Left Side's Training

Left Side

Why not jump on the bandwagon?

Friday's Workout:

1. Lever work.

2. Pinch, 1 rep singles up to two 35's.

3. Block, 1 rep singles up to 65lbs on wooden block.

4. Gripppers:

- Strapholds on SuperMaster, singles up to 15lbs.

- #2 singles, five sets.

- #1, three sets of thirty reps, opened to paralell.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left Side

• Muscle Turtle

• Number Ten Ox

• unseenbeat

Friday's Thoughts:

- All of my grip exercises are done as singles, pinch, block, everything. With the exception of the few times I go for volume on a gripper out of curiosity.

- I lied, lever work is done in 2 sets of 5.

- Strapholds have so far been responsible for all of my progress on grippers, hopefully this will continue, otherwise I will need to modify my approach.

Monday's Workout:

1. Grippers;

- Singles up to HG300

- #1 for 25 reps (full open)

2. Pinch, singles up to 2 35's with 5lbs attached.

3. Lever work

Monday's Thoughts:

- Every two weeks or so I do grippers at the start of the workout and devout most of my workout to them. This is when I go for pr's. The 300 is not a pr, but it's good it's getting more consistent.

- The 35's with 5lbs is a pr, and it was a bad pinch day.

- Ran out of time, couldn't do block.

- Weak on the grippers today, could only do one SM close. Normally I am good for 4 or 5. Oh well, got the hg300.

this looks awfully repetitive to me and uhhhh, wheres the bending?

arent you the same old trianing partner that used to hand my ass to me in bending? When I come home im fixing you! solid on the on pinch man. Get more VARIETY in there! use the equip you have and make shit up.

Grip Day:

1. Lever

2. Two hand pinch, up to 140.

3. Thick bar, one hand, up to 90, with 3.5" pipe.

4. Grippers;

- Right, 10sec hold with 10lbs on #2, x1

- Left, 10 sec hold with 10lbs on #1, x2

So my hands were basically useless today, couldn't even close my supermaster, could barely close my #2. I don't know what's going on, but it better be gone by friday.

this looks awfully repetitive to me and uhhhh, wheres the bending?

arent you the same old trianing partner that used to hand my ass to me in bending? When I come home im fixing you! solid on the on pinch man. Get more VARIETY in there! use the equip you have and make shit up.

All the equip we use to have is gone...

We don't even have a loading pin anymore, and no sled. Or weights. Thanks Malcolm.

Ill just make you one at school, lol.

Oh ya, and tell all the people in the weight room that when I come home Ill put on a bench seminar for them if they would like to see what I have learnt...

Edited by Muscle Turtle

A bench seminar, if you are serious about doing this I will spread the word. What exactly do you have in mind.

If you want I can make an announcement over the PA and have you teach a sort of bench class for beginners and experienced alike, during a lunch hour.

Or if you would rather I could tell a few serious lifters and you could go over it with them as a small group.

Let me know which you prefer and I'll set it up.

Just tell a few people that you see in the weight room and just pass the message around...

Im gonna teach how to set up on the bench and how to better their strokes, how to use your whole body to bench....

I was mad that I couldn't get more than one G8, but I got some decent volume in so that was allright.

Those 60d's are about the same as a G5, kink is harder, crush is easier.

A nice blood blister on my left index, hope that heals by wednesday.

Nah man, get everyone who wants to come to come. Wether its male or female or first time benching or whatever. Even tell wee man Kat if youd like and Balfe if hed like to bench powerlifting style, haha...

I just wanna share the knowledge I have been given.

I wont be able to tell you till Im at home. Lunch time sounds great, and when is your spare at? I wanna get in a coule good workouts with you while Im home.