- 45 x 1

- 55 x 1

- 60 x 1

- 65 x 1

4. Plate curl, 25 x 5 (singles)

5. Grip: High Volume {max closes in 60 min}

- Trainer x 348 (left)

- Trainer x 360 (right)

(All closes done from a no set, all reps to full open)

Block is just terrible, I can't lift junk, and my thumb webbing keeps tearing open, every time.

Started plate curls for the first time today, definately need to improve on the 25.

Grip volume was a mad forearm pump for the first twenty minutes, and after that it was just painful. I was hoping for 500 but I just couldn't do it. After ten minutes I was only able to sets of six to ten, all the strength just leaves your hands.

See that you round the edges of your block with a big radius.

I did that on mine, and I can let it slip out of my hand without tearing something.

Grip:

1. Lever

2. Pinch:

- 25's x 1

- 35/25 x 1

- 35's x 4

- 45/25 x 2

- 35's x 3 (short passes)

- 35's + 5lbs x 1

3. Grippers

- #2 x 2

- SM x 2 (choker)

4. Plate Curls - 25x5(singles)

5. Finger Hangs:

- middle only (2 hands)

- middle/pinkie (one hand)

- middle only (one hand)

- middle/index (one hand)

- ring/pinkie (one hand)

Edited by Left Side

Oh my ogd there is something terribly wrong with my hands, I can't even close my SuperMaster anymore. This sucks.

Pinch, at least, is going well. The 35's are becoming quite comfortable.

One finger, one hand hang is a new pr, which is pretty cool. Still really pissed off about crush though.

The G8's are slowly becoming easier, but more slowly than I had hoped. Three in a row is only one better than two weeks ago. After I have progressed to five in a row I will let myself move on to the next step.

3 is a good job.

Have you done volume on those monster 60d's yet???

I was able to bend 8, 2 weeks after that I wrecked 3 reds.

Next week for me will be 6 inch G8's, now Im interested to see if I can beat 3.

My hands wrecked man, I have no thumb webbing, i have 4 blisters right in the middle of my hand, and all my middle phalanges are caloused and cut open... they are rough man.

Next week will be an easy week for me, let hands heel, bend some G8's and try out a new movement on grippers.

I hear you on the thumb webbing, it tears every workout, it's even starting to tear from pinching.

Don't even talk to me about sore hands, you should have seen my hands after that high volume experiment, every finger had at least one, sometimes two large white blisters. It was disgusting, I couldn't even close my hand without some of them bursting. They are turning into callouses now though, so it's all good.

I am very sure I could bend more than 8 of those 60d's, I find them to be easier on my hands than G5's, and I did 10 G5's in a row a couple weeks ago. Maybe I will try it though, just or you.

Grip Day:

1. Lever

2. Pinch:

- 25's x 1

- 25/35 x 1

- 35's x 10 (singles)

3. Block:

- 45 x 1

- 55 x 1

- 65 x 1

- 60 x 2

Other than grippers, my hands are very close, both are equal strength. All reps are done with both left and right.

The 35's have become expected, the next step is a big one, 35/45.

No grippers today, taking time off to let my crush recover, a rest was needed.

Grip:

1. Two Hand Pinch, (up to 150)

2. One hand pinch, (35's)

3. Grippers:

- #1 x 1

- #2 x 1

- SM x 1

- RB210 x 1

- #3 chocker, from 1" to 1/8"

No lever, my wrists are acting up.

I can close the SM and RB210 again, I needed some time off. This means I will have to reduce my grip workouts to once a week. Damn.

Hope you don't mid a couple ?'s

regarding the finger hangs, what are you using and where is it placed on your finger? First joint? second joint?

I also noticed your crush died after your first finger hang workout, any relation?

Are you pinching a 35# plate and a 45# plate? Does it work well?

What kind of levering are you doing?

Just curious as you are one of the few people who climb on the board.

The finger hang workout and the not being able to close grippers has no relation with this kid. He works crazy hard and sometimes just doesnt allow his hnads to recover, that was the case here.

Medwig, recovery is key!!!

Oh ya man, Im hardcore sick so I dont know when Ill be coming home now. We might have to train on the wednesday.

Hope you don't mid a couple ?'s

regarding the finger hangs, what are you using and where is it placed on your finger?  First joint?  second joint?

I also noticed your crush died after your first finger hang workout, any relation?

Are you pinching a 35# plate and a 45# plate?  Does it work well?

What kind of levering are you doing? 

Just curious as you are one of the few people who climb on the board.

Ox I welcome all your questions.

As Muscle Turtle said, the crush falloff was not related to hang. It was indeed a matter of too little rest.

The finger hang itself was done one the second joint, using a normal chinup bar. I have some work to do before I do a mono from rock rings or a hangboard.

The 35 and 45 together has yet to happen, for now I am just using the 2 35's and adding five to seven pounds.

I do lever predominately for bending, I do the front and back raises, as well as the classic nose touch, and a wrist twist, where the bar is held directly in front of you and you rotate your wrist 90 degrees both ways. I am using a 10lb iron bar, (not a sledge), and doing all the movements at the very end of the bar.

Malcolm we are working out when you are ready, and not before. Get well soon my friend.

Nice, 2-35's pinching is a goal of mine for next year, sounds like you're crushing it already. A hang from a pull up bar sound tough too, I've never tried anything but webbing and a hangboard. Look forward to reading more.