Big T's Log

BigT

Good luck the the #3. When you get it, get in line for the MM1...

No cigar, not quite yet :dry Thanks as always Dutch for the faith. I've been working my new labor job working real hard and I'm tired alot and my hands sometimes are shot from work as well as my body. Gotta make money though, can't wait to find something better :blush Gonna post my workouts are done with as few as 3 hours or less in between so not my best.

2/24

Morning workout:

Goal gripper(waking up when I do this just as always to rev things up)

(1) R-2004#3

(1) L-super filed #2

OC's (5-7 sec.)...goal is conditioning as Joe Kinney said and keep the holds as hard as I can and solid

(2) R-#2

(2) L-filed #1

Afternoon(only 3 hours later in a rush before work)

R- BBSMx1...good solid hold and go Not posting left hand here as it's doing good!

MM Avg.#3x1

TNS#2x1

HG400x1

CCS#2w/handgripper helper(this revs up load by about 22 pounds or so)

TNS filed#1x1

Pony Clamp:

53 rubber bands pr Extensors:

Im bands 60 reps w/red easy pr

Night workout(dead after work at this point people not showing up):

3 setsx5 Rolling Thunder 62 1/2, 92 1/2, 122 1/2..done strictly with no wrist tilt

2 setsx10 grippers R- filed bbm (RT kills grippers)

2 setsx15-20 Two hands wrist curl 65,95....just real strict full range of motion aint done these in a while.

2 setsx15-20 Two hands reverse wrist curl 45,45

sets 8lb sledge hammer...just moving hands down lower and lower on handle to easy to lever to the front so I'm doing different things want to buy a 10 lb er in the future.

2 setsx5 Home made pinch block...ghetto one at that :laugh(leather c.d. case) 15,25

Ended the night with bending beer caps new feat I tried and always wondered about. Did it in different ways with no struggle, nice :D

Random pr's throught week:

Steel handled #3 w/ JAG 2 prototype(set w/1/4 ender and fully tightened will equal Avg.#4 :blink ) got 4 reps my best yet and once I get up to 6 reps I will tighten screw once more, I have some turning to do.

York 30 covered ground with that picking it up pretty easy off the ground. Working on now grabbing it by the smoothest part that says york on the top.

Despite all going on training is going good, take care all and stay strong :rock

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• Geo

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good BigT!

Do you find the handgripper helper much help?! Ive heard mixed reports about it.

I changed from an office job in september last year to working with my hands. There was a period of about a month or so when I was chiselling english Oak all day long :blink . It wreaked havoc on my grip strength (and my strength for powerlifting)- because I wasnt used to using my hands all day long. However Im used to it now and it doesnt effect my training. So keep going and Keep up the hard work mate.

Edited by Geo

Good luck the the #3. When you get it, get in line for the MM1...

No cigar, not quite yet :dry Thanks as always Dutch for the faith. I've been working my new labor job working real hard and I'm tired alot and my hands sometimes are shot from work as well as my body. Gotta make money though, can't wait to find something better :blush Gonna post my workouts are done with as few as 3 hours or less in between so not my best.

2/24

Morning workout:

Goal gripper(waking up when I do this just as always to rev things up)

(1) R-2004#3

(1) L-super filed #2

OC's (5-7 sec.)...goal is conditioning as Joe Kinney said and keep the holds as hard as I can and solid

(2) R-#2

(2) L-filed #1

Afternoon(only 3 hours later in a rush before work)

R- BBSMx1...good solid hold and go Not posting left hand here as it's doing good!

MM Avg.#3x1

TNS#2x1

HG400x1

CCS#2w/handgripper helper(this revs up load by about 22 pounds or so)

TNS filed#1x1

Pony Clamp:

53 rubber bands pr Extensors:

Im bands 60 reps w/red easy pr

Night workout(dead after work at this point people not showing up):

3 setsx5 Rolling Thunder 62 1/2, 92 1/2, 122 1/2..done strictly with no wrist tilt

2 setsx10 grippers R- filed bbm (RT kills grippers)

2 setsx15-20 Two hands wrist curl 65,95....just real strict full range of motion aint done these in a while.

