• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

• unseenbeat

• don chi

Do you use a set?

I did use a set, if by set you mean help the hand to get in position with the other.

Yes, most people use a Mash Monster set, (handles no closer than parallel).

Credit Card Set is the Ironmind set. (Credit card width between handles)

ME Lower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadlift-

135lbsx8

185lbsx3

205lbsx3 (still easy, could have been for 5-7 reps)

225lbsx1 (maybe a triple was possible here)

245x1

265x0 (GOT IT OFF THE FLOOR!!! Couldn't get it more than 2 inches though.....)

260x0 (same issue as in 265lbs)

Rack Pulls-for confidence more than anything. (below knees)

275x1

295x1 PR

I felt that if I were fresh, I could have done 320+.

ATG squats-for ROM

barx10

barx10

(didn't push it farther, I should have though.....)

Power clean 3x5 65lbs (75lbs next week)

Clean pull w/explosive shrug-

95lbsx8

135lbs (in the form of 25lbs and 2 10's for the extra ROM) x5xdoubles

Leg Raises 2x20

I am happy that 265 left the ground even though I did not get it. It is clear that my power off the floor has increased and I need to push for the next 3 weeks to be back to where I was. I am going to introduce some swimming and sprints (high impact for these, next week). My first swimming session will be tomorrow in the form of one lap at high intensity and a slower "rest" lap. I am also going to be much more careful about reaching failure on this WSB system.

BTW, I was fooling around with my trainer and....

I CLOSED THE THING WITH MY LEFT HAND!!!

Once I am consistent with the trainer, it will be time to start work on the #1

Edited by LiftingKid

ME Lower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadlift-

135lbsx8

185lbsx3

245x1

275x1

295x1 PR

ATG squats-for ROM

barx10

barx10

95lbsx8

Leg Raises 2x20

I am happy that 265 left the ground even though I did not get it. It is clear that my power off the floor has increased and I need to push for the next 3 weeks to be back to where I was. I am going to introduce some swimming and sprints (high impact for these, next week). My first swimming session will be tomorrow in the form of one lap at high intensity and a slower "rest" lap. I am also going to be much more careful about reaching failure on this WSB system.

Hell ya man. How long have you been training the powerlifts, anyway?

ME Lower

Deadlift-

135lbsx8

185lbsx3

245x1

275x1

295x1 PR

ATG squats-for ROM

barx10

barx10

95lbsx8

Leg Raises 2x20

Hell ya man. How long have you been training the powerlifts, anyway?

I have been training in powerlifting for about 6 months, all for this upcoming meet. There was a point where I could pull 255lbs for 5 reps I want to be back there in another 2 months. I still think that 315 is within my grasp as long as my posterior chain strengthens, I know I could lockout much more, it's getting that weight off the floor. Anyway, I am going swimming in a few hours, I will post how it goes.

Swimming-

5 laps: around .125 miles

Rest 5 min

10 laps: 1/4 of a mile

This was exhausting. My cardiovascular system has not been worked like this in a while. My hip felt as though it was getting a good workout and my shoulders are sore as hell as I write this.In addition, those clean pulls fried my traps like nothing else has.

How have you gone about recieving instruction in the lifts, bro? Has anyone taught you the proper form for a power clean? While I'm not training them heavy at the moment, when I was, it took me nine weeks to go from about 145, to 225. I deadlifted 365 pounds at about 145 BW, without deadlifting, simply through power clean. For back strength, oly lifts are the key. Right now, I'm training with more emphasis on the snatch, I can already see improvements on my coordination and speed.

How have you gone about recieving instruction in the lifts, bro? Has anyone taught you the proper form for a power clean? While I'm not training them heavy at the moment, when I was, it took me nine weeks to go from about 145, to 225. I deadlifted 365 pounds at about 145 BW, without deadlifting, simply through power clean. For back strength, oly lifts are the key. Right now, I'm training with more emphasis on the snatch, I can already see improvements on my coordination and speed.

No one has taught me to power clean. I have researched on websites like hatchdome.com (I think that's what it is) and then i read instructionals. I can get a vid up for you sometime if you want for review. Has the clean helped you off the floor?

Keep me updated on your coc stamping! I just bought a coc#2 with no new stamping and I was wondering what you would get!

Do you have the new stamping on your grippers?

Keep me updated on your coc stamping! I just bought a coc#2 with no new stamping and I was wondering what you would get!

My trainer does. It has COC written above the "T" and three dimples on each side of the "T". The #1 and #2 seem to have the old stamps though.

My trainer does. It has COC written above the "T" and three dimples on each side of the "T". The #1 and #2 seem to have the old stamps though.

Thanks for the info! :rock

No one has taught me to power clean. I have researched on websites like hatchdome.com (I think that's what it is) and then i read instructionals. I can get a vid up for you sometime if you want for review. Has the clean helped you off the floor?

Note that i'm not practicing that lift seriously right now, but yes, I had a lot of speed off the floor, and there was no sticking point for any of my lifts, though like I said, I did not really work on the deadlift hard, I'd just recieved a little instruction on the deadlift from the high school football coach. I know that today when I tested my deadlift, I was very slow off the ground, but when it hit my knees, it just shot up. I think this is from my emphasis on the snatch as of late.

ME Upper

Bench Press-

barx10

85lbsx8

95lbsx6

105lbsx3

115lbsx3

125lbsx1

130lbsx1 (YAY!!! Strong all the way through, including my old sticking point)

Close Grip Bench-

95lbsx3x6

DB Row-

60lbsx3x10

60lbsx1x6

Ab Work + Prehab

The 130lb bench really set the pace for the entire workout. I was worried about how I'd do in that the swimming left my triceps and shoulders. Something was obviously going for me today. The only thing I am not happy about is the DB rows. I felt that I am kinda weak with these (as all rows) but improvement will be seen. I am hoping that this Wednesday I will get my first true squat workout done (I usually end up stopping). Then I will procede with speed pulls (vid at 225lbs as part of the heavy singles so you can see my form) and power cleans.

