Big T's Log

BigT

I hope your mother will have a speedy recovery...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• Geo

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling pretty good today. Last week of full bore training and all.  This coming Monday is test day when I go all out on the Avg.#3 fresh and try to put this thing away, I've wanted to close this again for a while :D

Morning

Neg:

R- (1) Pos. 10&12 ISG Neg 345...pr got it...whew what a effort needed in the morning and didn't use any body help what so ever, just a two hand crush :)

L- (1) Pos. 6&12 268...pr for reps

Goal Gripper:

Attempts or close as far as possible and holding for 30-60 seconds...I chose attempts today

R-Avg.#3...the handles moved real easy and smooth a neck injury from Friday started nagging me as I got the handles down for a ride for a morning workout I haven't seen in a while if ever. When my strength is up in the morning, then things are looking real good.

L-#2  ...doing good w/ that!

I list right hand only for the night workout as listing this is real long.

R- Trainer TNSx1

#1x TNSx1

Filed BBM TNSx1

flied #2 x1(4 inch spread)  pr...real close to closing this beast of a #2

BBSMx1

filed#2x1 moved this beast again but no close

Avg.#3x1

elitex1 neg...pr grinded handles and held for a sec.

HG 300x1 OC 5 sec....pr got it

elitex1 neg...pr first time getting this second neg right here and I was drained as you can see when I work up to this neg

Avg.#3x1 neg

#1x1 TNS 10 sec.

Avg.#3x1 neg

#1x1 TNS 10 sec.

Avg.#3x1 neg

HG 150 x1 TNS 10 sec.

2004#3 x 1 neg

HG 150 x1 TNS 10 sec.

All in all good day and signs for looking good for this coming Monday. I just want my neck to get better as I want nothing holding me back as I go in for slamming that Avg.#3 of mine in a way it's never been slammed before :yikes Stay strong all

Great job on the PR's! :)

mad props on the PRs BigT..you deserve them with the work load you put in. hope you got that certification too; one more step closer to the MMO. i'm putting out some skyward shout-outs for your mother too (she sounds like a tough cookie..she'll get through this fine). god's strength be with you, and keep grippin hard

Great job on the PRs Big T. Nice workout, strong crush on the BBE Neg! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

pc

Big T my friend and Brother in Christ,

Your mother will surely be in my prayers along with the other prayer warriors that have united on your mothers behalf and of course the rest of your family including you will have a special prayer sent up from this man.

As far as your training and the accomplishments you are achieving so rapidly I know that this strength is just but one of the "out of this world" gifts he has blessed you with.

Keep the faith my brother, as he is strongest when we are at our weakest. :inno Please continue the positive attitude oriented outlook and smart intensity training!

GATOR :D

Hey all, thanks to all the guys for their kind words.

Jad: thank you buddy

Pdoire: thank you I'll get consistent

Dutch: Appericate it my friend, I'll be on that ladder when I can, once I get on I want to see you killing that MM1 :D

Stalwart: I love pr's too!

Diesel: Thank you for your prayers, my mom has been fighting all year with prayes from you guys I try not to worry to much

Pork Chop: That BBE is tough, I'll close it one day w/ 1 hand I tell ya ;)

Gator Grip: Your great, if God ever had a modern Christain warrior you'd be it, your strength in him is a truly remarkable gift :bow I Hope to use my gifts for good in the world as I continue to train to reach my full potential wich I know I haven't even begun to grasp :laugh

My mom is doing a little better. I'm just watching her closely at the moment. I will definitely rest some from the grippers this week as test day yesterday didn't go so hot I just think I need a rest with all that's going on. I will be back Monday ready to go and ready to post. I haven't had a week's rest or so since April or so so I think I need to recharge. The way HG 300 cert went down the way it did, let me know things are going good and in theright direction. I remember some advice Clay gave me, "might just be time to rest, when he was after the #3 he tried all the time to close it too much he said. After some rest he hasn't missed it since and also closed the #4, who am I too argue :)

I'll be training 4 days a week starting next week and putting an extra rest day in on Wed. and I think that along with the rest this week will make a major difference. Big T is getting pumped up and awaiting this coming Monday, all my grippers better be shaking in fear as I'm coming :rock:rock:rock

Do It Up T!!

it's gripper burning time :flame

btw, awesome video with that catch-and-crush HG300...that was pretty smooth man. as somebody else had put it, it is nice to see the faces behind the names of the people we talk with daily.

can't wait to hear about that gripper killing. rock it out.

nick

Hey all, thanks to all the guys for their kind words.

