Big T's Log

BigT

Hey Big T,

Im a real everyday kinda guy ( apart from my part time hobby of being a superhero love god to the ladies but we wont talk about that now). After watching the vid and never trying a HG300 I foolishly thought 'nice trick'.......... and thought no more of it.

This weekend I purchased a HG300 just to add to my collection and it certainly takes ALOT MORE grip than I ever thought. I then watched the vid again, now the real reaction comes out......VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!! That certainly is a tough cookie, especially when you combine pop/catch/crush. Closing mine up in a choker at the moment.....but the whole popping, catching and grinding aint happening for now....

me thinks you flamed grilled that gripper

Good luck with the MM0, I'll be chasing the HG300 for the meantime :rock

Play on player

Rydini prince of crush

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• Geo

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big T,

Im a real everyday kinda guy ( apart from my part time hobby of being a superhero love god to the ladies but we wont talk about that now). After watching the vid and never trying a HG300 I foolishly thought 'nice trick'.......... and thought no more of it.

This weekend I purchased a HG300 just to add to my collection and it certainly takes ALOT MORE grip than I ever thought. I then watched the vid again, now the real reaction comes out......VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!! That certainly is a tough cookie, especially when you combine pop/catch/crush. Closing mine up in a choker at the moment.....but the whole popping, catching and grinding aint happening for now....

me thinks you flamed grilled that gripper

Good luck with the MM0, I'll be chasing the HG300 for the meantime  :rock

Play on player

Rydini prince of crush

watzd...thanks man, the reactions to my catch&pop 300 close have been great. I'm glad I set a goal for some to achieve in the future :laugh You'll have that HG 300 in no time buddy and let me know when you close it. The Mm0 is still on my mind and I will take that bad boy down one day :rock

Edited by BigT

I'm sorry to hear your mom is sick.. Hope she gets better soon

Geo: Thanks my mom is feeling much better and stronger now. Your right Geo I'm still training and still eyeing that #3 :laugh

Dutch: thank you too, good to hear from yeah

Todays workout

Choker Squeezes(I just put the gripper in the choker and explode as explosively as possible)

R-elite (moving it more each time :yikes )

L-Avg.#3 (it looked like it moved :rolleyes )

Afteroon workout:

JAG(adds upwards of 40 pounds to gripper):

R-3 inch spread 2005 BBSMw/JAG (alot of turns)...1/8 inches off pr

L-filed BBM w/ JAG (alot of turns)...less than 3/16 inches so low I couldn't fit a dime between the handles...good pr

Negs w/gloves 2-3 sec. or close(to protect my hands as I push to the limit)(no set number but I will from now push as much as possible to let these negs out until my hand is opened up by the gripper completly never did that before)

R-2005 #4 spread well over 3 inches not sure how much exactly...I finally got a full negative crush with this beast :rock I manged to click the handles a few times and hold it pretty good. I've never done this before so I'm real happy about this. I'm definitely getting stronger and that would explain why the gap on all my goal grippers HG 400 and closing my Avg.#3 is coming down I think and definitely my sweep is improving.

L-elite got a full negavtive crush here with relative ease. Not bad I think.

7 total negs for both as I got more but I don't count the ones that aren't quality and aren't held enough for where I let my hand be opened up by the gripper fighting all the way.

Great workout, my BBSM with the full load of JAG which I'm getting closer to closing is well above my #3 in strength maybe even approaching my 2004#3 which I've talked about in my log before :blink

Great day, that #4 looks great closed :D

stay strong all :rock

Nice workout BigT....keep it up!!

your workouts are going nicely by the look of things. keep it up. hope all is well at the home front as well bro.

Edited by showlarson

• 4 weeks later...
your workouts are going nicely by the look of things.  keep it up.  hope all is well at the home front as well bro.

Thanks Show Big T is back. My computer had a stinkin virus. It shut down my whole computer and thank God its running for now. :) For the past 5 weeks I've done a few things that have ramped up my crush real good. I worked on my form by doing a heavy volume program for the last 1/4 to 1/8 inches on the Trainer on up to my HG 400. When I got to the HG 400 I repped that beast real good :D I've never closed it before but some people I remember told me that some of the unmarked HG 400's like mine are around a #3....it aint that far behind though :phone Blob work has been fun. I ordered a 22.5 york&a 30 york and they're great. I also have a 17.5 loadable hex I have fun with. York blobs are so much tougher than the hexes, my yorks are slippery and very roundish making them hard. I'm having fun going after my 30 york and all. Strap holds and working my ring and pinky finger and training 3 times daily, man I'm exhausted. My avg.#3 is going good and at least my attempts are consistent at times:laugh IT all depends on my energy and me just chilling out and not looking at the #3 label on the gripper and just laying the crush down ;) I'm starting work on a program from handgripper man to help me bring down my very hard 2004 #3....Jad tried it and let me know "just as hard as MM1 at the close" Me and him called it the beast :yikes Well I only call it the beast as he dominated that #3 with ease. I haven't tried that 2004 #3 in a long time as my best a long time ago was around 3/8 inches hopefully it will be closer this time

I'll be posting again soon, stay strong :rock

Hey all everything is going good. My main program that I used was 3 times a day and throwing york blobs in before bed 4 days a week. No blobs or such now though. I've been resting and now doing handgripper man's routine at current!

