2 sets- IM T- 10 reps

Workout

10 sets- 1 rep- BBGM Negatives

5 sets- 10 reps- 32.5lb One Hand Formulator Supinated Wrist Curls

5 sets- 20 reps- 32.5lb Formulator Pronated Wrist Curls

5 sets- 10 reps- Pony Clamps/ Dynamic Thumb Exercise + Rubber Bands

4 sets- Until Failure- IM Red Bands

Comments:

I'm working from 7PM- 7AM tonight. I haven't done this type of workout at work in a while. I felt that the workout was okay. Next time on the Formulator, I should put more weight.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supermagnamon

• Left Side

• LiftingKid

• FatBoy

Warm-Up

2 sets- IM T- 20 reps

Workout

Comments:

I'm working from 7PM- 7AM tonight. I felt tired because I started at 4:30AM. I did the workout, because work was slow and I wanted to take the opportunity to progress on my grip strength.

Any progress on that #3?

I just started doing grippers again after I stopped a couple of months ago, so I can work on my support grip for deadlifting. I think that I'm actually stronger now on the grippers, since I'm like fresh on them now.

Warm-Up

20 reps for 2 sets on each hand- Snow ball crushes

Workout

No Comments

I've never seen you do anything but negatives with grippers, why's that?

I was told by my friend that has a stronger grip than me, that you don't really get that much stronger by closing grippers that you can close, but by trying to close tougher grippers that you can't close. It goes for the same principles when trying to get stronger overall.

A muscle will only strengthen when forced to operate beyond its customary intensity (overload). Overload can be progressed by increasing the:

(1) Resistance e.g. adding more weight.

(2) Number of repetitions with a particular weight.

(3) Number of sets of the exercise.

(4) Intensity, i.e. reducing the recovery periods.

http://www.netfit.co.uk/wkstr.htm

http://www.houstontexans.com/fitness/news_....php?PRKey=1581

Cool. I've never used them myself, don't like them and am getting along fine without them.

But if it works, do it!

Warm-Up

1 set- 1 min for each hand- Powerball

2 sets- 20 reps- IM T

Workout

10 sets- 1 rep- BBSM+ Negatives

Comments:

I worked from 7PM- 7AM tonight. Work is still slow, so I put in a little grip workout again. Workout was okay. I tried I should of gone with the BBGM.

Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit

Warm-Up

1 set- 2 reps- 345lbs DO Grip Straps Down

1 set- 2 reps- 405lbs Straps Down

1 set- 1 rep- 495lbs Straps Down

Workout

1 set- 1 rep- 545lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 605lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 635lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 655lbs

Rack Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit with Straps Down and use Harbinger Straps

Workout

1 set- 1 rep- 585lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 675lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 725lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 745lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 765lbs

Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit with Straps Down for Speed. 30 seconds rests between sets.

Workout

5 sets- 3 reps- 425lbs

Smith Machine Shrugs

Workout

4 sets- 10 reps- 520lbs with Straps

Cable Rows

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 140lbs

Workout

3 sets- 8 reps- 300lbs

Comments:

No Comments

Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit

Warm-Up

1 set- 2 reps- 345lbs DO Grip Straps Down

1 set- 2 reps- 405lbs Straps Down

1 set- 1 rep- 495lbs Straps Down

Workout

1 set- 1 rep- 545lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 605lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 635lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 655lbs

Rack Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit with Straps Down and use Harbinger Straps

Workout

1 set- 1 rep- 585lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 675lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 725lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 745lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 765lbs

Deadlifts with METAL PRO Deadlift Suit with Straps Down for Speed. 30 seconds rests between sets.

Workout

5 sets- 3 reps- 425lbs

Smith Machine Shrugs

Workout

4 sets- 10 reps- 520lbs with Straps

Cable Rows

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 140lbs

Workout

3 sets- 8 reps- 300lbs

Comments:

No Comments

765lb rack pull!!!!!!! WOW :blink When is your meet?

This Saturday. Actually, I could of pulled more if I was fresh, since I did them after some heavy deadlifts.

This Saturday. Actually, I could of pulled more if I was fresh, since I did them after some heavy deadlifts.

