Big T's Log

BigT

This summer has definitely been interesting to say the least. Recently I did a modified version of High volume by Greg and Dave and to my surprise I've lost the feel when I set the heavier grippers in poistion. So now I will be attending on to my own routine which will be focussed on consistency with my Avg.#3 and overall strength.

Today's morning workout R-right hand L-left hand (I'm very weak in the mornings and keep everything much lower gripper wise as I'm on point I feel around the mid afternoon and on)

Goal Gripper Attempts:

1 attempt Avg. #3-R , easy #2-L

Negs:

1 ISG(Ivanko super gripper) 285-R, 204-L

Overcrushes:

1 OC filed BBM 12 sec., #1 10 sec. (very slow count used when doing these intense overcrushes) (Since I got 10 sec. or more I will add another set of overcrushes and once I get 20 sec. I will increase the gripper itself, until then I add as many sets as necessary to get stronger)

Tonight

Goal Gripper Attempts:

2 attempts Avg.#3-R, easy #2-L

2 Overcrushes/ 2 Negs(one alternate w/ another:

hard filed #2,#4 &easy #2/elite-R filed BBM/ Avg. #3, filed #1/Avg.#3-L

*I missed both OC's with the right hand due to a few setting mishaps and my hard filed #2 has a 4 inch spread due to me hitting the spring w/ a hammer a long time ago dont' ask but it's a real challenge now :laugh

** I'm getting closer to getting a Negavite overcrush on my #4 and nailed the elite pretty easy on my negative and will focuss on holding that negative and letting it go real slowly and just holding it with one hand and really putting an emphasis on that negative. My focuss is just nailing these OC's next time and all. Left hand nailed all the negs but didn't nail the OC's either. Not the best day I guess.

TNS:

#1-R, HG 150-L ( just picking up from table and squeeze period not even adjusting in hand period going all out)

Ponies:

2 inch clamp just did sets till I couldn't move the clamp any.

That's all for today, I'm gonna go with this on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and have another program I will do on Tuesday and Thursdays with chokers and such to focuss on getting stronger at the close. Have a good one guys.

Big T is back :rock:rock:rock

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• Geo

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Good to see you are back in business :rock Good luck with your training and all, and get that MM0!!

Off to great start again Big T..looking good!

Good work, I know you said not to but I gotta know what happend with the #2 and the hammer :D

My overall strength routine for my grip, I want to build more strength overall and am using David Horne's beginner program.

Morning

3 sets 1. Two hand Pinch lift w/ gloves two 25's (these are chrome slicked plates that are iron cast and extremely slippery but all I have)

3 sets 2. Finger Curls w/ any olympic bar 45, 95, 95(weights in pounds) best set was 12 reps and all. It's a very new and unique exercise that is said to help people starting out not using the set technique...it definitely makes my crush more explosive I feel and can't wait to see the results after doing this for a while)

3 sets 3. Two hand wrist curl(thumbs under bar makes it very tough I can do way more weight with my thumb on top but the strictness and tightness in my wrists I felt from the blood being pumped was crazy) 95 pounds used all sets I will do much better next time and best was 9 reps but very very very strict :phone and I've been training those grippers too much..they're addictive :whistel

3 sets 4. Reverse wrist curls (very strict and I was dead tired when getting to this exercise) 45 pounds was more than enough

Grippers at night ( I will do this routines on Tuesday and Thursdays focussing on my drive at the close and my strength in the last two digits)

Choker attempts set at 2 inches:

all out sets R- 2004 #3 (very tough, a friend of mine near the #4 knows the toughness I speak of, this one is dead on the MM1 maybe even tougher overall I want to close this one bad one day and I will ;) (very happy with the way things went I moved it quite a bit)

all out sets L- BBSM (a good start for my left in bringing it up did okay)