10 attempts a day at hard gripper I can set but can't close

Morning

5 attempts R-2004#3 1/4 of an inch pr

5 attempts L-filed #2 did okay on

Night

5 attempts R-2004#3 major pr 3/16 of inch almost thought I had closed it but a close it was not praise God I thought it was almost there :bow:bow:bow

5 attempts L-filed #2 not bad on it's moving

Dexerity balls

working balls upside down real tough exercise

Extensors(rail, I hang my hand over my bed rail and really burn my extensors up)

2 setsx20-25 R-20,20 pr an increase there

L-15,15 close but left hand slipped some

TTK negs

5x1 using very little to no body english and trying to keep it all thumbs and strict

15,20,25,30,35..almost got the 35 but it just didn't stick.

Very good workout ,I think from resting from my normal routine and doing handgripper man's routine now andhaving improved my set form in a big way things are falling. I can't wait to nail this hard #3 as I have discussed in my log so I can move on to the elite. My crush is now moving and Big T is back :rock:rock:rock

Edited by BigT

Come on Big T,

Stay around this time..miss seeing your workouts man!!

Come on Big T,

Stay around this time..miss seeing your workouts man!!

sorry bud, computer virus. It seems the goal gripper I chose was to light for the program your not so supposed to be able to nearly close it. Oh well, tommorow is the elite man :blink ...I never thought I could even look at this gripper for a few years :laugh God is good :bow:bow:bow

Great workout! :rock

Thanks buddy today's workout

10 attempts done in same workout out now every time so working out once a day

R-elite ...man this thing is tough :blink I'm on my 3rd day straight and 2nd day with this thing

L-BBSM ...my left is moving along pretty good one day it'll be close to my right again :)

Thumbs:

Two 35's negs ...broke off ground easily but fingers slippery some pr for me though earlier this year couldn't do this at all so I'm happy. Thumb strength takes real time and patience I notice. Plus I'm no Wade at Pinch :laugh I don't train pinch as hard as grippers either :laugh

Two 25's negs...till exhausted and can't move them really clamping down on it and working that thumb pad good

Extensors:

expand your hand bands start with red band and work on down

Dexerity:

broom stick twirl w/ 2.5 pounds good weight for now as I'm just getting back into dexerity exercises as I'm chilling on blobs for now but will get back at those soon...exericise is simple as it sounds putting weight on end of broomstick and twirling modified it from Brookfield's book. Works overall hands and covers my last two digits real important!

My lower arms on fire with this routine and my crush is absolutely exhausted after the 10 attempts. Doing these attempts with everything I've got is tough. I have 3 more days of this and then I get to rest, thank god :D All and all I'm happy with my progress and I have 3 more weeks of handgripperman's program and then I should be ready for MM0 and GM1 cert...there definitely on my mind

Great job!  How close are you on the Elite?

thanks buddy, as for looking in on the elite test day comes after the program is over in 3 more weeks. Last week for the hell of it on the 6th day straight of training I got it down to 1 inch no choker :rock I don't know if that' s good or not love to hear opinions remember I was tired when I did this attempt so I have no idea what I can do at this point...but I will try to have someone rate it before max out week in a few weeks. This elite is something else :blink

Week 2

Negs:

10 attempts

R-#4

L-super elite

In my past program I did my negs w/ gloves and w/out gloves things will be getting interesting this time :D

Thumbs:

sets ISG negs pos.1&3 45 pounds pr will increase

Extensors(rail extensions):

2x20-25 R-25,25 pounds no increase there

L-15,15 pr increase

Dexerity:

Towel roll-ups 6 1/4 pounds no increase, my thumb when I press into the towel is cut from work earlier so I bled some but I moved that sucker real good tonight...all well that ends well

Other than that training this week is all negs for 5 more days and then I can't wait to have back at my elite right now I'm trying this modified KTA type style deal and can't wait till my body adapts ;) Stay strong all

Edited by BigT

Really good workouts BigT Definately getting stronger!

Apperciate it Geo. Next week is the last week of Handgripperman's program. Yesterday's workout...