Well, that answers my question as to if I can train heavy on a Monday (or Tuesday) before a Saturday meet! Do you deadlift conventionally with the suit?

Well, that answers my question as to if I can train heavy on a Monday (or Tuesday) before a Saturday meet! Do you deadlift conventionally with the suit?

Yes. I deadlift conventionally with the suit, since it's a deadlift suit. If I were to do the sumo deadlift, then I would use a squat suit.

Yes. I deadlift conventionally with the suit, since it's a deadlift suit. If I were to do the sumo deadlift, then I would use a squat suit.

That's interesting....Whenever I use my Inzer DL suit for conventional I always feel thrown off over the bar......thanks for the info!

That's interesting....Whenever I use my Inzer DL suit for conventional I always feel thrown off over the bar......thanks for the info!

No prob. If you want to get the hang of the suit, then you should first start deadlifting with it when the weight is raised higher from the ground. then u can make your adjustments, then when you start lowering the weight to the ground, then you would be able to adjust better and lift better with the suit. that's how i was able to adjust properly with the metal suit.

Warm-Up

2 sets- Snowball Crushes- 20 reps

Workout

4 sets- 20 reps- 52.5lb Formulator Supinated Wrist Curls

4 sets- 20 reps- 37.5lb Formulator Pronated Wrist Curls

5 sets- 10 reps- 15.lbs on The Squeezer

No Comments

Warm-Up

1 set- 1 min for each hand- Powerball

2 sets- 10 reps- IM T TNS

Workout

5 sets- Until Failure- IM Red Bands

Comments:

I worked from 7PM- 7AM tonight. Work is still slow, so I did a little grip workout again. My grip is getting stronger and I am starting to think that I might not need straps for rack pulls anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Warm up

20 reps for 2 sets on each hand- Snow ball crushes

Workout

5 sets- 10 reps- Pony Clamps/ Dynamic Thumb Exercise with Rubber Bands

5 sets- Until Failure- IM Red Bands

No Comments

• 2 weeks later...

I did some thick bar work and dynamic thumb work on Saturday and Sunday. I did some RT and Apollon Axle Stiff-Legged Deadlifts. Both were btw.

Workout

5 sets- 1 rep and hold for 10 seconds- Deadlift Pinch 42.5lb Blob + 10lbs of Platemates

No Comments

Weaknesses

Everytime I progress in anything that I do, I always analyze my strengths and weaknesses. It is always hard to admit to oneself when you are weak at something and try to make that a strength. I'll admit, that I have plenty of weaknesses. I am always working on my strengths, though.

Self-analyzing can be so bias. I must admit that and I also must admit that my ego gets in my way. It is always tough knowing when you are going to struggle at something you know that you are not good at. Even at my level and my experience, I sometimes forget these all-so basic principles for just in athletic training, but also for life.

At the 24 Hour Fitness gym, I always worked on my strengths during the day, afternoon or at night. I always worked on my weaknesses early in the morning, in which no one was in the gym. I was always wanting to show off all the time when I workout.

When the time came knowing that I have to work on my weaknesses during busy hours at the gym, I knew right there and then that I have to face my fears and check my ego. I was fortunate enough to have people help me in making them my strengths. Even though I was struggling really hard, I made substantial gains. I also made a lot of friends and built strong friendships along the way. I was very happy that I made that decision.

I sometimes forget that I'm only strong as my weakest link. Knowingly that I didn't do this in my own, made the progress so special. It took a collective effort and courage to make me better at what I do.

I'm very humble for those experiences. It definitely made me a better person and I felt that I learned a lot from it. I was very fortunate to share those experiences with a lot of people.

I would always tell people this, after going through this experience, "Do you know how weak you really are, " because if they know that, they definitely know how strong they are. Now, I know how strong I am and how strong that I really can be.

Well said Ronnie. The hardest thing is to truly and honestly evaluate yourself. You seem to have done it well. I always remember the story about Arnold being ashamed of his weak calves. Instead of hiding them he cut his sweats off at the knees so everyone could see. We all know how that worked out. Anyhow, it appears you have gotten way stronger than your muscles ever could. Congrats!

Keith

Thanks for your comment Keith. I really appreciate it man.

Nice story Ronnnie! I recongnize myself in it