I will measure the distances the next time out on how I'm doing that way

JAG: (is placed on my #2 and adds more poundage to the gripper like my easy #2 gets around a BBSM maybe more, as I nail reps I will turn the dial another turn until it's at the highest setting) Hard to explain but I'm giving it a try

R-#2 (1/8 inches and will turn the JAG more once I get this last bit, very happy with my first day on this)

L-#2( I need to find some hose clamps to adjust JAG on my #1 for my left hand in the future I guess, my left will have to deal for a while)

Choker OC's

all out sets R- crazy hard filed #2( moved it a tremendous amount but a 4 inch spread, tough as my BBSM I feel maybe even tougher at times :erm )

L-filed BBM ( did good with my left to, almost got it)

2 finger negs using ISG:

R&L - 45 will use more next time for my right but I kept them very strict and repped out using whatever range of motion I could when tired) Very good exercise and one I will stick to for this week at least

All in all my friends I'm feeling very tired at the moment but can't wait to reap the results of my new program. Just using something differnt high intensity low volume I call it for now. That MM0 and COC#3 are all I think about. Game plan now, get that 2004 #3 in a choker set at 2 inches and nail my Avg. #3 for reps. I want that MM0 but will wait until I feel I'm consistent enough to really kill things. Stay strong all and know Big T is coming :rock:rock:rock

You ain't messin around, that's a heck of a workout :bow

thanks buddy the intensity as gone up even more since this.

Morning workout sucked no sleep due to job drug test and family staying at the house.

Night workout

Goal Gripper: (none for both tonight really off)

R- Avg.#3

L-Easy #2

Overcrushes/Negs:

R-easy #2/#4 , easy #2/elite (good strong overcrush on my #2 was highlight of the day I just held it there good and doing my slow counts which I do, once I get a slow count of 10 I add another set of Overcrushes and negatives superstetted) (negatives with #4 getting easier no close yet but can move it down consitenty on my worse days to 1 inch easy)

L-filed#1/2004 #3, filed #1/Avg.#3 (did a good negative w/ my 2004 #3 and no OC's at all)

TNS:

R-#1 (new Pr of 7) L-HG 150 (9 matched my best) *remember I pick up from the table from each one and don't set at all in my hand and just crunch the gripper like a potato chip

Late night:

R-#2 no set attempts, #3 Credit Card attempts, #3 set attempt (not even close :)

L- filed #1 no set attempts, #2 CC attempts, #2 set attempt (none either)

I will do this every Mon, Wed, Fri to really get my confidence up and push my hands. I can see the results as I almost no setted my #2 pretty easy during my Wu. On Tues and Thur late night I do #2 no attempts. No set attempts are really good for building up extra strenght at the close I believe and things are moving quite nicely I feel with my training. I read about another COC#3 doing #2 reps before bed and he eventually slammed a 2004#3 no set during his cert so I'm going the extra mile and getting stronger for it.

Notes:

My hands have been tired every day after Tuesday pretty much. My overall strength routine on Tuesday and Thursday is really tough work plus grippers 5 days a week. Also doing grippers 3 times a day my hands are trained but in the end things will pay off. I can't wait to see how I'm doing next week and all. My set form still sucks at I always have problems relaxing and not stressing as I try to get my fingers in this postion and that. That's why I do no set work at night eventually I'll get so strong I won't have to worry about setting so much, I'll just crush it anyway ;) Take care all and god bless

...He definitely isn't messing around. Do it to it T!! Bring em down baby!

i'm having a good time reading this log (that excitement fires me up for my workouts)..your approach sounds good. keep at it and let us know how it goes.

the MMO waits to be destroyed. send her on home, buddy

nick

Man things are going great guys. First of all Diesel...glad you love reading the log and glad my workouts fire you up. That MM0 could be any day now, I just want to really dominate things my friend. P.D....I will attack things like I do every day buddy 24/7!

Yesterday pretty good a good Pr for me, I will now start using my #2 for OC's in the morning. I'm very weak in the mornings and this is a big accomplishment for me.

