Bucket O' Nails: My Journey To The 60d And Beyond

LiftingKid

Bending-

TTx3 BENT (PR for Volume)

I decided not to do a full fledged grip workout today because I have an ME lower body workout at the gym tonight. However, when I bend the day after a workout I never seem to perform as well, so I'll just do both. How much do Grade 2 Bolts cost a piece?

You can pick up a box of five or six inch G2s at most hardware stores for 20 dollars (and a box is 50 or 100). Try to by in bulk to lower the cost. I bought a 50lb box of 60d common nails for 50 dollars and it just lasts and last. I have been working on that box for five months now and it is still half full, or is that half empty?

-Sean

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

• unseenbeat

• don chi

Bending-

TTx3 BENT (PR for Volume)

I decided not to do a full fledged grip workout today because I have an ME lower body workout at the gym tonight. However, when I bend the day after a workout I never seem to perform as well, so I'll just do both. How much do Grade 2 Bolts cost a piece?

You can pick up a box of five or six inch G2s at most hardware stores for 20 dollars (and a box is 50 or 100). Try to by in bulk to lower the cost. I bought a 50lb box of 60d common nails for 50 dollars and it just lasts and last. I have been working on that box for five months now and it is still half full, or is that half empty?

-Sean

I am going to make a run out to Lowe's sometime today or tomorrow so I will definetly take your suggestion and buy in bulk. I don't have the money for both the ties and the G2's, Which would you guys reccomend?

5" grade 2s.

5" grade 2s.

5" Grade 2's !!!!! Will I even be able to bend them? How about the 6" ones?

Buy the 6" ones, and once you are killing those, cut them down to 5".

Then you can use the bolt cutters, which is always fun.

They didn't have a box of G2 bolts at Lowe's...... so I just got 5 individual ones to try them out. I also purchased a half of a box of TT's. This should all last me awhile, then I can move on to some regular 1/4" stock that I have.

Just ripped another phone book except with the Grip n Rip style on Clay's website. Will post a full grip workout later. I plan to bend at least 3 TT's and go through some newspaper in addition to levering +block weight work.

I decided not to bend as I noticed a sizable cut on my thumb pad from bending. It was enough that if I tried to bend, it would worsen and would prevent me from putting the force I'd like on the TT's. Instead, I did some phone book tearing!

Phone Book Tearing- Grip n' Rip Style

1" Local Phone book

2" SBC Greater Hartford Area Phone book (PR!!!)

10 25lb block weight clean+presses per hand ( I am badly in need of cutting up my 65lb dumbbell......)

8lb Sledge levering-

In all directions except to the back (protecting the thumb today)

Random tears of newspaper and remnants of phone books :)

I can't wait for my COC grippers to come in, I ordered the trainer, #1, and #2. It has already been two days so I hope I get it in time for Sunday's grip workout (doubt it, more like Tuesday, but I can hope). I plan to do grippers on Thursdays and Sundays while having Tuesday exclusive to bending. I may also do some bending on Sunday's too.

Did your grippers arrive?

Just ripped another phone book except with the Grip n Rip style on Clay's website. Will post a full grip workout later. I plan to bend at least 3 TT's and go through some newspaper in addition to levering +block weight work.

I decided not to bend as I noticed a sizable cut on my thumb pad from bending. It was enough that if I tried to bend, it would worsen and would prevent me from putting the force I'd like on the TT's. Instead, I did some phone book tearing!

Phone Book Tearing- Grip n' Rip Style

1" Local Phone book

2" SBC Greater Hartford Area Phone book (PR!!!)

10 25lb block weight clean+presses per hand ( I am badly in need of cutting up my 65lb dumbbell......)

8lb Sledge levering-

In all directions except to the back (protecting the thumb today)

Random tears of newspaper and remnants of phone books :)

I can't wait for my COC grippers to come in, I ordered the trainer, #1, and #2. It has already been two days so I hope I get it in time for Sunday's grip workout (doubt it, more like Tuesday, but I can hope). I plan to do grippers on Thursdays and Sundays while having Tuesday exclusive to bending. I may also do some bending on Sunday's too.

Did your grippers arrive?

Nope :(. I am guessing that they will come in on Monday.........This waiting is just killing me! I decided that I am going to leave the CoC #2 unopenned to train with the other 2 grippers. Then, I can try and close it on the first try.

Keep me updated on your coc stamping! I just bought a coc#2 with no new stamping and I was wondering what you would get!

I decided that I am going to leave the CoC #2 unopenned to train with the other 2 grippers. Then, I can try and close it on the first try.

Why are you so concerned that you close it on your first try?

I decided that I am going to leave the CoC #2 unopenned to train with the other 2 grippers. Then, I can try and close it on the first try.

Why are you so concerned that you close it on your first try?

It's not concern. Just a fun thing to do. I figure that if I did it would be mental confidence for myself.

I see. I could not possibly contain my curiousity with a new #2 on my desk, I had it opened immediately to see how strong it really was.

I was humbled and impressed.

Lol, same here, tho the last time I bought one, a couple weeks ago, I already had the experience of my old one, and could close it.

I see. I could not possibly contain my curiousity with a new #2 on my desk, I had it opened immediately to see how strong it really was.

I was humbled and impressed.

I have to resist the urge to do that for at least 2-3 weeks. I feel like a small child in a candy store! At the Stronger Than All II competition I know the Diesel Crew will have a grip booth. That is when I will humble myself trying to close the #3 < < .

This new box of TT's are much harder to bend that the last batch of TT's I had. For some reason, I can barely put a kink in them. Anyway, I did bend a g2 bolt today, if I get my grippers in today I will work with them.

Alright, just searched for the grippers shipping status via the UPS tracking no....... It is still in CA and scheduled to arrive Wednesday :(. Figures, how can I get a good grip workout done tonight.

Alright, just searched for the grippers shipping status via the UPS tracking no....... It is still in CA and scheduled to arrive Wednesday :(. Figures, how can I get a good grip workout done tonight.

My package came today. :cool

My package came today. :cool

I HATE YOU!!!

I am still waiting for mine. If It doesn't come in during the next 30 min..... I will have enough anger to close that #2 right now :)

I trust tracked the grippers again, they are at the local distribution center :rock

I should have them today. However, I will not work with them until after my regular workout. I am doing some speed deads with heavy singles up to 275. I can't afford for my grip to be spent.

So far....

Trainer-

10 attempts at closes per hand (got within .25-1/2 of an inch)

3 negatives per hand

25lb block weight-

clean + press triple per hand

Deadlift (4 fingers) triple per hand

1" phonebook-torn

I am taking a quick rest and then I will attempt a phonebook at 2.25in. From there, I will do some block weight curls and levering.

Couldn't get the phone book past the initial tear :(

25lb block weight curls-

4x5 (2 sets per hand)

Sledge Levering-

to the front

1x5

1x5

1x4

1x4

Pronation and Supination

2x5 (for each movement)

The trainer was much harder than I had originally thought. I believe that it will keep me occupied for at least 3-4 weeks. Then, I can have a go at the #1. Something about this workout made it harder than all the others, but, I also feel that I got the most accomplished. Any ideas as to what I can do to help my gripper strength?

Trainer-

Oh you are going to laugh at this in a couple months, believe me.

Trainer-

Oh you are going to laugh at this in a couple months, believe me.

I hope so. I am actually making more attempts to close the trainer and I am getting even closer.