Kta

BigT

I have been reading the posts for about a month or so and feel ready to post now. Before starting the program today I was almost able to do a No set close on the #2 COC...my goal is to mash it by the end of KTA and just man handle it. Then it's on and upwards to the...#3 :rock

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

• mooinabc1

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading the posts for about a month or so and feel ready to post now.  Before starting the program today I was almost able to do a No set close on the #2 COC...my goal is to mash it by the end of KTA and just man handle it. Then it's on and upwards to the...#3 :rock

My hands feel sore already, I never even new what a negative was until now...I can't wait to hit things tommorow...thanks Wanna :mosher

I have been reading the posts for about a month or so and feel ready to post now.  Before starting the program today I was almost able to do a No set close on the #2 COC...my goal is to mash it by the end of KTA and just man handle it. Then it's on and upwards to the...#3 :rock

My hands feel sore already, I never even new what a negative was until now...I can't wait to hit things tommorow...thanks Wanna :mosher

thanks Clay for your faith in me and giving me tips and helping a guy out...you and the #4 :bow

Look forward to your log.  Your name caught my eye cause at school everyone calls me Big T.  Nickname my french teacher gave me.

DLK funny post man I'm not a huge guy even though about 6 feet tall but my personality as you can tell by my sig. speaks volumes :D Right now I'm completing the first week of KTA and my hands are feeling tired at the moment but I know I've made my hands much stronger. Conditioning wise my hands are much tougher and will help my overall grip training after KTA. Second, mentally your put to the test...let me tell you! This is my fifth day straight and it you have to keep pushing to get those handles together even on the #1 for me as I wear down a little bit but I still mash those handles together though. On Wed. I get to rest and then I get to test how my progress is going Thursday and I can't wait during times when I've been feelin stronger the handles almost touched on the #2 and that my friends is the day when it all becomes worth it because I'm like a shark and smell blood...it's coming :rock

The best is yet to come for you on KTA, you may surprise yourself!!

Thanks Pdoire and DLK for your encouragment and faith. That's what I love about the grip board we all encourage each other to strive for each other's best no matter what.

Today I'm resting from about six days straight of training and feeling confident. Numerous times I've almost gotten the handles to touch during my Warm-up. My overcrushes are becoming more dominant. Tommorow when I start overcrushes with my filed down #1...I'm ready to kill that to. Deep down guys I know...it's coming...the handles of the #2 touching just once.... :rock

:angry: I'm mad guys I shaved my face before I did my workout and put lotion on my face after Noxema so I don't break out forgetting today is test day. During the 1st attempt the gripper slipped out of hands during mid close so I wasted energy went for it again and I was so close a germ couldn't have fit in between the handles :laugh Oh well good news is the #2 feels so much lighter in my hands and for the attempts I took I was close on all so that's good. One thing I've learned is always look at the postive :blush It's now my second week of KTA and now it's time to kill overcrushes with my filed #1...onwards and upwards to the #2 :rock

Thanks for the tip after signing up for the spring semester for school tommorow I'll see how much money I have left :rolleyes Still awesome day I've never been that dead on a #2 :mosher

Thank you Wanna for the inspirational words and tips buddy. I love KTA it's the most intense grip work I've ever done and thanks Clay for the faith...I got it...I shut the #2 for a few seconds :mosher ...it was great. I'm only on the second week of KTA and will own the #2 definitely at the end of KTA ;) I was near shutting the #2 when I first started KTA but KTA took me where I needed to go and taught me that heavy grip work is what gets ya progress at least for me. Yo Wanna your right it happens when you least expect it dude. Then after KTA I will rest and then it's on to the #3 :rock

Congrats on that #2.....PR's come when you least expect them...stealing Bills line!!

Thanks Pdoire your inspirational posts have been helpful as well and congrats on your #3 close. I want that #3 cert man and am enjoying every crush along the way :D

Wanna thanks your program and faith has been golden. DLK, I'm looking forward to selecting a good beef builder in the future to use. Currently my hands are tired and the Over crushes with a filed #1, more challenging then I ever thought. I notice though I mash my #1 easy during warm ups. Now I must get consistent with my #2 closes and work on dominating it ;)

Nice going T, keep on crushing ;)

Thanks Dutch I was feeling tired but Wanna thanks for the sound advice I adapted all right and set PR's tonight. I held the #2 for a count of 4 seconds shut buddy and set a PR on holding my overcrushes for my longest time ever on my filed #1 (extra filed really I filed down alot of the handle) and am getting ever closer with my left hand on getting a close. I feel great this time I got to stand there and just count time going by as I held it. KTA is intense and you may feel down sometimes but boy when you come up...you come up... :rock

Today is my rest day but set another PR, I did the #2 in both of my workouts yesterday and once again dominated my Over crushes with my super filed #1. It feels oh so good to be moving on up :mosher

Today is my last day of week 3 of KTA Phase 1 and then I get to rest tommorow. My hands are tired guys and I'm pushing myself to the limit :flame The volume is now up at it's peak. My hands are tired and it's getting tough. Earlier in the week though I did dominate the #2 but the volume is getting insane :whacked I can't wait to adapt though because when I do, it's on :rock

Hang in there Big T,

The best is yet to come..phase 2..remember active recovery and hand health..lots of flexor work and contrast baths!!!

And good balanced diet and vitamin E,C,Selium and magansium.

And a good protien.

Proper warm up.

New PR's, New Pr's guys...awesome :mosher In the workout your supposed to wu and work up to 1-3 attempts at your goal gripper. I hit the #2 during my Wu and all 3 attempts and stopped since 1-3 is all you can do and still had strength to spare :D Next, I hit my first Negative Over crush by accident on the #3 because that's not in this phase but it felt great to hear the #3 handles slam shut ;) After that I easily did my Dynamic Thumb work and can increase on that as well, the weight never felt so light! Also on BTR, beyond the Range on the #1 I held them so easily I couldn't believe it. Your supposed to hold it for 10 sec....I went well beyond that! As for my left hand, first beyond the range close ever and getting closer with the left on seeing a #2 close! Thanks guys for the support and comments believe me I do read them when I'm feeling tired sometimes after about 5 days straight going on 6...it's tough but I love it :laugh My body is adapting quickly now and the #3 is coming :rock