Kta

BigT

P.D. thanks for your advice and helping me out once again. I will start #3 attempts on my hard 2004 #3 tommorow. I can't wait as I'm pumped now and my crush during this peaking phase is feeling ready to go and I'm coming up fast I will now go after the elite also in my next KTA phase at the end of the month. The war has just begun :rock

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

• mooinabc1

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations buddy! :mosher I knew that BBSM would fall for ya! Stick with it and you'll be hitting a #3 in no time.

What a bright 'gripper future' you got! I am glad to hear from you again, and everything is a bit more up and about... I got really close on the #3, and i will too close it! it'll fall! :rock

Congratulations buddy!  :mosher  I knew that BBSM would fall for ya!  Stick with it and you'll be hitting a #3 in no time.

Thanks Josh I can't wait to get that #3 to

What a bright 'gripper future' you got! I am glad to hear from you again, and everything is a bit more up and about... I got really close on the #3, and i will too close it! it'll fall! :rock

Dutch thanks for the compliment. I hope I've got a bright future in the gripper game. To think when I first started the #2 looked like a brick to me...now I can look at the #3 and say it looks like a brick :whistel Dutch go get that #3 man and get that last bit. The #3 will fall Dutch, the #3 will fall :rock

Also an update on my training. I'm using a BB Master for my strap holds and Overcrushes, it feels good to do those overcrushes. To overcrush is to dominate :D I'm just awaiting my 2005 #4, I ordered yesterday. I'll let all know in my log how I do on a negative with it and if the #3 is a brick then a #4 is the whole building where the brick is ;) Take care and now I'm gonna push it in this last week of KTA and really try to bring things home! Be strong everyone and grip hard :happy

Yesterday's workout wasn't bad. I'm focussing on adding weight to my straps on my BB Master. This is preparation for when I do begin KTA after it wraps up so that I can go after that #2 for my overcrushes. I want to also get consistent with my BBSM and that will be great as well. The #3 is a brick and I have a feeling I'm gonna need to make some head way on my negatives with a #4 (still waiting on it, hopefully it will come today) and crush it to get a close on the #3. All in all tommorow I want my brother to measure so I know how far I'm off. The #3 is a hard one around a 3.1 so we'll see. I'll an update tommorow after I train at night at my best. My straps are going good I want to get up to at least 10 pounds for good holds for time before the end. Another goal I want is to close the HG 300 inverted. That will give me the confidence going into my cert on that gripper. I'm not sure when I will cert but I'm thinking about before my next KTA cycle certing on a HG 300&400. I'm hoping to get a HG 400 soon so I can cert on both. Then from there a GM1 will go down next and then...Certing on the HG 300&400 will be first. I will work on getting up my camera and after some rest after this program it's time for it to go down.

I can't explain to all how my hands feel. My family and friends have noticed my hands have gotten more massive from the training. I got a great compliment from my younger brother which if you read my log has 9 1/2 inch hands. I put my hands side by side with his and he said "they're not that much smaller." I just laughed man. Have a good day all, and be strong and grip hard

Hey guys, last night I had an okay training session. I didn't get close on the #3, but I did the HG 300 inverted for reps and table no setted it for reps also. I have made a video and sent it to judged to see if I'm officially certed for a Table no set close on the HG 300 for reps. I'm very excited as this will be my first cert if all goes well. I might have to revideo tape but we'll see. My camera is small but you can see the HG 300 at least for a few seconds. Since the label of it is on the inside it makes it hard to get on camera if you have a small one like mine. Next up will be the HG 400 which I will order next Friday. My last day of KTA is tommorow and I will go out to make this my best session ever. I'm hoping my body adapts one more time to really rock the crap out of that hard 3.1 2004 #3 :D After I rest from this KTA program I will then go for the HG 400 and then go for the GM1 cert (a table no set #2 close) and then a MM0! I could probably close an average #3 but the 2004 #3 with a 3 1/16 spread..we'll see. All in all I'm pretty pumped up and hearing I got this cert will make it all worth while. Steps I consider on the way to the #3. The #3 will fall :rock , wish me luck on my cert and bringing the :flame heat to tommorow's last day!

Edited by BigT

Congrats on the Hg300!!! The GM1 cert is a BBSM spring set at a spread of 2 1/8 and requires a TNS. It requires video proof of a #2 IM being TNS'd to qualify if you are not certed elsewhere.

Extend the peaking phase another week to see if that gets you closer to the 3...ride the wave!!!