Notes: I will do my overall strength routine on Thursday only and added another Choker workout today to help my overall strength on grippers. Today was Pr's everywhere.

Morning workout:

Choker attempts set 2 inches/Negs(no setting at all) sets to exhausting alternated:

R- 2004 #3/ #4 (these were a beast that #4 in the morning is a monster let me tell yeah :blink)

L- filed #2/2004 #3

Choker strapholds set at 2 inches w/ a thick strap goal 10 sec.:

(1) R-filed #2 (remember has 4 inch spread and hard) 1 washer Pr nailed

(1) L-filed BBM 1 washer Pr nailed

* I use a thick strap because it's hard at the close and I'm rather add resistance each time again and build up my strength at the close then try for a thin strap and not add weight. Once I can do good on a thick strap then the next move is a thin strap till I move to the next gripper. I haven't heard or seen anybody doing this but will monitor this technique. This Tuesday workout morning session will be a time that I use to change things if I wish so don't hold me to anything just thinking but those straps felt good.

Night Workout:

Choker attempts set at 2 inches:

(3) R- 2004 #3 (had it measured and got it down to 3/4 of an inch maybe lower from a 2 inch set but I held it there at 3/4 iof an inch real good :bow , major Pr I wasn't really moving it that much last week but I'm really moving it in the choker) (This #3 is a very hard one and possibly a tad bit harder than the MM1 a friend of mine suggested that I trust so I was very happy with this)

(3) L-filed #2 (moved it some but not much that' s a beast)

JAG(on my #2):

(1) R- got it down to 3/16 of an inch getting real close to getting this bad boy,PR there as well

(1) L- had to use it on left as can't fit it on anything smaller nothing much there

Choker attempts(from various postions of 1 to 2 inches) all out sets:

R-Avg.#3 ( real tired at this point and just moved it till couldn't move no more)

L-#2 (same thing)

2 finger Negs w/ ISG:

R- 64 new Pr (repped it to, last two digits getting strong now and will help me push at the close on grippers very good PR, I'm increasing every workout now on this, and am just going with the flow)

L- 56 (just missed it but will have it next workout)

Late night:

R- #2 no set attempts

L-filed #1 no set attempts

Overall guys getting stronger all the time and as for my CC attempts I do on Mon. Wed. and Fri. ...last night I moved it real good and moving right along on that one :mosher This hard training is paying off and as long as I'm getting stronger then I know I'm doing things right. Take care all and stay strong :rock:rock:rock

great workout T...just another stepping stone overcome. keep it bud!

nick

Thats a lot of hard work Big T...it will be yours soon!

Man, you are like the "mad gripping scientist" keep up the good work buddy!!

diesel...thanks buddy getting my Avg.#3 again and slamming it is a goal I will have!

Pdoire...thanks I'm working hard as I don't know what know but it's fun and I'm getting stronger, my program is intense.

Geo...I'm mixing things up and just loving the grippers at the moment I didn't realize how many workouts you could do with grippers now.

Dutch...buddy, "mad gripping scientist" is a great nickname for me at the moment I have much more I want to do and grippers is just the start of where I plan to use my creativity in :laugh

Thursday:

Overalll grip routine:

3 sets 1. Two hand Pinch lift w/ gloves Two 25's( very slick and iron cast as I've said and I'm doing great with those I focuss on just squeezing them with my thumbs as hard as I can and using as pure thumb strength as possilbe should move on to two 35's soon with gloves very tough lift)

3 sets 2. Finger curls w/ an olympic bar 65, 115(16), 115(21) Pr's here big time I increased the weight from 95 to 115 and felt good slow cramps with this one it will help my crushing strength for sure. I will do anothe surge in weight again moving right along

3 sets 3. Two hands wrist curl thumbs under bar(I do these strictly and with my thumbs under the bar I feel my wrist and forearms tightnen up good exercise)

65, 95, 95 last set I couldn't get bar postion right and just settled for a set of 9 and called it a day)

3 sets 4. Two hands reverse wrist curls 45, 45, 45 got 15 plus reps every set and I will increase on this a pr there.

