Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

• mooinabc1

Top Posters In This Topic

You closed the #3? Damn T!

Congrats BigT

And this is your third week and force closing the #3?!

This a 3 months the KTA program.

Imagine what going to happen then+Keep up the good work.

No surrender with the gripper. Just look what you doing=Way cool.

How far can you close the #4?

Good stuff. You can't ask for anymore than a pb.

Keep it up.

David

Thanks Dave, I'll keep keepin on man.

Congrats BigT

And this is your third week and force closing the #3?!

This a 3 months the KTA program. 

Imagine what going to happen then+Keep up the good work.

No surrender with the gripper. Just look what you doing=Way cool.

How far can you close the #4?

Mooinabc1...always love your comments. Yup, going on Phase 2 next week. I'm anticipating good things...God is good! How far can I close the #4 you ask? can't afford it do to paying for college books now for the new semester:( I wasn't sure about my potential when I first started. I wasn't training hard enough to make gains I realize and just reppin the grippers for a few sets wasn't good enough. Now I know the meaning of hard work with KTA thanks Wanna, maybe my potential is good oh so good :rock just kidding guys!

ah well, i never tried a force close on the #3, it worked. DId it. So i'm with you on that one :laugh

A few PR's guys I hit today. I closed the Trainer w/ Two fingers for reps and also inverted and closed it once with 1 finger :mosher I got a #1 near close with 2 fingers and hope to get that soon! I also have a question if anyone can help me. I seem to not be able to close my #2 in the morning but can close it at night, I suck at morning workouts even when I lift weights my body hates the mornings but I can hit the #1 any time so I guess I haven't mastered it yet. For KTA you have 2 workouts and to allow recovery I space them out. I start Phase 2 Thursday so wish me luck. I'm just trying to master the #2 where I can hit it at any time. I tried 6 a.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Sat before I had to go to work...I guess too early :yikes

Best of luck on thursday with the seond phase of KTA.

Best of luck on thursday with the seond phase of KTA.

Thankyou Mooinabc1, your comments of faith are always great :) Guys like you are what make the grip board a great place to come. Also one last PR for today,I just got back from the movies and seeing Millon Dollar Baby and I shut the #1 with two fingers but didn't shut the #2 today... I guess my body is still adapting ;) KTA is helping me do things I could just never imagine. When I first started if you would have told me I would shut a Trainer with 1 finger and #1 with two fingers( I almost nearly shut the #1 when I started) I would have laughed :D

Edited by BigT

Man, the training is going great. I'm resting today. Tommorow starts Phase 2 New PR...I did the #2 for a nice double yesterday :mosher So I'm happy as hell with that and am increasing on my dynamic thumb again. More weight= :D Happy Big T. I've noticed an increase in the size of my forearms from all the grip work plus my hands now fill the large gloves at work fully so for me and the other guys we wear XL gloves at work if we want...I work at Mc Donalds and I'm lovin it :rock KTA I mean

Overall my hands feel so much more stronger and solid, I can't wait to go at things again tommorow.

Great job Big T!!

Phase 2 will bring even greater rewards!!

New PR's oh yeah :laugh ON thursday I did a table no set close w/a #1 and a credit card cert close with 3 fingers w/ a ironmind #1 also...I guess I've mastered the #1 now :whistel Last PR yesterday couldn't hit the #2 at 6 in the morining cold :whacked I just can't wake up and walk up to the grippers and knock it down anyone else have this problem but anyways at night nailed a triple on my #2 and didn't have to reset the gripper for the triple at all :mosher As of today just feeling tired the negative overcrushes are beastly w/ the #3 but I know when I get some rest on Wed. I will be nailing new PR's as my hands are feeling stronger. On the brighter note this afternoon I have to buy more plates for my Titan's Telegraph keys as I can't fit anymore thick standard plates on it and have to buy thinner standard plates for more room to fit, to think I started out at the beginning of KTA using only about 18 pounds :rolleyes

Cool BigT

Correct if wrong you crushed the #2 ?

That amazing!!!.

