Big T's Log

BigT

congrats on your new job BigT, i dont know how you were able to workout with only a couple hrs sleep a night. Man that must of been rough, but you did it and its done.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• Geo

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

A PR on the #3 and a new job, i see the sun is shining again! What is your new job?

Nice PR and great news on that job..things are looking up Big T!!

All the guys thankyou...I regreat to inform all that having no sleep at all for days I've paid the price. A few blood vessels in my left eye exploded :( ...currently if things clear up then I won't have to go to the doctor my mom says. You can look at my left eye and can tell what happened. Praise God he got me out :bow I haven't started the new job yet but I figure God wants me rest until my eye gets better, I wanted to stay at that job bad but sometimes things go wrong and are a sign. I just ask for a few prayers for my eye...my eye for the moment is feeling a little better :blush

Now on a brighter note I will use the courage to continue my training and not let anything get me down or so I'll try < < This will be back down week and I'm using a program that a board member Porkchop is using. I will train it once a day for a few days and rest for 3-4 days and get my wind back and get ready to pull out all the stops and do knock some of these goals out.

Sunday: nothing happened at all, the program knocked me out what I mean is the intensity is crazy for one workout. Props to Porkchop for Pr's on all the grippers he does as my endurance for grippers sucks and I believe this will help me. I notice that some others who do grippers can go at max grippers multiple times and get near closes where with me I run out of steam and can't get but one near close at max grippers. I'm just having to face I feel that brute strength is good for only so long. With grippers I'm having to face technique errors I didn't care to pay to attention to earlier especially on grippers but am refining it so I can use the full power of crush in the dreaded set...I love no set and TNS better as I dont have to think but just do it yeah know. The set is good I feel because you can close heavier grippers faster and then work up to the brute strength feats I feel like TNS and No set yeah know. Anyway my thoughts on what I'm doing and need to do as I try to get ready for the GM1 cert (TNS narrow BBSM) and get the consistency I've always wanted with the #3(still aint getting the set truly where I want but getting better).

Monday: same workout, a truly crazy one to boot

5xTrainer TNS

1x#1 TNS

1x BBSM TNS

1xAvg.#3

1x 2004 #3

1xAvg.#3

1xHG 400

1x elite neg

1x#2 OC 5 sec.

1x elite neg

1xBBSM neg

1x#1 TNS OC 10 sec.

1xBBSM neg

1x#1 TNS OC 10 sec.

1xBBSM neg

1x#1 TNS OC 10 sec.

1xAvg.#3 Neg

1x#1 TNS OC 10 sec.

20x Trainer TNS

10xyellow band 5 second holds

*all in one workout and I will incorporate into my routine next week it's intense and I like it. This will take me to the end of back down week and I will rest from this and my other training and see the results I've brought from all that I've done...can't wait

Take care guys and stay strong

You'll build your endurance with that workout!!

Take care of those eyes!

Good luck with your eye and your new routine BigT!

. I notice that some others who do grippers can go at max grippers multiple times and get near closes where with me I run out of steam and can't get but one near close at max grippers.

yea i was the same, i used to only have one max attempt in me, Its the way i trained though. (very few sets)

Like paul said that new routine will build your endurenece for sure.

Yeah sometimes I wont get a close until the 6th set or so!

Before I started doing volume stuff it was the first two sets that always were the best but now the best set can come later on.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Jad: the eye is feeling much better man, just needed sleep.

Pdoire: I can't wait to see my endurance next week.

Vice: thanks for the encouragement

Dannyboy: thanks man, I'm sick of having only 1 attempt in me so I'm gonna do more sets as well.

Geo: my goal is to get where your at, and be able to have my best closes come pretty much any time.

The last couple of workouts have been pretty good, I feel my form is getting all the better as I work on grippers more.

I'm gonna rest for about 4 days as I talked to Clay and he gave me a good tip I'd like to share. With the #3 he said it took him a while to get consistent because, "I kept trying all the damn time" so he set it down for a while and picked it up after resting and hasn't missed a #3 since. My thinking is, I haven't rested more than 3 days even after KTA in June and my hands need a rest, my elbows bother me some. I can't wait to see the strength I've been building after this rest, it's always hard for me to rest as I like going all out all the time.

The plans for next week, limit my max attempts and just max out every so often and test. Since I'm weak at grippers I'll still work up to an attempt on the avg.#3 in the morning and since I suck in the morning I don't consider it a max attempt anyway. Once I can close it in the morning then I know my strength is through the roof as I work out early for me, around 9 a.m. or so. I've got some great plans for next week and am looking forward to it. I didn't go at the #3 fresh this week but we'll see how Im doing in a bit after some rest. On a brighter note, my #4 is moving nicely :rock:rock:rock ...not a close anything close but gives me hope for the future as I can this brick finally get moving ;) That made the day for me but I wasn't fresh at that either oh well.