As for grippers, the 2004 #3 was stiff in a choker yesterday and not budging much and my hard filed #2 didn't move much for my right, quiet night all around.

My hands were sore all day yesterday and cramped some today at my job orientation so David Horne's routine works really good and my conditoning I hope will be pretty good. I want to get into bending and go after the red but first must get that COC#3 cert this year then I will move on from grippers for a while but grippers are addictive though :whistel

The soreness from thursday's workout put a damper on Friday's workouts repeat my hands were cramping some after workouts, great feeling tough letting me know I'm really working but no real Pr's in sight except a few.

Friday Morning

Goal gripper attempts: Negs ISG: Overcrushes:

(1)R-Avg. #3 (none) R-298 (so close) (1)R-#2 (close but no cigar)

(1)L-#2 (none) L-2f14(pr) (1)L-filed #1 (no)

Friday Night

(2)Goal gripper attempts:

R-Avg.#3(real close, closest I've been in a while)

L-#2 (nope)

(2) Overcrushes/Negs:

R-#2/#4, #2/elite, #2/elite, #2 elite ( no OC's real rough #4 feeling easier though :happy )

L-filed #1/2004#3, fliled #1/Avg.#3 (no OC's here)

TNS:

R-#1 (1, That sucked but I did add more negatives to the workout)

L- HG 150(7, not bad)

Ponies:

Two inch clamp to failure

* All and all Monday and Tuesday I do the best but by the third day of my program I'm toast and all. With this program I feel as though I'm really working my hands. I will change things up after next week for a bit and get right back on the program, I can't wait to rest up and adapt some more Monday. My hands are feeling less sore as I type this and I'm feeling great now.

** Yesterday at night I found my set groove again for grippers, thank goodness. It took me a while to find it. After high volume I lost the groove on heavy grippers and just could not get it back it seemed till I started my I expect the Pr's to start really coming now. Big T is back thank God :rock

Glad you're back BigT, keep the PR's coming!

BigT - have you tried dexterity balls?

I try and use them after every workout they REALLY reduce doms and stiffness in the joints afterwards.

Usually after high volume stuff I put on the hand cream to my gripper ravaged hands then use the dexterity balls for 10 mins or so. I usually do it whilst I am sort of having a rest and not doing much after the workout. Right hand dexterity balls spinning round for five minutes-left hand with a cup of coffee. Swap over and repeat!

Mine cost me next to nothing and they really improve the quality of your next workout by rapidly reducing the amount of time it takes for your hands to get back to normal.

Havent tried the finger curl thing yet may give it a try.

Yeah, you are doing great!! You are doing some hard work there, and i am sure it will PAY of well!!

Vice...I'm gonna keep on keepin the Pr's coming in my friend

Blarg...glad you like the workouts

Geo...thanks for tips on Dexerity balls, I'm gonna get serious about recovery training as well to.

Dannyboy...I'm keep on keeping on man

Dutch...I feel the work paying off every week my friend

Morning

Goal Gripper attempts:

R-Avg.#3 (none) ISG Negs:

L-#2 (none) R-298 (pr got it and repped it)

L- 219 (nope)

Overcrushes:

R-#2(dime thickness from getting, I suck in the mornings)

L- filed #1 (8 sec. pr)

* when I use ISG I lead off with that dominant hand and then use the other hand to assist the close slight, I use no body weight or assitance from any other part of the body...these negs are as honest as possible)

* for OC's I do a very slow count on these and just grind handles together that's why the time doesn't sound like much

*last my crush aint good in the moring or under 3 p.m. rather but I kick butt at night

Night workout

Goal gripper attemtps:

(2) R- Avg.#3 (so close I could taste it again)

(2)L-#2 (dimes thickness)

