The Eulogy

Muscle Turtle

One Hand Pinch - 25's for 3 singles, 25's plus bar for 2 singles

Fat V Bar - 160 for 1

Bending - 6.5 FBBC attempt, couldnt move it, then did 9 6 inch Spikes

Grippers - left - HG 300 for 7 hard negs, right - #3 for 7 Hard negs, #1 for 5 sets of 5 with both hands

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Muscle Turtle

• Left Side

• StalwartSentinel

• BigT

Those 25's must be slippery as hell, seeing as how you were tossing around our 35's over half a year ago.

Your hands must have been dead after those negatives, reduced to using the #1...

You need to step up the training dammit, I want a challenge when you come home. :D

I didnt really warm up at all even and my hands werent feeling real strong today.. bo I did some MEAN negatives instead of 5 sec negs like usual... as long as ossible till fingers wanna tear out. #3 for a good while!

Afterwards I couldnt open or close my hand.

We are challenging, and Im challenging Balfe too. ITS GO TIME BABY!!!

Hahaha I love it! Balfe will be game I'm sure, but don't expect him to shine in pinch, even I can beat him there. Although it would be true to form for him to magically get amazing at it in two weeks. No doubt he's secretly practicing at home...

• 2 weeks later...

Grippers - did a whole crap load of stuff, but the whole idea was to just close the biggest gripper, well left - SM, right - easy GM

One Hand Plate Pinch - left - 25 and 35, right - 35 and 45

Bending - worked up to 6.5 FBBC

turns out that the last 6.5 I tried and couldnt kink was truly a mutant, so Ill have to try it again in a couple of weeks... As for the rest of the workout, it was awsome. Had some really good lifts and was very impressed with Left Sides ability to close grippers, he has gotten very strong. Overall good workout, it feels good to post again.

Bending - 5 inch G8's (just missed) - 2 past 90, 4 kinks, 5 inch red kink, 6 inch edgin wobble (less than a wobble)

Left Side Blob Replica - left - 25, right 32.5

Grippers - bunch of random stuff, high light was RB 210 left, #2 for 3 reps, right hand was #2 for 10 reps, easy GM close

worked out at Left Sides today, was a great time had by all.

Im honestly dissapointed that I couldnt get a G8, I just couldnt get the pads working for me and what not... Its time to buckle down and get back on track...

Edited by Muscle Turtle

As of today, I am starting a new program. I feel as though I am slacking off in a some things and need more balance... I like variety as most people know, so I am going to take a total different approach to this grip stuff... It starts soon...

No More Pain begins...

Edited by Muscle Turtle

Today was the last crappy workout I am giong to have... from now on I will hit PR's every workout or Ill be kicking myself... Its time for an attitude adjustment... I learnt two things today. First off, I am mentally week, I will not hit a bar hard enough to make it melt like I used to, its time to start getting mad before I bend. Second of all, If I do not accomplish full bends, I am not getting stronger. Its one thing to have a day for kinking, its totally another thing to kink bars week in week out and get no progress which has been happening to me...

Grpi Machine - worked up to 160 for 10 reps (i love this thing!)

Fat Bar rack pulls - 270, HUGE PR!!

Bending - 5.5 Red fail, 6 inch zinc, 5.5 zinc fail, 7 inch 80 d kink attempt failed

I dont remmber the zinc being this hard. I think I got a pretty good batch of it. It doesnt give out during the sweep like the old stuff.

VOLUME IS A MUST!!!

thanks Big T, I wasnt able to hit the bars the way I usually do for some reasoning...

the 5.5 didnt even make 90, it was way way off. I woulda failed on a 6 inch too.

Today was the last crappy workout I am giong to have... from now on I will hit PR's every workout or Ill be kicking myself... Its time for an attitude adjustment... I learnt two things today. First off, I am mentally week, I will not hit a bar hard enough to make it melt like I used to, its time to start getting mad before I bend. Second of all, If I do not accomplish full bends, I am not getting stronger. Its one thing to have a day for kinking, its totally another thing to kink bars week in week out and get no progress which has been happening to me...

Grpi Machine - worked up to 160 for 10 reps (i love this thing!)

Fat Bar rack pulls - 270, HUGE PR!!

Bending - 5.5 Red fail, 6 inch zinc, 5.5 zinc fail, 7 inch 80 d kink attempt failed

I dont remmber the zinc being this hard. I think I got a pretty good batch of it. It doesnt give out during the sweep like the old stuff.

VOLUME IS A MUST!!!

Go get it! Good job on the PR's! :rock

Two hand Pinch - 90 for 16

Hub Lifts (on homemade) - 30 lbs left - 5, right - 10

Grippers - left #1 by 17, right #2 by 13

Plate Curls - 25's for 7,6,7

That felt pretty darn good. The hub lifts on the home made hub are a tonne easier. I could barely move a 25 lb but was able to rep 30 on the same dimensions. My gym doesnt allow chalk either, so kinda dissapointed with my grippers. I was hoping to rep my #2 with my left but I just wasnt feeling very strong.

Friday

One Handed Deads - worked up to 195, then 155 for 10 seconds

Inverted pinky and ring finger negatives - #1 for 5 singles of 5 sec

lay down across body radial deviation - 2.5 for 10 reps, bar for 2 of 10

One Hand Pinch - worked up to 35/45 (35 on thumb side), then the crazy slippery 35 for 3 singles

Bending - 6 inch fbbc FAIL, 6 inch 80d got it

wasnt a bad workout, my hands are pretty beat up now though.

Good pinch workout. I think your problems with that were mental. After our workout you've gone from being barely able to doing your 35's to 35/45, nice!

You and I need to talk Left Side. Some interesting finds.

No No Medwig, these were the slippery 35's I was telling you about. I have done many dif 35's, these are the ones that illuded me. I now got them. DC man, next time around Ill have to pinch mad heavy.

Wednesday

Negatives - left - HG300, right - GM, for 5

Reverse Forearms Curls - 60 by 20

home made Blob - left - 25, right 30

3 Inch D Bell - 70 lbs for 4 singles

Edited by Muscle Turtle

D Bell walks - 130's for 2 lengths of gym

worked out with crew, pinched a lot of single 45's (fingers on smooth side)

I did a single 25 plate pinch

played with therapuddy all day at work

couple 2 finger hangs

couple fist and middle finger to middle finger pull ups

cofee can plus towel squeezes, 10 or so

These arent workouts, this are just some of the thigns I do on a regular basis that I feel have really contributed to my strength, so I decided I should be throwing in the very off day random stuff... If I really think about it, Im always doing some small thing all the time.

Strength comes in many forms... Hopefully some people get soem good ideas about my training. I know Left Side is interested! ha

God giveth the, God taketh away....

Edited by Muscle Turtle