10 attempts holding each for 5 sec. :

R-elite

L-BBSM

Didn't do very good my hands are just so tired. Elite is starting to feel easy on the set at least:laugh BBSM for my left wasn't to bad.

Thumbs:

Pony Clamp negs 39 rubber bands a pr here

Extensors:

expand your hand ironmind bands working up to red band hardest one and repping that

Dexerity:

ironmind dexerity balls rotating balls upside down now to further strength my hands and increase their dexerity all in one

My hands are sore but I'm still keeping on keeping on. Memories of KTA coming back :laugh All and all just waiting for my hands to adapt. I'm going on now 3 straight weeks of 6 days a week training with one days rest and I have one more week to go until I earn some hard earned rest :happy Until then my elite for my right hand and BBSM for my left better be shaking because come test day I'm bringing it :rock:rock:rock

Last day of Week 3 of Handgripperman's program, last week starts this coming week.

10 attempts:

R-elite

L- BBSM

Did better on elite yesterday got it down to just about 1/2 inch no choker :bow it took me about 2 weeks to get down from 1 inch to 1/2 inch :)

Pr today for my left I got BBSM down to 1/2 inch maybe lower :mosher

Thumbs:

sets 2 inch Pony clamp negs w/ 43 rubber bands, I have so many bands on that thing :laugh

Extensors:

sets Ironmind expand your hand bands

Dexerity:

IM dexerity balls

All and all training going good after next week I will rest one week and then it will be test day on the elite. I've messin wit my #3 a little bit and its feeling easy :rock

Last day of Week 3 of Handgripperman's program, last week starts this coming week. 

10 attempts:

R-elite

L- BBSM

Did better on elite yesterday got it down to just about 1/2 inch no choker :bow it took me about 2 weeks to get down from 1 inch to 1/2 inch :) 

Pr today for my left I got BBSM down to 1/2 inch maybe lower :mosher 

Thumbs:

sets 2 inch Pony clamp negs w/ 43 rubber bands, I have so many bands on that thing :laugh

Extensors:

sets  Ironmind expand your hand bands

Dexerity:

IM dexerity balls

All and all training going good after next week I will rest one week and then it will be test day on the elite.  I've messin wit my #3 a little bit and its feeling easy :rock

Good work! Also time for a 3" or 4" Pony! ;)

BIG T,

You are cooking with gas in increasing your crushing strength. Keep up that program because you are smoking those grippers like a cheap cigar. :rock

GATOR

BIG T,

You are cooking with gas in increasing your crushing strength. Keep up that program because you are smoking those grippers like a cheap cigar. :rock

GATOR

Thank you Gator I'm cooking now. I think training my crush 3 times daily on my regular program and overtraining and then reducing training to 1 time a day is what's bringing me up in a hurry ;)

Geo: this elite looks doable now :laugh

Stalwart: Hopefully I can afford to get one soon :dry

Today is day 1 of 6 days straight of the last week of Handgripperman's program man my hands are tired.

10 negatives:

R-#4 pr I got my first neg w/out gloves and clicked the handles :bow

L-Super elite pr here I got a few negs out of this one :phone

Getting my 2005#4 is a big deal. The spread on that is well over 3 inches :blink

Thumbs:

TTK negs 5x1 15,20,25,30,35 pounds...man just ran out of steam at 35 almost got that bugger :whistel

Extensors:

Outerlimit loops holds for 30 sec.

R-30 pounds pr

L-20 pr

Dexerity:

Towel roll-ups 6 1/4 pounds...that weight is moving good, the exercise is harder than it looks and really challenges my hands good and builds overall strength, a john brookfield goodie :laugh

Right now the focuss is on training and busting my butt on these negs. I can get the #4 to parallel pretty easy now andthat thing is moving real good now beyond even that, Early this year I couldn't get it to parallel unless I had two hands :blush 5 more intense days and then I will rest for one week and test on my elite and wait...looks like it's time to get ready for MM0 guys :D Big T is coming :rock:rock:rock

Brutal workouts Big T :bow

Man what to say lessons learned...

I took a vid and sent it to Wanna and was quickly sent back to earth when he pointed out my faults :laugh I need to make sure my hand is closer to the camera and set more clearly and dont' use my super lightning close w/out pausing for ya guys :blush All and all I was off anyway but now I know I need to work on doing MM sets when I finish up this program this week. My closes were I guess maybe too deep but I'm watching vids of others on the site and will be ready next time. Can't wait to rest up my hands are sore and I'm tired burt not out of gas yet :) today's session which I'll do and then 3 more sessions and I get to rest for a week thank god :bow

Stay strong all and now I just keep to keep dreaming of being a MM0 and getting my behind into gear ;)

Edited by BigT

MM0 is right around the corner for you Big man! No worries here! I missed your log for a while, and after reading it, you are making progress bro' :rock