2 setsx15-20 Two hands reverse wrist curl 45,45

sets 8lb sledge hammer...just moving hands down lower and lower on handle to easy to lever to the front so I'm doing different things want to buy a 10 lb er in the future.

2 setsx5 Home made pinch block...ghetto one at that :laugh(leather c.d. case) 15,25

Ended the night with bending beer caps new feat I tried and always wondered about. Did it in different ways with no struggle, nice :D

Random pr's throught week:

Steel handled #3 w/ JAG 2 prototype(set w/1/4 ender and fully tightened will equal Avg.#4 :blink ) got 4 reps my best yet and once I get up to 6 reps I will tighten screw once more, I have some turning to do.

York 30 covered ground with that picking it up pretty easy off the ground. Working on now grabbing it by the smoothest part that says york on the top.

Despite all going on training is going good, take care all and stay strong :rock

Nice! :rock

• 3 weeks later...

Whew I've been gone a while on posting, my bad :D Still training grippers been training with medium grippers to basically build up my base strength and going for more mastery than anything. Been working on closing my hard BBSM (3 inch spread) any time for my right and left using my #2 and all. Now I'm heading back to my 2004#3(harder than MM1) this coming week right and my BBSM for my left to see where I'm at. My best on my 2004#3 is 3/16, something about that last little bit :whistel I'll be going back at Handgripperman's program but doing it only for 3 weeks and then I wanna rest for 1 week as I"m going on a few months straight training and need me some rest :laugh

Random pr's for me during this time:

Nearly a full neg with my 50 lb blob :bow (thanks to John Brookfield for selling it to me he said this is one of the originals)...I never thought I could even move this as it's always felt like beast, a goal for me this year is to get this.

Passing 2 25's back and forth(myiron cast plates are the worst for pinching and the gym's 25's are way easier mine are just horrible, Josh your so right these plates take a while to do anything with)...should start working on breaking 2 35's off ground soon another goal for the year

Steel handled#3 w/ JAG 2 prototype still tightening this thing down more, fully tightened it will be an average#4 :blink

Also other little things here and there. Boy can't wait till Monday, Big T is on the move :rock:rock:rock

You should add that blob lift to your goals at the bottom of your posts, I see we are very close in strength and goals, I'll have to keep an eye on your log. I'm hoping to be real close on my 2004 #3 when it gets back to me, I've closed it with a choker at parallel many times, but the sweep is sooo nasty it's real hard to set.

• 2 weeks later...
You should add that blob lift to your goals at the bottom of your posts, I see we are very close in strength and goals, I'll have to keep an eye on your log. I'm hoping to be real close on my 2004 #3 when it gets back to me, I've closed it with a choker at parallel many times, but the sweep is sooo nasty it's real hard to set.

thanks buddy, I rested for an entire week from grip and started back this Monday

3/27

Morning(right when I wake up so it's tough as usual):

Goal gripper attempt(1):

R-2004#3

L-Super Filed #2

ISG singles(full no partials here):

45,56,70,85,101,120,140,162,185...narrow miss on the last one the ISG is for a no feel on my crush for a change of pace.

Afternoon:

R-2004#3x1..solid hold at 1/8 of an inch

Avg.#3x1...1/16 of an inch

HG 400x1...1/16 of an inch

No set#2x1...just slammed with ease.

Super elite negs...did a few neg crushes. here really cranked handles!