Jad: thank you buddy

Pdoire: thank you I'll get consistent

Dutch: Appericate it my friend, I'll be on that ladder when I can, once I get on I want to see you killing that MM1 :D

Stalwart: I love pr's too!

Diesel: Thank you for your prayers, my mom has been fighting all year with prayes from you guys I try not to worry to much

Pork Chop: That BBE is tough, I'll close it one day w/ 1 hand I tell ya ;)

Gator Grip: Your great, if God ever had a modern Christain warrior you'd be it, your strength in him is a truly remarkable gift :bow  I Hope to use my gifts for good in the world as I continue to train to reach my full potential wich I know I haven't even begun to grasp :laugh 

My mom is doing a little better. I'm just watching her closely at the moment. I will definitely rest some from the grippers this week as test day yesterday didn't go so hot I just think I need a rest with all that's going on. I will be back Monday ready to go and ready to post. I haven't had a week's rest or so since April or so so I think I need to recharge. The way HG 300 cert went down the way it did, let me know things are going good and in theright direction.  I remember some advice Clay gave me, "might just be time to rest, when he was after the #3 he tried all the time to close it too much he said. After some rest he hasn't missed it since and also closed the #4, who am I too argue  :) 

I'll be training 4 days a week starting next week and putting an extra rest day in on Wed. and I think that along with the rest this week will make a major difference.  Big T is getting pumped up and awaiting this coming Monday, all my grippers better be shaking in fear as I'm coming :rock  :rock  :rock

They will be after they saw that catch and squeee you did to the other fellow!

Diesel...thanks I'm glad I put that HG 300 to the test.

Dannyboy...I would love if my Mm0 cert went that way buddy :D

All and all thanks guys. This board with all of you guys is great. I'm on the heavy grips site now and certed with ease ;) Now all my attention will be on the Mm0 and putting that Avg.#3 of mine away :laugh My 2004 #3 is my main goal as that is the first #3 I ever bought and tried to close I was as close as 3/8 inches months ago no choker, I haven't tried without a choker in a while... The day I close that #3 , Jad buddy I lent it to you and you know the beast as we call it is a monster but you slayed it with ease and I hope to slay it next :yikes Onwards and upwards my friends to the Mm0 :rock

Edited by BigT

Congrats on the HG300 cert bro, you'll have the MM0 in no time. :rock

Big T,

Holy Sh**

Great job with th HG 300 cert, you blew it away!!

OK, enough so its time to count to three IM1, IM2, IM3....GO!!!!

Big T,

Holy Sh**

thanks P.D. just a feat I decided to perform on the spot.

Today I did some overall strength training in the morning followed by my grip when I got off work.

JAG:

R-#2 fully turned for 9 reps pr

L-#1 fully turned for 10 reps

Smooth Out Negs w/ a 2-3 sec. holdsw/ plastic thin gloves to keep my hands protected from going all out on negs(read it in captains of crush book from Joe Kinney) * also plastic glove is very thin and I can still get a good feel and grip on the gripper

R-#4 (1/4 to close on first neg this is my 2005#4 not sure about spread but it's a beast) 15 total negs (I stopped at this number because as soon as I can't do my negs and hold them the way I like I move on) ( I always try to get more every week and push this number up no matter what :laugh

L-elite same number on the negs

The rest had me set some new pr's at least my left hand is getting the #2 now , that left is something else but it's coming on strong now :D

Take care all and stay strong :rock

Big T,

Holy Sh**

Today I did some overall strength training in the morning followed by my grip when I got off work.

JAG:

Smooth Out Negs w/ a 2-3 sec. holdsw/ plastic thin gloves to keep my hands protected from going all out on negs(read it in captains of crush book from Joe Kinney) * also plastic glove is very thin and I can still get a good feel and grip on the gripper

R-#4 (1/4 to close on first neg this is my 2005#4 not sure about spread but it's a beast) 15 total negs (I stopped at this number because as soon as I can't do my negs and hold them the way I like I move on) ( I always try to get more every week and push this number up no matter what :laugh

The rest had me set some new pr's at least my left hand is getting the #2 now , that left is something else but it's coming on strong now :D

if you can close your #2 with JAG fully tightened on it your closer to teh 3 than you think big guy. good job! :mosher

JAG:

R-#4 (1/4 to close on first neg this is my 2005#4 not sure about spread but it's a beast) 15 total negs (I stopped at this number because as soon as I can't do my negs and hold them the way I like I move on) ( I always try to get more every week and push this number up no matter what 

The rest had me set some new pr's at least my left hand is getting the #2 now , that left is something else but it's coming on strong now 

Take care all and stay strong 

glad to see you are still going strong T. keep it up man. were you trying for MMO soon?

