Kta

BigT

As of right now tommorow is the last day of Phase 2 week 2...my hands are really tired at the moment.  I can't wait to get the BB Super Master, it feels like a beast at the moment.  I havent' gotten any Negative Over crushes for today and didn't shut the #2 this mornning during my Wu. I'm still lovin my workouts though even though I'm doing more hot/cold soaks now for my hands.  "I can't wait for my body to adapt though because I know when I come up, I'll come up" :rock

Way to go BigT.

Third day for me. I know I need patience know.

Your in high volume and putting 100%.

I learned sometime today about I call the second crush went I get handle

together for OC then I go for another crush again for really crush the handles like

crushing someone hand. Hope it help.

Thanks Moon, the program were in is definitely high volume and 100% intense conrats on killing the overcrush and don't worry, we'll have the #3 yet :rock

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

• mooinabc1

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't wake up and walk up to the grippers and knock it down anyone else have this problem

yea im like you. If i train in the morning im waaaay weaker.

Thanks Dannyboy, I'm feeling better. I had a real tough day at work and came home and didn't get a break at work and just couldn't get it together. I didn't nail my #2 in the Wu and strap holds were weaker than usual some. I'm getting better a little with the BBSM. It's a nice challenge I want to hit it at least once at the end of KTA. I can't wait to adapt like I've done so many other times in the program because when I come up...I come up :rock

BigT Hi sorry about work.

It can hard at times at work and the other work are playing head games

they try to set a person like taking about the boss, trying to make look bad by

cause you be angry.

I make custom Adjustable Gripper Helper and confortable too.

It can add up to an extra 25 pounds on it.

I can make the ironmind gripper #1=140 pounds into 165 or maybe 170 pounds.

I made Dannyboy an Adjustable Gripper to nelp defeat the #3 and it worked.

BigT,

HANG IN THERE No matter what..you have come to far...I know exactly how you feel. I promise it will get better....keep doing the right things..eliminate all other grip related activity on KTA..especially now at the volume peaks it is crucial..lots of contrast baths and extensor work.

Thanks Moon, it's been a long day your right sometimes you get bosses like that and you have to deal :( . I worked 11-4 no break and wanted to do the grippers and drank a little juice and came home and attacked them, I thought about eating first...next time I might eat a snack first :D After KTA I will definitely check out your custom Adjustable Gripper helper man, congrats on helping Danny boy get the #3. I must remember the main rule after KTA when I rest, that's when my true strength will service...and as I love saying, "when I come up, I'm coming up :rock

BigT,

HANG IN THERE No matter what..you have come to far...I know exactly how you feel. I promise it will get better....keep doing the right things..eliminate all other grip related activity on KTA..especially now at the volume peaks it is crucial..lots of contrast baths and extensor work.

Thanks PD, your like the big brother I never have...I'm gonna keep going strong on the program and work on my extensors and start doing more contrast baths, I'm gonna work on my set more on the grippers and continue going strong KTA is like no program I ever did before, the difference is it gets results and I can't wait for more but even through all this I still remember when I first picked up my #1 and nearly no set it on site...I've come far since then ;)

Something I learned in the KTA program that a real insight to me is

Warming the body, squating but no heavy weights=partials=one leg or two.

I use warm water on my hands before exercising.

I find went I warm up the body the KTA recovery time no problem but it does take

me day. But maybe I need to to do warm up exercise after the KTA workout.

Vitamins are cool. Best workout for me 11 Am and after 4 pm.

I use bik to warm up.

I'm feeling great guys :D New Pr's, now I can do pretty easily a negative overcrush w/ the #3 w/out pressing the gripper against any area of body, not my knee or chin just by holding the gripper parallel to the ground and using my other hand to help :) I get to increase on my dynamic thumb and shut the #2 so quickly and easily I would have thought it was a #1 if I didn't look at the handle :happy Last, I almost shut the BB Super Master and will have it soon I was maybe 1/2 inch or less off I think but close. I'm only in Phase 2 now which is good. I did lots of extensor work and contrast baths etc. and felt great tonight. I have my best workouts at night and I'm resting tommorow and look forward to what my body can do after a rest day! Onwards and upwards, thanks everyone for the support as my body took time to adapt but boy did, I almost closed my 2nd goal gripper for KTA tonight, thanks to God! God is good :laugh

Thanks Jad, your always there man. I can't wait for that BBSM to fall. Right now I'm trying like a demon to add weights to my strap holds and mashed my #2 so good I can turn and look at the handles! I can't wait to hit hard tonight...oh yeah PD I'm hearing ya buddy loud and clear :whistel Thanks all