If that so you need to the Beef Builder Elite.

i also cant close the #2 in the morning

I'm currently resting today and just wrapped up week 1 of Phase 2. New Pr...I hit the #2 everyday this week for reps and last night hit it for a nice triple and mashed it for a good few sec. and went in and nearly did a fourth! Also got my first Negative Overcrush w/ my left and should see a close for my left any day now. Then for a nice touch of icing on the cake I almost no set the #2, it was truly a great day. I did all this after being tired and doing alot more manual labor at work then I'm used to and this was after 6 days of straight training, this is no where near my best. Oh yeah to micrent, I can shut it in the morining now buddy ;)

Now that I've mastered the #2 :mosher I'm ordering a BB Super Master Friday and will start using that in Phase 2 as about a 2.3-2.5 I heard. So far in KTA I shut the #2 about a week into the program and have mastered it in about a few weeks. My hands are feeling tired but I know more strength and greater things are to come. Talking to others on the grip board I'm moving along now pretty good all thanks go to God. The #3 will fall down at my hands as I'm coming for it :rock

Nice job..BigT...you may find the BBSM a little tougher thana 2.2-2.3 depends on the spread..my cert BBSM at 2 3/4 is at least a 2.7-2.8..but it is still a good next step. I have also heard that the PDA 262 is about a 2.5..but don't own one to know for sure.

Keep up the good work!!

Nice job..BigT...you may find the BBSM a little tougher thana 2.2-2.3 depends on the spread..my cert BBSM at 2 3/4 is at least a 2.7-2.8..but it is still a good next step. I have also heard that the PDA 262 is about a 2.5..but don't own one to know for sure.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks PD, your the man! Your right I've talked to other grip board members and the BBSM it seems is around a 2.7-2.8 man. I'm happy as hell because closing it would bring me all the closer to hitting a #3 like you PD :mosher

Edited by BigT

Big T,

You may want to get your BBSM from Warren Tetting..I do not have his

number but it is in the FAQ section. This way he will custom make it to your hand size and you will be able to cert with him at some point with a TNS (Table No-Set) close on video.

Thanks PD for the advice, the BB Super Master is on the way...I should be getting it tommorow, wish me luck :D

Well I got the BB Super Master and I...didn't close it :happy but now I have a new challenge which is great. I'm about to finish up the second week of Phase 2 now. My #1 is filed more now and the straps...are interesting has I have to really clamp on to my thin Ironmind Close the Gap Straps to get the weight up. My hands are feeling sore and tired as I'm doing now I feel a true Negative Over Crush. Before I would start to close it and slowly push the gripper against my chin. Now doing it with my hands facing the ground only w/no assistance is tough but I finally got one and mashed the handles ;) New PR's ;) I did a full 1 finger rep w/ the HG 150 and plate curled a 25 pound plate w/ two fingers easily and the Trainer w/ 1 finger for reps. Other than that my goal now is to get aclose w/ the BB Super Master and continue on my journey to the #3...the #3 will fall :rock

As of right now tommorow is the last day of Phase 2 week 2...my hands are really tired at the moment. I can't wait to get the BB Super Master, it feels like a beast at the moment. I havent' gotten any Negative Over crushes for today and didn't shut the #2 this mornning during my Wu. I'm still lovin my workouts though even though I'm doing more hot/cold soaks now for my hands. "I can't wait for my body to adapt though because I know when I come up, I'll come up" :rock

I'm still waiting for my body to adapt I've been inconsistent with my #2 wu closes on the way to BB Super Master and my hands are definitely sore right now. I'm getting used to doing the Negavtive Overcrush w/out pressing my hands up against my chin and can do one perfect negavtive overcrush and grind the handles now :cool Other than that I had a new PR in that I curled a 35 pound plate curl w/ 3 fingers ;) The BB Super Master I can tell is definitely no joke and a tough 2.7 on the scale. I can't wait to let my hands rest today and see what that crazy tough intense training has brought me before I begin Phase 2 week 3 tommorow :mosher

As of right now tommorow is the last day of Phase 2 week 2...my hands are really tired at the moment.  I can't wait to get the BB Super Master, it feels like a beast at the moment.  I havent' gotten any Negative Over crushes for today and didn't shut the #2 this mornning during my Wu. I'm still lovin my workouts though even though I'm doing more hot/cold soaks now for my hands.  "I can't wait for my body to adapt though because I know when I come up, I'll come up" :rock

Way to go BigT.

Third day for me. I know I need patience know.

Your in high volume and putting 100%.

I learned sometime today about I call the second crush went I get handle

together for OC then I go for another crush again for really crush the handles like

crushing someone hand. Hope it help.