teach afterwards and Im surely going to do the same thing you do with them, I was just wondering if it has effected anything, teaching-wise.

Thanks!

Sean, this is slightly off-topic, but I had a couple questions about your teaching and bending/grip stuff with your students. Do you find the kids see you differently or have a different level of respect for you as a teacher after showing them some of this stuff and getting them introduced to it? Im going back to school to finish off my bachelors (math/physics) and plan to teach afterwards and Im surely going to do the same thing you do with them, I was just wondering if it has effected anything, teaching-wise.

Thanks!

Chuck,

I would have to say that my students do see me differently. I believe that it happens in multiple ways, some are intimidated, some awed, and some are just plain interested. I think that you need to have in your room not only items you can bend, lever, lift or tear but also a variety of items that the students can be successful with. In doing this you can bridge the gap with the students who intimidated or awed. Be humble when introducing it, relate to the students with stories of your failures and where you started out. It really is a great way to reach some students who do not have an interest in school academics. If you can connect with them on a human level then filling in the holes of academia will be a snap. When I started in the grip game as some here on the board remember I could not close the #1 or bend a 40d nail. All of the greats are were once where we are now, true some of these greats were here when they found hair under their arms but what the hell we were not all created equally but through continuous practice, correct instruction and motivation we can level the playing field.

Good luck with teaching man, it has been one of my most rewarding life experiences.

-Sean

Interesting log, Sean.

In bench my goal is pretty much the same: 20x220lb.

I'm first trying to push my 1RM to 300lb and then I'm focussing on the 20x220.

Maybe I should try that ladder thing too.

Interesting log, Sean.

In bench my goal is pretty much the same: 20x220lb.

I'm first trying to push my 1RM to 300lb and then I'm focussing on the 20x220.

Maybe I should try that ladder thing too.

Has worked well for me Franky. The super sets of Bench then Pull ups seem to compliment each other well.

-Sean

Bent today and had a crappy lift.

(1) 60d nail

(1) Bastard

(3) 5.75" Bastards

Lifting, felt sore and wanted to shake things up:

135X6

185X6

225X4

205 3-6X1 18 total reps

DBs

80X6X2

90X3X2

90X6

Pull ups (BW203+25lb vest) 6X3 total reps 18

Shoulder felt weak, forearm pain on the dorsal side near the elbow of my right arm. Going to hit contrast baths when I get home. Better do the dishes...

Grippers:

HG150X5 BH

HG250X5 BH

#2X5 BH

MMG1X1 <1/16" too much time since I hit the grippers

MMG2X3 SN BH

#2X3 OC RH

HG250X3 OC LH

5-2-06

DB Press (90lb DBs) 3-6X3 total reps: 54

Pull Ups (BW206 fatty) 5-9X1 6X3 total reps: 63

Grippers:

#1X1

HG1500X1

HG250X1

#2X1

MMG2X3 SN BH

#2X3 OC BH

Farmers Walk 110lbs each hand three basket ball courts; two times

Liking these farmers walks. Looking to get up to 175 by Late June.

-Sean

So are you thinking farmers walk in late June? That would be fun. There will be some top pros competing this year at the games, maybe see some impressive farmers walks. 206 isn't fat dude, I'm 225, you wanna throw down?

So are you thinking farmers walk in late June? That would be fun. There will be some top pros competing this year at the games, maybe see some impressive farmers walks. 206 isn't fat dude, I'm 225, you wanna throw down?

I was thinking about it. We will see.

Todays:

Rode my peddle bike to work, 13 miles

Farmers Walk 110lbs each hand, 2X75yards

140lbs each hand, 2x50 yards

Bench Press (205lbs) 3,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 total reps 57 I needed something different.

Pull Ups: NONE I will do them tomorrow.

Going to ride my peddle bike home now 13 miles.

-Sean

Keep up the good work Sean! :rock I like the bench press idea, I going to try it on my next bench day!

Keep up the good work Sean! :rock I like the bench press idea, I going to try it on my next bench day!

Thanks man. It seems to be doing something. Never been a Big Bencher so I am just pleased I can manage these small numbers. :D

-Sean

3 sets of 8

First set was with a 18lb chain around my neck. Then I got a huge migraine out of no where after the third set and instead of vomiting my way through it I went home. (pussy)

Grippers:

#1X1

#2X1

MMG1 replica X1 quick close and held for a few seconds just for the feel.