Grip-

25lb Block Weight Work

clean+press

passes behind back

ME Upper

Bench Press-

barx10

85lbsx8

95lbsx6

105lbsx3

115lbsx3

125lbsx1

130lbsx1 (YAY!!! Strong all the way through, including my old sticking point)

Close Grip Bench-

95lbsx3x6

DB Row-

60lbsx3x10

60lbsx1x6

Ab Work + Prehab

The 130lb bench really set the pace for the entire workout. I was worried about how I'd do in that the swimming left my triceps and shoulders. Something was obviously going for me today. The only thing I am not happy about is the DB rows. I felt that I am kinda weak with these (as all rows) but improvement will be seen. I am hoping that this Wednesday I will get my first true squat workout done (I usually end up stopping). Then I will procede with speed pulls (vid at 225lbs as part of the heavy singles so you can see my form) and power cleans.

Grip-

25lb Block Weight Work

clean+press

passes behind back

Nice workout.

Nice work on that bench press, LiftingKid. :rock

DE Lower

Power cleans-

75lbsx3x5

Everything was explosive + strong here. I will definetly try for 80-85lbs on Saturday for power cleans.

ATG squats-

barx10

85lbsx6

105lbsx4

115lbsx1

These were all easy squats. I'm just trying not to push the envelope too much for risk of injury and setting myself back 4+ weeks. I will definetly try for 125+ on the ATG squat for Saturday, ultimatley, I see my 1RM at about 170.

Deadlifts-

135lbsx10x1 speed pulls

185lbsx5

205lbsx3

225lbsx2

235lbsx1 *vid*

Decided to do something other than just singles when going on the heavier weights.

Anyway, I will do some ab work and post a grip workout a bit later.....

DE Lower

Power cleans-

75lbsx3x5

Everything was explosive + strong here. I will definetly try for 80-85lbs on Saturday for power cleans.

ATG squats-

barx10

85lbsx6

105lbsx4

115lbsx1

These were all easy squats. I'm just trying not to push the envelope too much for risk of injury and setting myself back 4+ weeks. I will definetly try for 125+ on the ATG squat for Saturday, ultimatley, I see my 1RM at about 170.

Deadlifts-

135lbsx10x1 speed pulls

185lbsx5

205lbsx3

225lbsx2

235lbsx1 *vid*

Decided to do something other than just singles when going on the heavier weights.

Last nights grip workout:

Bending-

Warm-up on easy stock

prekinked TT from harder bucket-BENT PR!!!

TT-failed

8" 1/4" HRS-failed

Finger extensor work-

60 reps with a rubber band per hand.

DE Upper

Bench Press-

75lbsx8x3

Heavy singles

105x1

115x1

130x1. Nice and consistent. Pretty fast in coming up too!

Incline BB bench-

85lbsx3x10

Lateral Raises-

15lbsx3x10

15lbsx1x8

ME Lower

Deadlift-

135lbsx10

185lbsx5

205lbsx3

225lbsx2 (very loose belt for feel, chalk)

240x1

260x1 (relatively tight belt 5th or 6th notch where 7 is the max for me)

260 felt great! It was steady although it was slightly slower for the first 2 inches. I decided not to go for 270lbs only because I did not want to blow all my energy out at that point mentally and physically.

ATG squats-

barx10

95lbsx4

95lbsx4

105x3

115x3

125x1

I believe that these squats have done the most for my rehab. 125 was easy and I plan to work up to 135lbs on Wednesday.

Power clean-

80lbsx3

85lbsx2x3

Clean Pulls-

155lbsx3x3

Core and prehab work

This workout gave me a boost mentally above all others in these past few weeks. I am confident that I could have pulled 270lbs today and I see myself putting on 30lbs to my dead for the meet. I have grip work to do later and I will post that up. I was also going to swim tomorrow but I may omit that or change it to today. What do you think? Monday I am going for a 135lb bench and if I get that then I will try for 140lbs.

ME Lower

Deadlift-

135lbsx10

185lbsx5

205lbsx3

225lbsx2 (very loose belt for feel, chalk)

240x1

260x1 (relatively tight belt 5th or 6th notch where 7 is the max for me)

260 felt great! It was steady although it was slightly slower for the first 2 inches. I decided not to go for 270lbs only because I did not want to blow all my energy out at that point mentally and physically.

ATG squats-

barx10

95lbsx4

95lbsx4

105x3

115x3

125x1

I believe that these squats have done the most for my rehab. 125 was easy and I plan to work up to 135lbs on Wednesday.

Power clean-

80lbsx3

85lbsx2x3

Clean Pulls-

155lbsx3x3

Core and prehab work

This workout gave me a boost mentally above all others in these past few weeks. I am confident that I could have pulled 270lbs today and I see myself putting on 30lbs to my dead for the meet. I have grip work to do later and I will post that up. I was also going to swim tomorrow but I may omit that or change it to today. What do you think? Monday I am going for a 135lb bench and if I get that then I will try for 140lbs.

Nice workout, Liftingkid! :rock

Those deads sounded especially strong. Great work.

BTW, forgot to log the rack pulls

Rack pulls-

275x1

300x1 (most weight I have ever had in my hands +5lb PR)

Grip work:

CoC Trainer-

Right hand (reps)

1 (held it for a good 4 seconds)

Left

I got within a .25in of closing it here. I think that the ME workout tired my grip.

8lb sledge levering-

to the front 2x5

pronation 1x5

supination 1x5

to the back 1x10