I'll be around watching the logs getting inspired and getting ready for next week. I just need some rest that's all and some rest Big T will get :laugh

Great work Big T!  You're making great progress.

Thanks I'm geared up for tommorow, I haven't had 4 days off in months so I'm pretty pumped up to attack the grippers. Big T is on the move :rock:rock:rock

The focuss now is keeping the intensity high and testing myself again on my Avg.#3 fresh at night either next week or the week after and see if I can get close w/ out a deep set or just under CC set depth.

Morning workout

Negs(ISG in pounds):

(1) R- 323 (repped it easy...pr there :D )

(1) L- 235 (repped it easy...pr there :D )

Goal gripper attemtps (singles until exhausted or closing as far as possible for and holding for 30-60 seconds) today I chose singles until exhausted

R-Avg. #3

L-#2

* Very tiring, I got great cramps in my hands from the exhaustion. I used to do only 1 attempt now I just go all out. Second, I'm always the weakest in the morning which is why I try to always get better because when I can do amazing things in the morning then at night when I'm on , look out. The focuss for this is to start getting stronger on Negs which is why I place them first.

Heavy high volume * the left hand I won't post, trying to bring that bad boy up

R- Trainer x 2 TNS

#1x 1 TNS

#2x1 TNS

BBSMx1

Avg.#3x1

BBSMx1

HG 400x1

elitex1 neg (I'm real tired at this point in the workout so close on this)

filed #1x1 OC 5 sec

elitex1 neg

BBSMx1 neg

#1x1 TNS OC 10 sec.

BBSMx1 neg

#1x1 TNS OC 10 sec.

BBSMx1 neg

HG 150 x 1 TNS OC 10 sec.

Avg.#3 x1 neg

HG 150 x1 TNS OC 10 sec.

Trainerx TNS till exhaustion

* I will be changing grippers for my negs and upping the intensity on a few things, all is good...as for how I did this workout, I dont' know :blink ...haha my hands feel fine guys!

Recovery:

2 inch pony clamp for sets...adding rubber bands now closed it with one band

2 sets x 25-30 Outer Limit Loops R-15 pounds L-10 pounds...pr increase that

Dexerity balls rotating and trying to advance in brookfields books of exercises

* no more extra work at night the intensity I feel is high enough my friends at the moment...Big T is turning it up now :rock

Edited by BigT

Nice work-out, lots of variety in there and lots of different grippers. I've only bought CoC's so far, Trainer thru #3,, but I'm sure I'll be getting other brands too.

I see you've got the same kind of strength disparity in your hands that I do -- like a full level of gripper. That kind of bugs me, for myself, but whadda ya gonna do? That's life, gotta just keep plugging away.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Thats a lot of work..keep going Big T!!

BigT you have some seriously long workouts.  Will you hurry up and cert for MM0!

We're pulling for ya buddy.

Thanks all for the support.

Dannyboy...I want to nail this Avg.#3 again so bad I can taste it one test day. That MM0 is all I think about, I can't wait to get on that MM ladder and will be there soon!

Yesterday's workout

Overall hand strength crushing workout(what I mean is the routine builds overall strength but has major carryover to crush I believe

3 sets x5 Rolling Thunder 70, 90, 110 ( no cheating, or tilting the wrist, or any body movement what so ever at all *Brookfield in the IM book let said that this exericise builds power in the fingers contributing to a stronger squeeze)

45 lb blob negs for sets basically till I can't move it(farmer's walk, 1 hand drag up incline ,Negs(my choice yesterday) * only blob I own from John Brookfield himself and I heard about Bender's success with grippers due to using blobs and am dominating the #3 after the overall strength it brought to the last two digits as

well

Last twp fingers (pinky&ring) various movments I select one from this list two finger plate pinch, ISG negs or reps, levering plates, Titan's telegraph key negs or reps

Titan's telegrah key 3 sets x 15-20 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 5 need to decrease weight to 3 3/4 pounds but other than that great workout and defintely woke me up to the possiblities of new found strength in the last two digits contributing to a more powerful crush

At night

R- JAG on my #2 for two turns 1 set x 6 reps..pr...repped it for 7 and could have gotten more but let the reps out slowly and too far toward the end

L- JAG on my #1 for 6 reps for 4 turns 1 set ..did 10 reps real easy pr

* JAG adds upwards of 40 pounds to a gripper as I turn the dial I increase the pressure on my #2 all the time

Negs till exhausted all out (try to increase by reps every time)

R-#4

L- elite

I made it up to 15 for both and my hands were dead guys. As Joe Kinney said "if you want to get stronger you have to go out and get stronger" The negs will force my body to adapt to extreme loads and no closes on the Negs just getting stronger and training a little a.k.a. Kinney style on Negs...tough workout guys and I mean tough :blink

All in all guys feeling good and hope that others can learn from my intensity and my training as I get ready for all my certs, and believe me when I say Big T is coming :rock:rock:rock

You are trying to train your all around grip..it may take longer to achieve the MMO than if you specialized in grippers alone till then. I know that thickbar work ruins my crush!

