Ronnie's Grip Log

supermagnamon

Workout

4 sets- Until Failure- IM Red Bands

Comments:

I've been typing for about 10 hours. I was doing this to prevent getting carpal tunnel syndrome and also for muscle balance.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supermagnamon

• Left Side

• LiftingKid

• FatBoy

Barbell Isometrics Hold

Warm-up

1 set- 10 seconds hold- 405lbs DO Grip

Workout

1 set- 10 seconds hold- 495lbs

1 set- 10 seconds hold- 585lbs

1 set- 10 seconds hold- 675lbs

1 set- 10 seconds hold- 765lbs

No Comments

• 2 weeks later...
Order of Events:

COC's (timed)/ Vert/ DOH Axle DL/ 2H Pinch/ WristRoll/ Block/ PhatAssDB/ Hub/ RT/ DLHold 500lbs (timed)

250+ Class

1. Ronnie Castro 3671pts #2-12.94/ 266/ 340/ -180-/ 13.75/ 58.0/ 82/ -40.5-/ 167/ 23.72 (zero in 2 events)

Workout

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie are you still grip training or are you working on your powerlifting only. Haven't seen any posts lately.

Warm up

2 sets- 20 reps- IM Trainer

Workout

10 sets- 1 rep- BBGM Negatives

5 sets- 10 reps- Pony Clamps/ Dynamic Thumb Exercise with Rubber Bands

No Comments

Ronnie are you still grip training or are you working on your powerlifting only. Haven't seen any posts lately.

I'm doing grip training sparingly and at work only. I'm mainly concentrating on powerlifting. I've taken the time off, so I can heal up my mind, body and soul for training. Since I dropped the bar doing squats at the last meet and bombing out of the powerlifting meet, I wanted to re-evaluate my training and give myself a break from competitions and training. I feel re-energized and ready to tackle my goals for the next meet. Thanks for asking, Bill.

- Ronnie

I'm doing grip training sparingly and at work only. I'm mainly concentrating on powerlifting. I've taken the time off, so I can heal up my mind, body and soul for training. Since I dropped the bar doing squats at the last meet and bombing out of the powerlifting meet, I wanted to re-evaluate my training and give myself a break from competitions and training. I feel re-energized and ready to tackle my goals for the next meet. Thanks for asking, Bill.

- Ronnie

Man you dropped the bar while squatting, are you alright? Did you get hurt? I hope not. When I was still powerlifting three contest a year was about my max. If I pushed my self for more I always got hurt and that always meant more time off and less time training. When I tried to do 4 to 5 contests a year I was always training a about 85-100% of my max and never took any time off to rest. That type of training lead me to a lot of injuries and not very many PR's. Good luck with your training and keep your chin-up.

- Ronnie

Man you dropped the bar while squatting, are you alright? Did you get hurt? I hope not. When I was still powerlifting three contest a year was about my max. If I pushed my self for more I always got hurt and that always meant more time off and less time training. When I tried to do 4 to 5 contests a year I was always training a about 85-100% of my max and never took any time off to rest. That type of training lead me to a lot of injuries and not very many PR's. Good luck with your training and keep your chin-up.

I'm alright. I did get hurt, but it was psychological, though. I had a hard time concentrating for the rest of the meet after that lift. Thanks, Bill, for reading my workout log and commenting. I'm a lot stronger now, then the last meet and my upper back should handle the max squats. I'm still working on the my mental game, so I can block out on what happen on the last meet. The next meet, I know that I'm physically and emotionally prepared, since I'm more rested now. I just got to make sure that I'm mentally prepared for anything this time around. After the last meet, I learned on not to take the mental game for granted. A common rookie mistake that should've not happened.