Champion Of Champions Grip Contest 2005

David Horne

200k is possible, and in fact I'm sure I've done it on a bar that does not spin. This shows you how much harder a fast spinning bar is.

Yes I'd love to see 180k pulled on my Udenholme olympic bar-it would rank as one of the greatest grip feats ever!

David

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• jimwylie1

• gazza

I reckon Nick will do well on this lift. A good lift will be in the region of 140kg.

500lbs ain’t happening. Where the hell did you get that from Mobster?

500lbs ain’t happening. Where the hell did you get that from Mobster?

Yeah! Can you deadlift that with 2 hands Steve?

David

What do you guys find harder, doing it thumbless or with a regular grip? Just curious as we have this lift with an OL bar, using a regular (non-hook) grip as the fourth event in the Australian Championship in Sydney, December 17.

I've only just noticed that the lift is thumbless! I haven't tried it yet Mikael but I assume that I will find it harder.

This makes Steve's 500lb prediction even more crazy!

Gazza,

I can give out the address of the one round the corner if you want.

But there are quite a lot in Stafford.

Let me know.

David

RULES

New info.

4. One Arm Hammer Lever to Head

This event begins with the lifter having his straight arm strapped to a trough-shaped level (to prevent movement/raising of the limb during the lift). He is then handed a sledgehammer handle that has been adapted to enable it to be weighted. This must be held at the end of the handle (so the hand is flush with the end of the shaft), and lowered to the head by bending the wrist. Once the weight touches his head, the lifter must raise the hammer to a vertical position again using his wrist strength. The shaft of the hammer may deviate in any direction during the lift, providing the lifter corrects any such deviation using only the lifting arm and returns the hammer to the upright position without any assistance. The lifter is responsible for his own safety during this event, although if the non-lifting hand touches the hammer at any stage, the lift is deemed a failure. The hammer length is 900mm. The lifter must not raise his heels to gain height.

A rising bar will be used on this event.

Competitors

Theo Burggraaff ( Holland)

Andy Christie (England)

Steve Gardener (England)

Frank Henritzi (Germany)

David Horne (GB)

Dave Johnson (England)

Florian Kellersman (Germany)

Amaury Macaire (France)

Burkhard Macht (Germany)

Steve McGranahan (USA)

Nick McKinless (England)

Richard Scott (England)

Jim Wylie (England)

Marc Wylie (England)

Theo Burggraaff ( Holland) cannot make the contest.

Competitors

Andy Christie (England)

Steve Gardener (England)

Frank Henritzi (Germany)

David Horne (GB)

Dave Johnson (England)

Amaury Macaire (France)

Burkhard Macht (Germany)

Steve McGranahan (USA)

Nick McKinless (England)

Richard Scott (England)

Jim Wylie (England)

Marc Wylie (England)

What ya looking for? If it's more trash talking check out Jim Wylie and my posts (ps: he's my bitch, my skinny one armed bitch ha ha).

Mobster, if you fancy taking on my one arm after the contest be my guest. Dave has a perfectly good armwrestling table that we could utilise if you aren't a slack jawed cockney?

Rule update as agreed

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift

The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different hand sizes. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The smooth-sided, adjustable-width disc is held on a 2” thick metal rod by a pair of collars. Extra weights will be added to the outsides. The top of this is grasped with an overhand pinch grip and lifted until the end of the bar touches an horizontal stick placed at 16.5” from the floor. There is no referee’s signal. You do not have to be erect upon completion. You must lower the weight under control. If the outer discs accidentally touch the stick before the bar itself, referee’s discretion will be used to judge whether the correct height was attained. Pinch gripping the discs using an unorthodox underhand grip will not be allowed.

A rising bar will be used on this event.

Yes, I would agree. I was never totally satisfied with the Euro/LGC way of doing it as some would be required to pause for less than a second whereas others had to hold it for closer to two seconds. Overall I don't think it will make much of a difference at all. Speaking for myself, the difference between being able to lift a max weight to lockout and hold it for two seconds before lowering it under control and not being able to even move the weight would be no more than about 5 lbs in the two hand pinch.

This way of doing it is somewhat less inconsistent. Anyone who does not believe this is welcome to watch video footage from the Euro contest or the IG.

This is just a quick reminder to the athletes mentioned below that their entrance fees have to be in by October 1st.

This will also be when we sort out the t-shirts, etc. So it is a must to get the money to me by then. You can pay through paypal.

Andy Christie (England)

Frank Henritzi (Germany)

Amaury Macaire (France)

Burkhard Macht (Germany)

David

Florian Kellersman (Germany) cannot make the contest.

Competitors

Andy Christie (England)

Steve Gardener (England)

Frank Henritzi (Germany)

David Horne (GB)

Dave Johnson (England)

Amaury Macaire (France)

Burkhard Macht (Germany)

Steve McGranahan (USA)

Nick McKinless (England)

Richard Scott (England)

Jim Wylie (England)

Marc Wylie (England)

I still have no date for the german grip championship.

Thats the reason I haven't yet paid the entrance fee.

I'll try to figure the date out this week.