Champion Of Champions Grip Contest 2005

David Horne

Here are the qualifiers for the Champion of Champions grip contest to be held in Stafford, England. It will be in November (date to be confirmed). All the competitors below are allowed to compete, and also one bye for an athlete of note who isn't on the list.

Of course I don't expect everyone to come, but it should be a good contest, with big weights lifted. Some good competitors have already expressed an interest in competing.

From the UK.

David Horne

Steve Sherwood

Frank Allen

Gerry Davidson

John Moore

David Elmer

Chris Moore

Nick McKinless

Duncan Moore

Elizabeth Talbot

Michael Daly

Steve Gardener

Jim Wylie

Andrew Christie

Martin Whittred

Richard Scott

From Sweden

Kalle Lane

Hakan Petschler

Mikael Siversson

Joakim Palmqvist

Kent Gardenkrans

Mattias Mattisson

Benny Wennberg

Johan Albrektsson

Jonas Svaren

Mario Sjogren

Mikael Linden

Victor Sander

Jorgen Holm

Dickey Oscarsson

From U.S.A.

Steve McGranahan

Rob W. Vigeant

Tommy Heslop

Clay Edgin

Jedd Johnson

Matt Graham

Kevin Fulton

Matt Kucera

Chris Jaeschke

John Jaeschke

Rob F. Vigeant

Shane Larson

Ross Baker

Zach Gipson

David Ostlund

Jeff Peterson

Jeff Bissonnette

David Thornton

Bob Lipinski

Brian Amundsen

Mark Riddle

Jeff Flynn

Ryan Klein

Jesse Reimann

Marc Bruno

From Australia

Vince Basile

Justin Byrnes

David Stiff

From Switzerland

David Hurzeler

Felix Cruchard

Thomas Dangeon

Yoann Brigante

From Germany

Erik Franz

Patrick Kohlmann

Udo Krause

Thomas Becker

Uwe Helmbold

Frank Henritzi

Alexander Geitner

Martin Kotte

Burkhard Macht

From France

Amaury Macaire

Enguerrand Girard

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• jimwylie1

• gazza

I'd like to compete!! :rock

Edited by DuTCH

If its in the first two weeks of november I can compete since on nov. 15th the plate will be removed from my humerus.

Theo,

You don't get an automatic place as you have not come top 3, but I will for the time being place you in the bye position. Your 4th position in the Swiss champs was good, and no doubt you would win the Dutch champs if there was one.

Franky,

The 2 dates we are looking at are Oct 29th and Nov 12th so you should be fine. Will be good to see you.

Steve,

I'll be puting together an email to send to various people for sponsorship. We've never asked for sponsorship before but feel that this time it would add something to the event if we could offer prizes. Any donations or offers would be welcome.

The events will be Vbar, 1 hand lift, Two Hands Pinch lift, Grippers for hold (to be finalised) and the hammer lever event that's in the GGC comp but for weight.

I'll keep posting info here as soon as I have it.

Anyone on that list who wants to compete please notify me.

For flight information the best airport to travel into is Birmingham International (BHX), there is a train service direct from here to Stafford (taking 1 hour). I can pick up from Stafford train station. Even though you may find flights to elsewhere in the UK cheaper, this is really your best and easiest option.

Thanks,

David

I'm only a significant lottery win away from competing :D

Sounds like it'll be a great comp.

Can't you wait for next years comps to come around David??? "Retirement" must have been sheer torture. :tongue:happy

David

I really don't like the grippers for time. Seems like an endurance event instead of a max crush event. Just my opinion.

Maybe best to have grippers last if it is a hold for time. The winner in particular of the hold will suffer (from lactic acid) in the following events.

Gripmaniac,

I have the 'bug' back, but at least I was busy with the armwrestling. Now I just have to get the strength back!

Greg,

I didn't want the contest exactly the same as the Brits or Euros, but also not that different. I thought of an endurance event for the One Hand Lift or grippers and chose grippers. It will probably be a hold for 10 secs with the toughest gripper. But I also thought of maybe using a Baraban dynamometer, but then people would not be able to train for it.

Mikael,

Yes, I was thinking of putting the gripper either 4th or 5th.

David

I would think Dave Morton would qualify? Unless I missed something in this thread?

Bill,

Dave Morton hasn't attained a top 3 position in any of the comps mentioned yet, although I think this will change at this years GGC.

David

Well we have 10 confirmed so far, and a very exciting pm today from a possible competitor. Let's hope. This will be one intense contest!

Better get out and train :laugh

Anyway, I will try and get some good sponsorship for this event.

All for now,

David

A lot of emails have gone out to possible sponsors today. I also have an appointment tomorrow to ask for prize money from a company, so lets hope. I'm trying to make this a good pro contest. But time will tell. I also hope to get the contest in a public place. I'll keep you all posted.

David

A lot of emails have gone out to possible sponsors today. I also have an appointment tomorrow to ask for prize money from a company, so lets hope. I'm trying to make this a good pro contest. But time will tell. I also hope to get the contest in a public place. I'll keep you all posted.

David

[/quote

Cool T-Shirts and nice lifts.

I also hope to get the contest in a public place. I'll keep you all posted.

David

So yes, good chance it will be public :cool

Of course spectators are welcomed. Gripboard guys please introduce yourselves so we know who you are.

David