Overcrushes/Negs:

R- #2(15 sec. pr)/#4(nope), #2/elite( so close on getting both),#2/elite(nope)

L-filed #1 (5 pr getting Oc all day)/2004#3(holding longer now), filed #1/avg.#3(nope)

TNS:

#1 (pr for me in getting more reps here)

HG 150 (another pr for me here as well)

*On my Avg.#3 ( the set I'm using is not very deep not at all, so when I do close it again I'll be better off than before when I last closed the #3 so I'm happy I'm getting stronger there and moving) Even though I haven't closed it in a while things are feeling so much easier when I set and go now

* Once I get that slow deep count on my #2 for 20 sec. it's time to move up to my hard filed #2 w/ a 4 inch spread that is not to far under my hard 2005 BBSM at all so overcrushig that will feel great. Instead of moving on to a differengt gripper with the filed #2 though I will just keep filing that in the future, I'm looking forward to OC'ing that once I can get to that level.

Last, every thing is going good. I'm getting stronger all the time. I start my overnight job tonight and will log on when I can, I'll be dead tired tommorow trying to adapt to the new schedule. Take care all and God bless

Great workout! Your #2 has a 4" spread??? :ohmy:ohmy I bet that thing is a beast.

Great workout!  Your #2 has a 4" spread??? :ohmy  :ohmy  I bet that thing is a beast.

Josh: you are so right that thing is a beast. When I can OC that consitently, look out :D

Pdoire:thanks man

First off I just recently thank God was able to let my overnight stocking job go today. By the grace of God I found another job and am feeling better. I've had at most no more than 1-2 hours sleep a day I just can't sleep. I'm surprised I've been able to get any Pr's but I've had some over these past couple of rough days. Yesterday's workout was horrible I have to say except I finally got my 2 inch pony clamp closed w/ 2 thumbs and can now add bands for negatives(what type of bands I have no idea). Today's wasn't bad for a guy who can't sleep I think.

Today

Overall strength routine(morning):

3 setsx10-15 sec. 1. Two hand Pinch lift w/ gloves two 25's(I focuss on pinching by the sides and will move my hands higher on the plates pr there and I squeez purely with thumb strength only for as long as I can and am getting closer to getting them off the ground by the top of the plates)

3 setsx15-20 2. Finger curls w/an olympic bar 65(20),120(20),120(24) Pr I'm increasing these each week now and will add more weight to improve my crush, my hands cramp up real good on this good exercise

3 setsx15-20 3. two hand wrist curls w/ thumbs under olympic bar65(15), 95(15),95(20) pr (these are real strict and as I say focuss is on my wrists only and I've used much more weight w/out this technique but this pumps my wrists like no other

3 setsx15-20 4. two hand reverse wrist curls 50 for all sets and pr got 15 or more reps each set

All pr's in my overall strength I'm very happy to move up in everything

Grippers

Choker Attempts(choked down at 2 inches)

(3) R-2004 #3 got down to 3/8 of inch just above 1/4 of an inch...major Pr :rock I'm moving this beast down and it's feeling easier if easier is possible for the beast I call it now I know I will one day close it choker free ;)

(3) L- filed #2(4 inch moster) moved it some but not alot

JAG: (if know one knows it adds up to 35 additional pounds of pressure to a gripper you can close)

R-#2(close got getting it , still at 2 turns)

L-#1 Pr got it at 3 turns for reps

Choker attempts at various distances:

R-Avg.#3 (too tired here)

L-#2 (close to close so pr)

2 finger Negs:

R-101 (increased by 30 pounds from Tuesday, Pr and did a single)

L-85 (pr repped it for a double)

*all in all I'm feeling good and moving that 2004#3 that far down and getting closer to a close made my day. I'm thinking about doing some low intensity grippers next week and then hitting my routine after that hard again with a few changes. All in all I like the gains my program is making for me. That MM0 will be mine soon enough :laugh