• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• deaner

• Ivarboneless

• FrankyBoy

Thanks Ivarboneless

Friday:

Built a new hang board in the garage from finger tip pull ups and pseudo jug rock holds. Then wen to roll some Brazilian Jujitsu for two and a half hours. Now I feel like I got beat up and man am I looking forward to getting back into BJJ. I hope to get in once a week with the no gear Friday nights. Should be a great learning tool, just a big dumb animal right now, but I can hold onto a wrist like nobody's business :D

-Sean

Great log this. Enjoyable read.

Its working for you as well which is awesome!

Any idea what your max is for pullups now? You seem to be doing loooads of reps using the ladder system so it must be pretty high.

Great log this. Enjoyable read.

Its working for you as well which is awesome!

Any idea what your max is for pullups now? You seem to be doing loooads of reps using the ladder system so it must be pretty high.

Beard,

As far as my max pull ups I would have to say that fresh I should be able to get 20-24ish. I will have to test here next week and just see where I am at. I am still working on getting the finishing touches on my ceiling climbing wall. I am unwilling to buy manufactured holds so 2"X4" or 2"X6" boards and some holes cut and whallahh!!! poor man's climbing gym. I wanted to keep it on the ceiling to make it hard (no feet) and challenging so I threw in a few two finger holds, will have a three foot area for finger tip traverse and some eye bolts to hang various grip toys from. I will be finishing it today so I should have some pictures up tonight!

-Sean

Well I finished my ceiling mounted climbing boards. I think this is going to be a great way to get some core strength will trining the old hands a bit. Here is a short video of it.

ceiling mounted climbing boards

Maybe it will inspire some of you to use that garage ceiling for something other than dust collection. :tongue

-Sean

Thanks Don Chi. I think it will help the summer of Sean continue to be great!!!

Tonight Grippers:

They felt weak, my hands that is. Probably the monkeying around on the new ceiling boards. Oh well.

HG150X6

HG300 OC X3 RH #2 OC X3 LH

MMG1X1 closed

MMG2 SN X2 BH

Gripinator loaded with 65lbs (289lbs conversion table) X5 singles

-Sean

Well I finished my ceiling mounted climbing boards. I think this is going to be a great way to get some core strength will trining the old hands a bit. Here is a short video of it.

ceiling mounted climbing boards

Maybe it will inspire some of you to use that garage ceiling for something other than dust collection. :tongue

-Sean

Looks sweet sean. Given it a trial run yet?

Wish i had a space like that for training.

Still, got an £8,000,000 gym for £60 a year for me when i move to Southampton uni in september though :D

Wish you well with that Dave. That sounds like a nice gym.

Today:

Bench:

135X8

185X8

205 3-6X3 total 54 reps

Pull ups:

6-9X3 total reps 90

Formulator

3X10 5lbs reverse wrist curls

MIlitary Press 3X12

18 holes of golf, eight beers, 125 :yikes

Today:

Just got back from a three day float trip and got a call from a buddy who always is on the Highland Games Tug-O-War team and he needed another to help out. I took a shower kissed the wife good bye and said "good luck" to the World Cup teams who were playing on the tele. Went to the Games, our team took third in the Tug-O-War and then I on a whim signed up for the Farmers walk. I HAVE NOT TRAINED FOR THIS!!! :blink But I figured what the hell and I would get in the mix.

173lbs per hand and away I went. Now I was only hoping for a hundred feet and when I was looking around the group of guys competing I was hoping to hang. I went 175ft and I think that is okay for "off the couch" training. The winner was a guy from Anchorage, I will not count the Pro who was up for the games. The Anchorage guys, 6'6" at least 330lbs went 408ft a new state games record. He ran the first 200ft and I just drank my Scotich ale and wept. I need to train my legs more than my hands. For the first time I can say my grip felt good but a few wobbles on the old legs around 160ish made me loose my hold. Stupid legs. :angry:

Anyway. Not too bad of a day. Food for thought on the way to train before entering an event, well, training would be a start anyway you look at it.

-Sean

18 holes of golf, eight beers, 125 :yikes

Sounds like a fantastic handicap, the beer I mean. :tongue

Thanks Frank, I was not doing well on the course until beer six and then I was loose and not trying to crush the ball. I was doing much better on the back nine than anywhere else.

Today: 6-25-06

Grippers:

HG150X5 BH (NS)

HG200X5 BH (NS)

HG300X3 OC RH (MMS 7sec.)

#2X3 OC LH (MMS)

MMG2X3 SN BH (7-10 sec.)

TTK 2X12 15lbs BT

-Sean

Sounds like you are about as good at golf as I am. Wish I could have been at the games this year, who was the Anchorage guy that won the farmer's? Thats huge!

Sounds like you are about as good at golf as I am. Wish I could have been at the games this year, who was the Anchorage guy that won the farmer's? Thats huge!

A beast of a thirty year old. Jody Potoshisky? I have his contact number and information, he knows abo9ut bending so I am hoping to recruit another benders/strongman.

-Sean

Grand Jury duty. I told myself that I would ride my bicycle into Anchorage for the weeks I have Grand Jury and that I would lift weight afterward. This morning I woke up to rain and poor conditions. Then, as I stood in my garage and my gaze drifted from my truck to my bicycle I began to think about becoming soft and when exactly did I become a big pussy and let water kick my ass? I chose the bike with an exception, I threw it in the back of my truck and drove to the edge of the city where the school I teach and lift weights at is and then rode from there. I was glad and motivated with every cyclist I passed on the way. Rain. It is just water, when did I become soft?