Edited by pdoire

P.D., thanks for the advice. After talking to others I will do more week of KTA and wrap up. I've got some news for you guys. Yesterday started off rough. First training session in the afternoon, didn't even shut my #2. At night I came home off a stressful day of work and was so anxious thinking this was the last day of KTA I didn't properly set the grippers and the workout just went all to hell. Plus family issues made it impossible to do well in my second workout. Then on top of all that I got an e-mail saying my video of HG 300 didn't fly. I looked at the video and could hardly see it too! I started thinking and got a surge of adrenaline and said "I've got to get this HG 300 cert right." Hell the first day I got it cold no warm -up I repped it ten times and just threw it down it was nothing. Clay gave me some tips and I put the video into motion guys. I table no setted it this time for the camera and made sure everything showed..the result...I certed last night on the HG 300 I got an e-mail back saying all was good ;)

The cert for the HG 300 is just the first of many certs to come guys. I got motivated again and attacked my #3. I got the handles down farther than ever before..remember it's a 2004 #3 rated at 3.1 and I pretty sure an average #3 I could do. I don't know the measurement but the gap looked small :laugh I did this after two KTA workouts and another HG 300 video. I'm resting today and will workout tommorow. One week left guys. I'm gonna push on for that #3. Also I got my 2005 #4 today...it looks menacing to say the least guys. My hands feel real tired but I'm gonna push it. My next cert is the HG 400, I'm ordering it next friday as that's when I'll have the money. After that I'll target the GM1 cert and on to a MM0 cert. The KTA war has just begun :rock

Congrats BigT. Your a Gripper King!!!

How do you know for sure that your 2004 #3 is a 3.1 ? Did you mail it off to someone and have them rate it?? That is the only real way to know the strength of the gripper. Now it is known that 2004 #3's have been tough..but there have been some not so tough ones too. I had mine rated by a higher Mash Monster than me..that is why I claim mine is 3.1...but to assume they all are may be a mistake.

Thanks P.D. your right I might have to mail my #3 off to you to fully know after KTA and you can let me know. It feels great to be a Gripper King! Now I just need to become a Grip Monster when I get my HG 400 :yikes

T, looks like pr's are falling. Keep driving on buddy.

T, looks like pr's are falling.  Keep driving on buddy.

I'll keep trying to drive, your already cruising buddy I'm just trying to get the car in gear :D

Great job T!  Always nice to see a table no set close. :D

Thanks I wanted to show the HG 300 no mercy :happy

As for today guys. Saturday is always my worst day. I do the truck at my job as I'm the only strong and quick enough to do it. I love getting my crushing strength stronger as when I grab the boxes the boxes shake with fear :whistel Anyway I was real tired. I woke up at 5 a.m. and did a KTA workout. I know what you guys are thinking, how and the hell did he do that, I dont' know :blink I like shocking my body since I do two workouts a day anyway. This afternoon I was spent but gave my workout my all. I'm adding weight daily to my BB Master and will be up to 12.5 pounds for good time on Monday. I will definitely make it up to 15 but would love 20 pounds by the end for 20 sec. or so. One thing I've really learned thanks to KTA is doing straps w/ a gripper brings a certain mastery to the grippers. When I overcrush the BB Master it gets easier all the time :laugh Other than that I can't wait till Monday as on Monday I usually see the results of my strength these past few days. I want to nail that BB Super Master so hard I hear the handles click like the drop of a dime :yikes Once I can get the BB Super Master consistently the #3 will be on the horizon. Getting consistent closes is my goal now toward the end. Now if I hit the #3 one day great. I would like to bring the handles down to 1/2 inch or lower if my body can adapt for me again. My hands and joints are really tired. KTA has a few more days as this is the peaking phase and I'm giving it everything I've got and trying to remain cool :calm Mark my words the #3 will fall :rock

Last the HG 400 will be next cert

You will surprise yourself in the peaking phase the every other day workouts really give your hands a chance to catch up and get healed and stronger.

Yesterday's workout was okay. I'm adding more weight to BB Master for straps and am up to 13 3/4 pounds for holds. One other thing I must mention is that when you do the straps in your workouts it's after negatives, attempts, etc. so I'm not at full strength either and could get alot more. Anyway my form is improving and I need to start using a tip from Clay. "Don't look at the handle, just crush it." Sometimes I look at the #3 handle and overwhelm myself :blink Later on that night after being tired and just relaxing the BBSM handles felt real light which is a good sign my body is adapting. I need to just relax and just crush the daylights out of the gripper :yikes I'm resting two days in a back down week format and will look for Thursday to be a breakthrough day. I do better in my workouts when my hands are warmed up after working. I haven't closed the BBSM in some time so I just need to crush it. I"m so psyched you wouldn't believe it :flame If I relax more I know I can hit that BBSM consitently and get those #3 handles down more. I'm real tired right now and just trying to do the best I can in this last week.

