Left Side's Training

Left Side

Progress continues steadily on the G8's. I have met my goal of five, now it's time to focus more on 7" bars, in preparation for the red.

Probably have to cut down some 10" spirals or something, as 5/16 HRS is too easy, and I currently have nothing else to work with.

Progress is sweet.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left Side

• Muscle Turtle

• Number Ten Ox

• unseenbeat

If your kink is weak and you crush is strong, what does that tell ya?

stop bending nails all the way, do a mad workout with Spikes and ONLY KINK them. Kink for volume, next week when I come home, youll be a red bender.

Thumb and hand is messed up, tried to pick somethign up 4.5 inches and ripped my thumb to crap.

Not to get off topic of Lefty's workout log, but I like the Muscle Turtles style. It's no good to show up weak and start making excuses, you need to start waaaay in advance. When he shows up ragged looking, nursing a bottle of Robitusin and rattling a lonely ibuprofin around in a 1000 ct jar saying "man, these bottles don't go as far as they used to, do they..." now since he has already been talking up his sickness it won't be as shocking when he can't perform...

I have never known Malcolm to rise to anything but his best come challenge day, and this will be no exception, no matter how hard he tries to make me think he'll be ill and off form.

Mal I know all about that 4.5" crap, unless your hands are massive it will shred your thumb webbing like a potato peeler.

How did the tests go? And when will you be showing up?

there is no such thing as me underperforming...

I ripped up a 435 squat with pneuomia back in the day, sickness doesnt mean anything..... dont think Ill underperform, dont give yourself that much credit!!! Ill show up and ill SHOW UP!!!

There will be no bending of the FBBC stock because I am simply just not strong enough for it just yet... But as for a good all around workout where myself and LS will hit pr's, ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!

My last exam was HELL. It was sooo brutal man, I dont know if I passed it honestly. That class is just rough. Everything else went very well though.

Im still honestly not sure when Ill be showing up. I gots me a date tonight, then tomorrow night is slosh fest, so Im thinking sometime around the middle of the week. Dont you worry my freind, well get a workout in.. Im HOPING to see you on Wednesday or Thursday?? Hows that sound? Still in school on thurs?

School is on till Friday, and by Thursday all the losers with real lives will be out getting ready for the prom, so the gym should be empty and the weight room free. Anytime is good, just let me know and don't leave it till Friday.

Too bad about that exam. Want to hear a funny story about high school? Zegil gave us a review sheet for chem, then dissapears for a couple days. Comes back, gives us a unit test, and it's almost word for word the same as the review sheet. I'm predicting a class average of 100%... The kids all wish Balfe's class was like that.

Have fun with your date and slosh fest.

Blimey I've been a fool. For the first time today I listen to reason and use my grippers during weigtlifting, deadlifts to be exact. This makes your hands much stronger, the SuperMaster was a piece of cake.

I should have started doing this earlier.

Edited by Left Side

good job Medwig, gotta find what works for you. I jsut do a bunch of grip work prior and my hands are good and warmed up. If I do heavy deads my hands feel a lil tired, and I dont like doing light deads..

Oh Medwig, I have a mental story for you when I come home... You wont beleive me but Ill have to tell you anyways!

I wasn't supposed to do any grip before Muscle Turtle came home, but it was squat day and I just couldn't let all that extra energy go to waste.

Good thing too...

Had the workout with Muscle Turtle today. Got my ass handed to me in every event. I was weak and didn't even hit 1 pr. Horrible.

Malcolm did very well though, you can read all about it in his log.

Bending:

- G5 x 1 (6")

- G8 x 1 (6")

- 5/16 HRS (7")

- 5/16 HRS (6") *kinked*

- 8" Spirals Galvanized x 2 (Cut to 7")

Grip:

1. Strapholds:

- RB 210 (10lbs)

- RB 210 (10lbs) *wide*

- SM x 1

2. Block (Wooden Blob)

- Singles up to 30lbs

Workouts have been random and disorderly now that school is out. Muscle Turtle was here today and we worked out, which was cool.

Attempted the red again today, nothing what-so-ever. I am going to devote a few workouts to kink practice only. I should at least be able to kink that monster.

And that blob replica is slippery, much harder than my old 4x4" block.

And grippers, as has been the trend recently, suck. It is perhaps time to cave in and start doing some negatives.

Grip:

1. Grippers:

- SM x 1 x 8

- GM x 1 x 2 (MMS to 1mm)

- HG300 x 1 x 4 (Negs)

(Left Hand - #2 x 1x 10)

2. Pinch (York Fatties):

- 25's x 1

- 25/35 x 1 x 3

Those york plates have wide lips, makes them much harder than normal plates. Sharp too.

Grippers could have been worse.

good job on those fatties!

Im still not healed from our last gripper workout. I dont think you are either. Rest up and mash that GM!

Bending:

Kink Practice;

1. Spirals x 4 (6")

2. Blue x 1

3. 60d x 2

4. G5 x 2

5 G8 x 2

6. Eight Inch Spirals x 7 (Cut to 7")

7. Ten Inch Spiral x 1 (Wabbled, not fully kinked)

Grip:

1. Got bored and closed RB210. Very, very easy. Came back in three minutes and closed it again. Very hard. Strange.

Edited by Left Side

How much of a kink?

Now, youll have some pre kinked stuff to try at a later date.

Edited by Muscle Turtle

Kinked untill I would have to reposition my hands to continue into the sweep.

You are exactly right, they will be useful as sweep and crush practice, as they will harder cold.