Put the grippers away.

-Sean

Been a crazy week, second to last week of school and all and today's workout was real short. I am the faculty speaker at my high school's graduation so I am a bit busy.

Bench:

135X6

185X6

205X8,6,6

Pull ups

(205 BW) 3X5

Grippers:

#1X1

#2X3

MMG1Replica X4 singles

HG300X2

-Gotta go.

Sean

Just a mix, felt off with out a good lunch, my diets sucked this last week and I am paying for it.

Bench:

135X6

185X5

210X3,4,5,3,4,5,3,4,4 total: 35 reps

185X8,8,6 total reps 24

Pull ups:

5,6,7,8,5,6,7,8,8 total reps 60

Two hand pinch 2.5"

100X3

110X3

120X3 chains

Sledge Levers

10lbX5,3,3 total reps 11

12lbsX1,1,1 3 total reps

Grippers:

#1X5 NSC

#2X3 NSC

MMG1X3 singles

Sean,

when you do those bench sets, are you doing the sets 'in a row' or do you distribute them over the day?

Whats your average pause between the sets?

Sorry, if I missed that info in your log.

Sean,

when you do those bench sets, are you doing the sets 'in a row' or do you distribute them over the day?

Whats your average pause between the sets?

Sorry, if I missed that info in your log.

Frank,

When I do the Pull Up/ Bench workout it takes about 35 minutes to do the following sets and reps:

Bench 3,4,5,6,3,4,5,6,3,4,5,6 go up 10lbs 3,3

Pull ups between Bench sets: 5,6,7,8,5,6,7,8,5,6,7,8,8 total reps 65

After each cycle I will take two minutes off i.e. 3,4,5,6 then 2min. rest then return to the start 3,4,5,6 and so on. Hope that all made sense.

-Sean

I have to admit I have been slacking in my workouts but now that I am finished with teaching this year I can refocus and begin the summer of Sean.

Did some grippers last night:

HG 150X6

HG 200X6

#2X3

MMG1X2 (one of the closes was an over crush for seven seconds)

MMG2X2 SN

Hoping to get back at it seriously Monday. I also hope to ride my pedal bike into school and lift there, thirteen miles each way. Which is nice.

-Sean

I've heard frisbie golf is good training too, you might wanna check it out, you have a course behind your house right?

I've heard frisbie golf is good training too, you might wanna check it out, you have a course behind your house right?

Smart ass! :tongue

Back on the horse and at a tubby 210lbs :yikes Boy do I need to get running...

Bench:

135X10

185X8

205X6,6,6,6,6 (These were done with a towel, my AC joints have been bugging me, and by no means is it from bending so it must be from bench ;) )

Total Reps 48

Pull ups:

6,7,8,9X3

Total Reps 90

Rotary cuff moves 4X12 each exercise

Military Press 3X12 Trying to get back into these, my bending felt great when I was moving good weight on military press.

Barbell Shrugs 3X8 (225lbs)

Overhead squats (needs work, a lot of work)

DB lunges 3X12 each leg (needs work)

Abs: 3X12 on the following: Incline situps, hanging knee raises, incline twists.

Going to go for a bike ride or run tonight for thirty minutes. If I ride I will make it 45 minutes.

Grippers:

HG150X5

HG300X3

#2X4 OC

MMG2X4 SN

OCs and SN are alternated. No bending today.

-Sean

6-14-06

Run to warm up

Rotary cuff/shoulder injury preventive stuff

Bench

135X10

185X8

210X6,6,6,6,6 (towel arms to 90 degree)

Total reps: 48

Pull ups (BW 208)

6,7,8,9 (30) total

8,8,8 Mr.Ts with 17.5lb chain "I pitty the fool!" at the begining of each set

DB Military Press 3X12

Abs: Incline situps (legs straight), Knee raises, Roman Chair kickouts: All 3X12

Gripper/Gripinator later tonight.

-Sean

6-15-6

Gripper:

HG150X6

HG200X3

#2X3

HG300 OC X4 (very pleased I can now over crush my HG300 for 9-10 seconds) Promising since I could not shut it when I first got it. Maybe it got weak at the sight of me :yikes

MMG2 SN X2

04' C#3 SN X2

TTK 20lbs BT 2X8

-Sean