I'm pumped up as I start the last week of Phase 2 tommorow. You learn something new everyday, check out this. I watched some videos in my KTA program and never really paid attention to the one on straps. I always thought you pick up the weight off the ground w/ straps well I looked at the video and hold the weight and then just clamp down on the strap. Now the weight is going up again and I'm feeling more confident as I battle the BBSM. I'm getting the BBSM as close as 3/8 inches I think so it's getting there. Now I just have to focuss on doing my contrast baths and extensor work. Extensor work is going good as I'm working up to the higher bands on Iron Mind's Expand Your Hands Bands. My form is getting better all the time and I my Dynamic thumb strength has been increasing more lately as I'm able to more weight w/ less leverage on my negatives. All and all my hands feel as though they have a new found strength to them that I will test out after KTA. As I approach the last phase of KTA, I realize I'm so glad I did it. I never knew I would hit my goal gripper in a week and getting near to closing my second goal gripper soon. I thought I would have hit the #2 at the end, it's nice in life to get surprised :happy Now I must let my hands rest and refocuss. The BBSM is just a stepping stone in my journey...the #3 will fall :rock

Right now the volume is through the roof as I'm going for 100 singles total this week in week 4 of Phase 2. The last week of it has begun. My hands are really tired now. I just did my second workout tonight and my I let my brother watch me try to close the BBSM it , and now I'm consistently getting it around 3/8 inchess for a close just under 1/2 inch left tonight my brother said. Once I get some rest at the end of this 6 day cycle I'm hoping to bring that BBSM down to 1/4 then 1/8 and then a close on the BBSM :laugh The straps are tough on my filed #1, as I filed it down a ton before starting Phase 2. I'm up to 12.5 pounds and a few washers I'm hoping to add more weights tommorow and take it up to 13 3/4's. My goal is to get it up to 15 pounds this week for good holds. I've been increasing alot on my Dynamic Thumb recently which is real good for me. As my thumb pad gets bigger I find the grippers don't slip as much anymore due to the thumb pad checking the gripper :laugh I can't stand mornings and my hands this morning felt as if someone hit them w/ a sledge...I at least adapted this afternoon and hit the #2 w/ a wider set. My sets are getting wider w/ it also. Negative Overcrushes w/ the #3, are going strong. I'm getting much stricter w/ those and try not to move my body at all and just crush it w/ pure two hand strength. Now I don't let the grippers touch any area of my body when crushing it and mashing those handles. All and all I can't wait till my body adapts, the #3 will fall this year and I'm letting everyone know the #3 close is coming :rock God will take me there ;)

so far so good BigT, does your brother do grip too?

Man i wish at least one of my friends shared my pasion for gripping with me. I try and encourage them but they just dont care! :(

Thanks Danny boy, I apperciate your kind words. The brother that did the measurement for me, should do grip. My brother Jay who's 6'4" has huge hands...I measured 9 1/2 inches long. His hands engulf the darn grippers. He's my younger brother at 21 Danny. He should get into grip but he doesn't seem interested :blink Danny I have no friends either that share my passion for grip either :dry I'm trying to talk to one friend of mine who might have an interest.

New Pr's...I let my brother measure tonight and I got the BBSM for a brief moment at the 1/8 inch mark ;) and it hovered around the 1/4 inch mark for a good while :laugh Also I got an increase on my strap holds and the 12.5 gave me trouble no more. I held it for a good slow count of 8 and just laughed! Almost got an increase on my Dynamic Thumb but the Telegraph Key got the best of me :shifty Overall I feel great. I'm entering the last phase next week. Now my goals is to get it consistently to the 1/8 inch mark or just close it soon. It could happen any day now and I'm ready. I also did the truck at my job at Mc Donalds and used my hands all day so I was no where near full strength...so that makes me wonder :rolleyes All in all God is good. I know I say it all the time about the #3 but...I won't say it this time...I end with this..."when your body adapts you come up and I mean you come up" :rock

Your close BigT.

1/4 is very close Congrats.

And 12.5 on the Strap hold. I have feeling that before you strap hold 15 pounds the BBSM is history.

For BigT My test needs to be on mondays after two night rest. The #3 felt very heavy and my hands were very tired.

