Champion Of Champions Grip Contest 2005

David Horne

David would you accept a cnc machined blob as a prize,if so what would be a good inscription to have put on it.

It will weigh 58lbs give or take a few ounses :D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• jimwylie1

• gazza

Gazza,

That would be a great prize! I think the inscription would best with the contest and date on. But if you have any other ideas please tell me.

Once again, many thanks for your kindness,

David

Stan Pike's new web site is http://www.hand-grippers.com/

This is for ordering grip stuff and Robert Baraban grippers in the UK. Stan's asked me to make everyone aware that he is Robert Baraban's sole UK distributor.

So please place all orders through him at the new site.

David

Stan also makes some nice kettlebells,and has a mean pair of mits on him :D

David

Would you like just :-

champion of champions 2005

champion of champions england 2005

champion of champions nov 12th 2005 england

Or if you had a prize in mind for a particular event eg:-

1st place pinch and then any of the above.

Or:-

1st place david hornes champion of champions grip contest england 2005.

Jim

If its okay with David i will come to spectate and support and help on the day if needed,eg video,photos,weight loading etc.

If eveything goes okay might bring a very Large and Powerfull Gent :D

David,scott,and yourself got me into the grip bug,so would like to be a part of it all,plus Davids comps are were its at in the UK and always run and hosted nicely.

Sometimes we forget(I know i do)but we each need to pay back what we have graciously been given,the friendship David and his grip gang showed me when i competed and visited was and is much appreciated :bow

I agree Gazza, that's why my company has been added to the list. Let's hope others can do the same - putting something back into the sport.

Gazza,

Yes Stan Pike is a strong man as well as being a kind man. He has a real love for everything Physical Culture.

I don't know what stuff I have got sponsored yet, so I think we'll go with Champion of Champions Grip Contest 2005, England. Then I can decide later where to place this great prize.

Of course we'd love to have you down helping, etc.

Thanks for your kind words, we have always tried to make it a good time for competitors.

I tell you this contest could be good :yikes

Maybe we could have it every 2 or 4 year (like Olympics), and change continents.

Boy I wish I could mention the competitors names :ohmy

David

Oh and Franky Boy says he will bring along a keg of German beer ;)

I will also be adding prizes myself, and also Elizabeth Talbot has also just said she will donate a copy of 'Super Athletes' by David Willoughby.

David

The gripper contest will be a 10 secs strap hold (with 1 1/4k) with as hard a gripper as you can. I will be posting the exact rules soon, but most are straight forward.

David

David

Will you be having the boyz around your gaff the day after to drool over you grip collection and mess about with the kegs,Kalle stone etc as i think that is always a great ending to your annual grip comps and much enjoyed.

Forgot to mention Elizabeth has also helped you run and do a 1st class job each year,a nice prize donated by the grip Princess :bow

Gazza,

Yes that sounds great. Usually some of us go out for a meal the night before, then after the contest we go for food and a drink, then the next day we have a play around with all the stuff at mine. Yes, I'm up for all that as it's a great way to meet people properly outside of competition.

Can everyone please give me an insite into when you are arriving.

David

Nick McKinless has kindly donated a limited edition stunt t shirt from a film he has worked on.

Thanks,

David

If anyone prefers to fly to Manchester and needs a lift from the airport pm as I am not far from the airport and off for some time in November (hopefully when the comp is)

David any ideas if it is the beginning or end of November?