On a brighter note I ordered a HG 400 off ebay so if it comes on time I will cert on that to and end KTA in style :cool then after that GM1 cert and onwards. During the next KTA I will definitely take out the #3. One thing I must remember and everyone has to as well as after my body rests after KTA my true strength will be revealed, your seeing a tired Big T not a strong Big T at the moment. The #3 will fall :rock

good close on the hg300 i just sent for kta my self good luck what was the name of that song in your close video :rolleyes

:rock Dan If I ever figure out the name to the song I will send it to you, it came with my camera program and it doesn't list the title for god sakes :blush

Last night was a sign of good things to come. I'm now up to 15 pounds on my BBM for strap holds and just started doing it about a week ago or so I believe. Also when you do straps as I have said it's after negatives, attempts, warm-ups etc. so that's pretty good when you think about it :) My KTA workouts went okay, I 'm not missing my 3 inch spread #2, that sucker is something else. It's way harder than my BBM especially at the last 1/4 inch but it's no problem now :happy So later at night after two workouts I wanted another try at the BBSM and almost nailed it. My BBSM is also way harder than my HG 300, as you can read I nailed it out of the package for ten no set reps and a holding for time. I like the Beef Builders because with all of them I notice it's a gut check at the last 1/4 inch, but I they build great strenght and me likes that alot :laugh Anyway I wanted to see how I'm doing on the #3. Remember I'm extremely beat after two workouts and a BBSM attempt and my brother measured how far...3/8 inches guys :laugh My brother said "I put the most serious squeeze he's ever seen and I frightened him with my intensity :yikes The #3 pumps me up like no other. I got into the grip game because of the #3. I thought it would take me a year to get to...I'm better than I thought. Just kidding God is good and is taking me up fast. I've been doing grippers for just under 3 months and almost have the #3. Sunday will be the last workout. If I don't nail the #3 before the end of KTA believe me it will fall during the next round I do after I rest. With rest I only get better. My hands are tired but I'm gonna keep pushin as long as my body keeps it coming. The elite is a definite goal of mine for my next round of KTA. Sunday..I can't wait! Mark my words, I've said it since I started my log...the #3 will fall

Reflections

KTA ended today and all. Man my hands need a rest I pushed them real hard but had alot of fun. I did find out some news today. Now London Kettlebells does HG certs and doesn't even list the HG 300 certs. The mostly focuss on the HG 400 closers so I will aim to get that in the future. Other than that I'm game for the next war for KTA. Today I didn't even get near 3/8 inches on the #3. My back and hands are still fried from the truck yesterday at work, and I've been working alot of mornings at my job as well so sleep aint been there either. I realize now for this last week I shoud have used my #4 for negatives instead of keeping on going with my #3 for negatives, I wanted to save it real bad for the next round :blush Had I used the #4, who knows that 3/8 inch gap could have been a possible close.

I did attain other PR's tonight. On my Titan's Telegraph Key I increased the weight one final time. I've double my thumb strength from the beginning when I started. I can't wait to test out my new strength there on pinching some plates :laugh I got up to 15 pounds for solid holds with my BBM on my thin straps which was great. Next I did a two finger #1 IM close and grinded the handles with those two fingers :rolleyes Last PR for the night, I closed my HG 150 w/ 1 finger inverted :cool So I did other PR's in other areas. As for using the #4 for negs, you live and you learn. Other things, my thumb pad definitely got bigger. Before the program my hands could fit pretty snuggly in the large gloves we have at work. Now my hands hurt when I put them in the large gloves and sometimes rip when I put them in, my boss now has to keep a steady supply of XL gloves period for me and my other large handed buddies at work. My forearms are bigger and people have commented them, I've gained a few inches. My hands just have a new powerful look to them that is just awesome. My younger brother w/ his huge 9 1/2 inch hands at 6'4" said "my hands aren't much bigger than yours and who cares, they're thick boy." Hell with no direct training I did reps in the plate curl w/ a 35 pound plate and a plate curl w/ a 25 pound plate w/ my wrist perfectly straight and no cheating. KTA is awesome program. It teaches you to push yourself to the limit. When your working out six days a week and feeling tired it's tough, but when your body adapts and you see a little bit more progress on a gripper it's great. I used to train w/ just light reps on the grippers but KTA showed me that when you train with intense workouts that are heavy, that in time everything will take care of itself.

I thought it would take me 1 full year to close the #3 and I cut my time way down. Also when I did the 3/8 inches on the #3, I did two previous KTA workouts before that. Now I will just rest for a week minium and let my hands reveal their true strength that I've gained through countless workouts and pushing myself to the limit...who knows maybe the #3 will fall then. After I rest I will then evalute my new goals for the next KTA. So far, the #3 and elite for my next KTA cycle. For just under 3 months of training, I guess I didn't do so bad after all :laugh Mark my words, the #3 will fall.