L-is doing alright just too much effort to post both :tongue

Pony clamp Negsw/2 inch clamp:

57 rubber bands pr

Extensors:

IM bands

R-Two whites pr...I usually increase when I can get 50 reps

L-blue...pr

Night:

Steelhandled#3/JAG 2 prototype(fully tightned equals a #4)...got 3 reps and close to turning the dial more on this thing

#2 w/JAG...moving steadily on this one

Overall:

17.5 hex, 22.5 york, 30 york just having fun with these no heavier york blobs except 50

Dexerity:

finger walking 3 3/4 on broom

3/28

Morning same but got pr on ISG and nailed 185(full singles only)

Afternnon:

R-OC BBSM(3 inch spread)x1...slammed and held with ease and holding in mirror

MM Avg.#3x1...narrowly missed this one, also paused this a tad in mirror to make tougher

TNS#2...crushed like a potato chip

2004#3x1...miss of course this late in workout trying

Parallel pause set(really wider than parallel and pausing) filed bbm...of course easy

L-OC#2x1 pr and MM filed bbm is another pr

Thumbs:

Plate Pinching w/ one hand

2 10's, 2 25's(deadlifted these iron cast ones are horrible for pinch Josh you know what I mean, the ones in the gym I used to go to are so much easier), 2 10's&5 plus 45 bar(a reg. standard 7 ft bar I have no pinching device yet) I try to highpull this sucker. Next week I work on breaking 2 35's off ground my other year's goal of course with these iron cast plates it'll be a nice challenge :shifty

Extensors:

IM outer limit loops rail extensions(I hang my hand over my bed rail and do one hand extensions)

1 setx20 R-27&1/2...pr

L-22&1/2...pr

Night:

R-hard elite@3/8 inches in hose clamp.. tad less than 1/16 pr here and close misses after that Josh said binds up real good I just have to get that last little bit and I'm cool I thought it was closed but found it it just wasn't

L-BBSM in choker did alright here.

Overall:

tear phone book...tore a small one at that I feel but another one of my year's goals knocked down as well ;)

Dexerity:

broomstick twirl 2 1/2...complete control with twirling fingers will soon increase this easiest it's ever felt and I was tired after grippers and tearing here so I'm good on that.

It looks like the rest really did me alot of good. I train 3 times a day and I know now to rest every few months or so to compensate and it worked. Very happy with the pr's :bow:bow:bow Onwards and upwards :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

thanks buddy, I rested for an entire week from grip and started back this Monday

3/27

Morning(right when I wake up so it's tough as usual):

Goal gripper attempt(1):

R-2004#3

L-Super Filed #2

ISG singles(full no partials here):

45,56,70,85,101,120,140,162,185...narrow miss on the last one the ISG is for a no feel on my crush for a change of pace.

Afternoon:

R-2004#3x1..solid hold at 1/8 of an inch

Avg.#3x1...1/16 of an inch

HG 400x1...1/16 of an inch

No set#2x1...just slammed with ease.

Super elite negs...did a few neg crushes. here really cranked handles!

L-is doing alright just too much effort to post both :tongue

Pony clamp Negsw/2 inch clamp:

57 rubber bands pr

Extensors:

IM bands

R-Two whites pr...I usually increase when I can get 50 reps

L-blue...pr

Night:

Steelhandled#3/JAG 2 prototype(fully tightned equals a #4)...got 3 reps and close to turning the dial more on this thing

#2 w/JAG...moving steadily on this one

Overall:

17.5 hex, 22.5 york, 30 york just having fun with these no heavier york blobs except 50

Dexerity:

finger walking 3 3/4 on broom

3/28

Morning same but got pr on ISG and nailed 185(full singles only)

Afternnon:

R-OC BBSM(3 inch spread)x1...slammed and held with ease and holding in mirror

MM Avg.#3x1...narrowly missed this one, also paused this a tad in mirror to make tougher

TNS#2...crushed like a potato chip

2004#3x1...miss of course this late in workout trying

Parallel pause set(really wider than parallel and pausing) filed bbm...of course easy

L-OC#2x1 pr and MM filed bbm is another pr

Thumbs:

Plate Pinching w/ one hand

2 10's, 2 25's(deadlifted these iron cast ones are horrible for pinch Josh you know what I mean, the ones in the gym I used to go to are so much easier), 2 10's&5 plus 45 bar(a reg. standard 7 ft bar I have no pinching device yet) I try to highpull this sucker. Next week I work on breaking 2 35's off ground my other year's goal of course with these iron cast plates it'll be a nice challenge :shifty

Extensors:

IM outer limit loops rail extensions(I hang my hand over my bed rail and do one hand extensions)

1 setx20 R-27&1/2...pr

L-22&1/2...pr

Night:

R-hard elite@3/8 inches in hose clamp.. tad less than 1/16 pr here and close misses after that Josh said binds up real good I just have to get that last little bit and I'm cool I thought it was closed but found it it just wasn't

L-BBSM in choker did alright here.

Overall:

tear phone book...tore a small one at that I feel but another one of my year's goals knocked down as well ;)

Dexerity:

broomstick twirl 2 1/2...complete control with twirling fingers will soon increase this easiest it's ever felt and I was tired after grippers and tearing here so I'm good on that.

It looks like the rest really did me alot of good. I train 3 times a day and I know now to rest every few months or so to compensate and it worked. Very happy with the pr's :bow:bow:bow Onwards and upwards :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Nice workout bro, I like the improvised dexterity work. :)

Nice work BigT! I like how you cover those different aspects of grip!

Thanks guys the dexerity work is fun getting better over time with those.

Yesterday's workout

Morning...

Goal gripper:

R-2004#3x1

L-Super Filed #2

ISG full range closes working up as high as I can at 6 in the morning :dry before work and slightly after waking up

Afternoon:

R-elitex1...1/4 of an inch whew that was great :bow:bow:bow

2004#3x1..

HG 400x1...

No set #2 x3...just kept doing lots of singles with ease and slamming and will move up to another gripper here :mosher

Super elite negs...kept doing lots of neg crushes and grinding handles will move on to another gripper here as well

Pony Clamp negs(just forced reps here to really attack thumb):

59 rubber bands pr

Extensors:

IM bands

R-two greens

L-Red

just good reps here I move up usually when I get around 50 at each level

Night:

R-steel handled #3 with Jag 2 prototype...close to getting 4 reps and turning more(fully turned is Avg.#4)

L-#2 with JAG

Overall:

blobs just having fun with those

Dexerity:

finger walking w/broomstick 3 3/4 nearly got but ran out of steam doing them nice and strict and reversing directions now thanks to reading a tip from Tommy for more strength

Good times

Edited by BigT

Thanks guys the dexerity work is fun getting better over time with those.

Yesterday's workout

Morning...

Goal gripper:

R-2004#3x1

L-Super Filed #2

ISG full range closes working up as high as I can at 6 in the morning :dry before work and slightly after waking up

Afternoon:

R-elitex1...1/4 of an inch whew that was great :bow:bow:bow

2004#3x1..

HG 400x1...

No set #2 x3...just kept doing lots of singles with ease and slamming and will move up to another gripper here :mosher

Super elite negs...kept doing lots of neg crushes and grinding handles will move on to another gripper here as well

Pony Clamp negs(just forced reps here to really attack thumb):

59 rubber bands pr

Extensors:

IM bands

R-two greens

L-Red

just good reps here I move up usually when I get around 50 at each level

Night:

R-steel handled #3 with Jag 2 prototype...close to getting 4 reps and turning more(fully turned is Avg.#4)

L-#2 with JAG

Overall:

blobs just having fun with those

Dexerity:

finger walking w/broomstick 3 3/4 nearly got but ran out of steam doing them nice and strict and reversing directions now thanks to reading a tip from Tommy for more strength

Good times

Nice one. I like the Beefbuilder grippers a lot. The knurling is just right IMO. Ever thought about putting that elite in a hose clamp? Ive got my elite in one to 1 1/4" and that works the inner range. The RB300 is a bit harder than the elite IMO and Ive started using that for training the outer rom. just a thought :) although working the way you are will be just as good its good to mix things up every now and again. :rock