Big T,

Holy Sh**

JAG:

if you can close your #2 with JAG fully tightened on it your closer to teh 3 than you think big guy. good job! :mosher

Thanks buddy, I will add JAG to my BBSM this coming week to really put the heat on again :D

JAG:

R-#4 (1/4 to close on first neg this is my 2005#4 not sure about spread but it's a beast) 15 total negs (I stopped at this number because as soon as I can't do my negs and hold them the way I like I move on) ( I always try to get more every week and push this number up no matter what 

The rest had me set some new pr's at least my left hand is getting the #2 now , that left is something else but it's coming on strong now 

Take care all and stay strong 

glad to see you are still going strong T. keep it up man. were you trying for MMO soon?

for me doing the Mm0 either on my birthday or before would make a great present this week we'll see bud!

15 negatives with a #4 is about 14 more than I like to do, great job :bow

Thanks I wish I could say they were all closed :laugh I will push this even more next week doing my negs this way and pushing my limits :cool

Thanks all who post in my log who keep me going sometimes. Alot in my personal life is going down so the training aint been all that this week but I'm looking toward a real break out week this week as I did the best I could this previous week. The Mm0 is definitely on my mind more than ever, when I get that cert I swear I'm gonna scream on video :rock

Great stuff BigT!

Keep it up!

Thank you, man. I'm gonna rest tommorow and all. My hands are tired from work but I still worked out anyway.

Morning workout:

Choker squeezes:

R-2004#3 5-10 singles

L-hard filed #2 5-10 singles

* I just explode on these and focuss on getting explosive overall in my crush here. Next week I want the elite in a choker, I want something really heavy to push myself.

Late Afternoon workout:

JAG(adds upwards of 40 pounds to a gripper)

R- BBSM(a few turns)

L- filed BBM (a few turns) tired and close on both though.

Smooth Out Negs (holding for 2-3 seconds):

R- #4 30 negs....since I didn't have a good workout today I feel I pushed these to the limit and I must say this I've got to give myself a :rock it was tough. I add more negs every week and push myself Joe Kinney style and add more reps every time no matter what :blink

L-elite 30 negs...got 1 negative crush here so I'm happy with that.

All and all I'm gonna rest up and keep moving I'm doing straps before bed to work on the closes and everything going smooth I will talk in detail about what I do in the weeks to come I'm just experimenting a little on some things. To all, stay strong :rock:rock:rock

As for the #3 that sucker is starting to feel easier by the week :laugh

Edited by BigT

Ben, Pdoire, and Geo...thanks guys you guys keep me going. Man, mom is sick again I had to leave work early as she started bleeding internally again :blink She's on bed rest for now and I will keep a good watch on her. This year has been a rough year on me personally. Keeping with my training though, all is going pretty good. Yesterday's workout

JAG(adds upwards of 40 pounds of pressure):

R- BBSMw/ JAG (5 turns)soooooooooo close 3/16's of an inch really lower This 2005 BBSM has a 3 inch spread and is nasty but I almost had that sucker and with JAG on it, it makes that BBSM even tougher :dry

L-filed BBMw/ JAG(5 turns) same almost had this sucker to.

Negative Crush Attemptsw/ gloves:

R-#4 as many as I can stand...this 2005#4 is tough

L-elite got one Negative crush here :D

* I must mention when I do these negs no bodyweight is added I just push against my chin slightly in my unique cool style :whistel and push I keep this negs pretty strict

All in all, I'm keepin on keeping on :rock

• 2 weeks later...

so far enjoying reading everyone's log and I'm just trying out different things in my training. I keep getting stuck consistently now at the last 1/8 inches on my #3 :angry: pretty much every time At least I'm consistent with that :D All and all I will dominate that sucker one day, hitting it was so nice in the past :D That unmarked brick HG 400 is getting real close which I've never closed before. Currently I'm mixing in high volume and heavier strap holds etc. All and all just keeping on keeping on :dry Stay strong all

Edited by BigT