I'd like to thank Clay for telling me about KTA and Wanna for being there for me like a great Coach. Also Jad,Moon, and Pdorie for also lending a helping hand or some advice and Dutch(kill that #3 man) and everyone else who kept me going.

Last but not least all thanks go to God for giving me the strength and showing me that the #3 will be mine soon and showing me I have more talent than I thought. I never knew I could do things this fast but with him anything is possible.

There is much more to come, you've only seen me scratch the surface, get ready guys.......the war has only begun :rock

Reflections

KTA ended today and all.  Man my hands need a rest I pushed them real hard but had alot of fun.  I did find out some news today. Now London Kettlebells does HG certs and doesn't even list the HG 300 certs.  The mostly focuss on the HG 400 closers so I will aim to get that in the future.  Other than that I'm game for the next war for KTA.  Today I didn't even get near 3/8 inches on the #3.  My back and hands are still fried from the truck yesterday at work, and I've been working alot of mornings at my job as well so sleep aint been there either.  I realize now for this last week I shoud have used my #4 for negatives instead of keeping on going with my #3 for negatives, I wanted to save it real bad for the next round :blush  Had I used the #4, who knows that 3/8 inch gap could have been a possible close. 

I did attain other PR's tonight.  On my Titan's Telegraph Key I increased the weight one final time.  I've double my thumb strength from the beginning when I started.  I can't wait to test out my new strength there on pinching some plates :laugh  I got up to 15 pounds for solid holds with my BBM on my thin straps which was great.  Next I did a two finger #1 IM close and grinded the handles with those two fingers :rolleyes  Last PR for the night, I closed my HG 150 w/ 1 finger inverted :cool  So I did other PR's in other areas.  As for using the #4 for negs, you live and you learn.  Other things, my thumb pad definitely got bigger.  Before the program my hands could fit pretty snuggly in the large gloves we have at work. Now my hands hurt when I put them in the large gloves and sometimes rip when I put them in, my boss now has to keep a steady supply of XL gloves period for me and my other large handed buddies at work.  My forearms are bigger and people have commented them, I've gained a few inches.  My hands just have a new powerful look to them that is just awesome.  My younger brother w/ his huge 9 1/2 inch hands at 6'4" said "my hands aren't much bigger than yours and who cares, they're thick boy."  Hell with no direct training I did reps in the plate curl w/ a 35 pound plate and a plate curl w/ a 25 pound plate w/ my wrist perfectly straight and no cheating.  KTA is awesome program.  It teaches you to push yourself to the limit. When your working out six days a week and feeling tired it's tough, but when your body adapts and you see a little bit more progress on a gripper it's great.  I used to train w/ just light reps on the grippers but KTA showed me that when you train with intense workouts that are heavy, that in time everything will take care of itself. 

I thought it would take me 1 full year to close the #3 and I cut my time way down.  Also when I did the 3/8 inches on the #3, I did two previous KTA workouts before that.  Now I will just rest for a week minium and let my hands reveal their true strength that I've gained through countless workouts and pushing myself to the limit...who knows maybe the #3 will fall then.  After I rest I will then evalute my new goals for the next KTA.  So far, the #3 and elite for my next KTA cycle. For just under 3 months of training, I guess I didn't do so bad after all :laugh  Mark my words, the #3 will fall. 

I'd like to thank Clay for telling me about KTA and Wanna for being there for me like a great Coach.  Also Jad,Moon, and Pdorie for also lending a helping hand or some advice and Dutch(kill that #3 man) and  everyone else who kept me going.

Last but not least all thanks go to God for giving me the strength and showing me that the #3 will be mine soon and showing me I have more talent than I thought. I never knew I could do things this fast but with him anything is possible.

There is much more to come, you've only seen me scratch the surface, get ready guys.......the war has only begun :rock

Excellent reflections. And thanks for the kind words they help just as much as the KTA. Now for the much needed rest and vits=vitE, mag,Glosime,Grapseed, flaxseed oil for omega3 for three caps three times a day or four.

Still do the warm up exericses.

I know the #2 gave you hard time and gave no respect but you showed the #2 a thing or two. He same thing is going happen with the #3. Look out #3 BgT is coming to town.

wrist curls with a 25lb plate? man thats amazing, i cant come close to that :bow

youll get that #3 BigT, took me about 7 months to get it, and before i was consistent it took me another 2 or so months.

Good thoughts BigT and I'm looking forward to seeing how far you get on the next cycle :rock

Great report Big T! Your battle hasn't ended yet, neither has mine, so onwards we go :rock:rock