Today:

Bicycle ride for a total of one hour and fourty-five minutes, which includes a thirty minute ride directly prior to my weight lifting today.

Bench Press: (shaking things up)

135X12

185X10

210: 3-6X1

DB press on the floor 65lb DBs: 6,6,10,12,12,12

Pull ups: Mr. Ts 2X8

Body weight pull ups 6-9X2

The following exercises were done without rest and supersetted:

Bent over rows: 100lbs 10,12,12

Over Head Squat 80lbs 10,10,10 Still getting the hang of this, will move up on Wednesday

Box Squat no belt Not worth mentioning the weight Pathetic, still embarassed 12,12,12

DO BB shrugs 210: 12,12,12

Seated incline DB curls (40) 8,8,8

Hanging Knee raises 12,12,12

Military DB press (strict slow) 12,12

Incline weighted twists 12,12

Formulator Both ways 12,12,12

Incline situps (10lbs) 12,12,12

That is it for today, feel great and tired. Need a lot of work on some of these exercises, but I did not want to rush in like a fool like I usually do.

-Sean

6-27-06

Bicycled 1.5" hours today then could not resist my new bending stock that arrived yesterday.

Bending:

(2) 60d nails

(1) Grade 8

(2) Hex Bastards

(1) Stainless Bastard, took it to 1/4" from legal in four minutes thirty seconds and then over the next six minutes got another 1/8" and still lost!!! Gazza was not kidding about the crush down. My longer bar (7") game is off. I am considering doing some volume with some 6.5" Hex and go for explosive bends. The stainless I noticed has a much greater memory than the Grade 5 counter part at the same thickness. At the last 1/4" I swore I had a spring in my hand!!! :yikes

Then I finished off with my scheduled gripper workout:

HG150X5 TNS BH

#2X1 TNS BH

MMG1X3 for singles PR RH (MMS)

HG300X1,1/8",1/8" which is a new PR (MMS)

Then to help my srush I chest crushed my MMG2 replica with inter locked fingers trying to focus on using oonly my palms and exploding into the end as if they were nail ends. I did five singles trying to make each one count like the last 1/4" of a challenging bend.

-Sean

Sean

Nice work on the Stainless Bastard,maybe the 2 hex bastards before took abit out of you for the Stainless.

How would you compare the kink of the hex and stainless for the same length.

Sean

Nice work on the Stainless Bastard,maybe the 2 hex bastards before took abit out of you for the Stainless.

How would you compare the kink of the hex and stainless for the same length.

Thanks Gazza,

I would compare the kink to be about the same for me at least but the crush down is springy and tough and boy when you get close you have to earn it. That bow it makes verses the "V" shape Eric has mentioned previously does make the crush down rough. I do not really think the two Hexs was the thing that took the wind out of my sails, I think I was tired from the previous days lift and my recent long Bike rides. Or the vagina I recently aquired. Please if there are ladies reading this I me no offense to the female of the species as I still believe you to be the more dangerous of the two.

-Sean

One hour of biking today, which included a thirty minute ride prior to my lifting. Today's lifts were sucking and I was finding it hard to get motivated. Felt weak and do not think I am eating enough with the new cardio addition of one to two hour bicycle rides a day.

Did a max set of pull ups: 21, then 12,10, 8 (Mr.Ts)

Floor bench experiment. Basically layed on the floor with the bar loaded on small plyo boxes and did slow three seconds down and one second up reps where my arms only reached ninety degrees and the hit the floor.

135X12, 185X12,10,10,10

Then I did: BB shrugs, Military DB press, DB curls, Seated cable rows, Box Squats, and some ab stuff. Felt weak and had zero energy. The only thing I felt okay about was the pull up max and my 235lb Shrugs from the floor 3X12 DO and even that is weak sauce. I am going to get some beer and forget this whole mess! :rock

-Sean

Did a max set of pull ups: 21, then 12,10, 8 (Mr.Ts)

21 is pretty strong man, excellent work.

Thanks man. My personal best is 26 when I was in the Marine Corps. But that was way back when.

On another note I think you will be interested in I am adding new climbing related/grip/pull ups implements to my garage. Currently I have some 2" PVC on thin rope that I do pul ups on, some baseballs also on rope, and can clip my ice axes into the ceiling. So, what I am going to do is place eye screws in my garage ceiling on every truss and make an implements jungle gym. I will be sure to make a video of it when I get a chance.

-Sean

On another note I think you will be interested in I am adding new climbing related/grip/pull ups implements to my garage. Currently I have some 2" PVC on thin rope that I do pul ups on, some baseballs also on rope, and can clip my ice axes into the ceiling. So, what I am going to do is place eye screws in my garage ceiling on every truss and make an implements jungle gym. I will be sure to make a video of it when I get a chance.

DUDE YOU HAVE ONE SWEET SETUP!!

I thought I was doing good with a pair of pliers, but you've got everything from baseballs to ice axes!

I look forward to the final product. That ought to be some fun stuff!

I started bending, and the stuff that you are bending is crazy :bow

DUDE YOU HAVE ONE SWEET SETUP!!

I thought I was doing good with a pair of pliers, but you've got everything from baseballs to ice axes!

I look forward to the final product. That ought to be some fun stuff!

I started bending, and the stuff that you are bending is crazy :bow

Thanks man. Just takes time and effort.