You are trying to train your all around grip..it may take longer to achieve the MMO than if you specialized in grippers alone till then. I know that thickbar work ruins my crush!

Thanks P.D., for looking out and all buddy. I have made one change, I won't do the David Horne all around grip program on Thursdays anymore but I will leave my tuesday all around workout with an eye toward crush. After I test after this coming week I'll make any changes that need to be made. Last week until test day, I want get that Avg.#3 again , I've been waiting to crush that again for the longest but I've been getting stronger overall this week and am happy with things.

One good Pr today was on my ISG on the highest setting at 345 I almost got a strict neg, just a pure crush with two hands no pushing the ISG against the knee or anything else for me :laugh Last, finally getting my elite neg consistently which is good that thing is tough as well. For me negs now, I'm now letting out with one hand in the after closing w/ two hands in the past I didn't let it out with one hand and missed out on some great strength benefits I feel. Other than that, I turned my JAG on my #2 more and will be up to 4 turns on Monday and am getting that real good for reps now. I'm eager to rest now and see Monday if I can get that neg on the ISG and all. Since my 3rd spring on my ISG does not fit at all and I'm getting too strong for two springs I'm screwed :( Oh well once I can get that neg then I'll just do the ISG for reps then.

Take care all, one more week of pushing it for me and then it's time to put myself to the test and see if I can rep this Avg.#3 for all it's worth and close my 2004#3 in a choker set at 2 inches so I can then get the choker off my 2004 #3 and well keep moving on up ;) Stay strong all :rock:rock:rock

Edited by BigT

Feeling pretty good today. Last week of full bore training and all. This coming Monday is test day when I go all out on the Avg.#3 fresh and try to put this thing away, I've wanted to close this again for a while :D

Morning

Neg:

R- (1) Pos. 10&12 ISG Neg 345...pr got it...whew what a effort needed in the morning and didn't use any body help what so ever, just a two hand crush :)

L- (1) Pos. 6&12 268...pr for reps

Goal Gripper:

Attempts or close as far as possible and holding for 30-60 seconds...I chose attempts today

R-Avg.#3...the handles moved real easy and smooth a neck injury from Friday started nagging me as I got the handles down for a ride for a morning workout I haven't seen in a while if ever. When my strength is up in the morning, then things are looking real good.

L-#2 ...doing good w/ that!

I list right hand only for the night workout as listing this is real long.

R- Trainer TNSx1

#1x TNSx1

Filed BBM TNSx1

flied #2 x1(4 inch spread) pr...real close to closing this beast of a #2

BBSMx1

filed#2x1 moved this beast again but no close

Avg.#3x1

elitex1 neg...pr grinded handles and held for a sec.

HG 300x1 OC 5 sec....pr got it

elitex1 neg...pr first time getting this second neg right here and I was drained as you can see when I work up to this neg

Avg.#3x1 neg

#1x1 TNS 10 sec.

Avg.#3x1 neg

#1x1 TNS 10 sec.

Avg.#3x1 neg

HG 150 x1 TNS 10 sec.

2004#3 x 1 neg

HG 150 x1 TNS 10 sec.

All in all good day and signs for looking good for this coming Monday. I just want my neck to get better as I want nothing holding me back as I go in for slamming that Avg.#3 of mine in a way it's never been slammed before :yikes Stay strong all

Neg:

R- (1) Pos. 10&12 ISG Neg 345...pr got it...whew what a effort needed in the morning and didn't use any body help what so ever, just a two hand crush :)

THats a strong crush on that Neg!! No bodyweight..wow! Great job Big T!!

Neg:

THats a strong crush on that Neg!! No bodyweight..wow! Great job Big T!!

Thanks P.D., coming from a strong guy like you that means alot! This week has been pretty rough on all guys. My mom just had another blood transfusion due to her left lung failing. Not to mention last night her finger caught a bad infection and today she had to have it cut open. She's home right now and being her happy usual self. Tonight in her honor I sent my recert for the HG 300 as the certs stopped last time after I sent the video and all. My hands were slippery but I tossed the HG 300 in the air and closed it :rock I will await on the word from Clay if I get certed, I've never down this feat before but when adversity is backing you down sometimes you tell yourself not to stand down :erm

I'm going to cut down my training on grippers to 4 days a week to give me more recovery time and like the results I'm getting. Back to posting in my log next week and all. I will see how I'm doing on the Avg.#3 again as soon as I feel it's time. Thank God for strength in these times :bow Stay strong all

Get consistent Big T...and your goals will be achieved!!!