Moon thanks buddy. I know your hands are feeling tired and your feeling down man but you will get that #3. I know it in my gut, your hands are just waiting to adapt. As my Pdoire says "you won't always be 100 %, as your body goes up and down , but when it adapts...get ready for some PR's" Go kill that #3 moon and I will go crush the BBSM ;)

So far this has been a tough last 3 days. The volume getting near 100 singles has finally gotten to my hands. I pushed and completed Phase 2 but this last week of Phase 2 has been tough. The closet I've gotten on the BBSM was 1/8 inches and w/ some rest I know I can hit it this week. I watched some KTA videos and realize my set was off and I was rushing between sets, just too pumped up for my workouts I guess. In the midst of this I did hit a PR for me. I did a full range inverted rep w/ my filed( extra filed) #1 and all. Also another PR in that for my Negative Overcrushes w/ my #3 I'm using less assistance w/my other hand. I try to lightly let my other hand off that's starting the push for the negative overcrush and holding it deep in the my hand that's doing the crush. Hard to explain but point is it's getting stricter. Last hitting my 2nd goal gripper before the end of KTA would be awesome :happy Once I rest after KTA my true strength will be revealed as my hands feel like someone hit them w/ a sledge hammer at times or a blow torch :flame I've worked real hard and can't wait to see the fruits of my labor at the end. Until then I need to get that last 1/8 inch on the BBSM and nothing less will do :cool I'm waiting for my body to adapt right now because when it does I'm coming up baby :rock

Phase 3 starts tommorow...the war continues

Edited by BigT

Let's hope you get that BBSM! And in the end, you know the #3 will fall! Good work T. btw, they used to call me Mr. T, cause i had a mohawk and my name is Theo :D

Peaking with lots more rest..every other day..watch your strength soar!!

I feel bad for that BBSM!!!

Edited by pdoire

Dutch you crack me up man. The BBSM can be a beast at times. It seems all the Beef Builders are tough in the last 1/4 inch range man. I'm having fun though. I can't wait for the #3 to fall to Dutch. Thank you for your confience and faith.

P.D. what can I say. Your like a big brother to me :blush I'm hanging in there. Thanks man. With Peaking and resting every other day, I can't wait to watch my strength soar. I feel bad for the BBSM too, it's gone need some :help when I'm done smashing it.

Today, I almost the #2 w/ my left, about 3/8 to 1/4 inches off. My attempts with my BBSM are all feeling good. Any day now guys. I'm bringing it to that gripper. I increased on my Dynamic thumb, I'm pushing on that now to. I need that push from my thumb pad to jam that gripper in place and smash it :laugh Another PR I finally got that 15 pounds plus 7 1 &3/8 inch washeres w/ it :rolleyes I add a washer every time I fail so I'm always adding weight and motivating me to hit before I run out of washers :phone The #3 is coming :rock

:whistel First of all I want to say thanks to the gripboard for the suport during these last very stessful days of my life that I've had in a while. My workout on Monday was kind of a gotta do it type of deal. I think it would be hard for anyone to go through it when you have to make $600 dollar repairs, my Aunt had a stroke that day, and my mom goes in the hospital next week for heart surgery.

Monday my HG 300 arrived, I ordered it before the great turn of events. My brother had is camera phone and I decided to open my HG 300. I opened it and cold w/ no warm-up or chalk knocked it down for 10 reps and held it for the 1st rep and still did the 10 after that and a near close w/ my left, through this adversity I rose up last night and killed the HG 300 :rock and damn near closing my BBSM after that immediatey after that. Thank God, I needed to see something good. My brother was on the spot and I got pumped and did what I thought I couldn't do. To think at the beginning of KTA I was thinkin about putting a choker on it..guess not ;)

Today I almost shut the #2 this morning w/ my left which is a good sign. Whenever I shut a gripper w/ my left , it lets me know my right is about to set a PR. My left is always one gripper behind my right. I hope to ride the momentum tonight and shut the BBSM accomplishing my goals for KTA by far. Going from the #2 to BBSM to HG 300 in my first cycle of KTA would be awesome. God willing the BBSM will fall tonight, the #3 will fall :rock

Note: camera phone can't load on here so I'm getting a digital camera up for now one when I do these things

Edited by BigT

That a cool surprise BigT.

Soon the #3 is going down.

New PR New PR...the BBSM has fallen :mosher The last few 16ths of an inch felt tough but the intial start felt easy as ever. I knew the signs were there when I closed a #2 w/ my left hand, first time ever. If you read my previous post , you know my left hand is always one step behind my right. When I did that I knew that the BBSM was coming home :happy I clicked my #2 so easy during the WU that it felt like a #1 and then I just went for it.

Through all the adversity I took down more goals than I ever expected. When I began KTA I just wanted the #2 even though I could no set it down to 1/8 inch and all...great power but no technique is what I call it :laugh Now having taken down the #2, HG 300, and the BBSM it feels great. I have 1 week left of KTA and it's all over for now. My goal now is just to consistently hit the BBSM and then resting after KTA is over...it's a draining program at times but the results are well worth it. My hands are thicker and stronger all over. God is good, as he gave me the strength to pull through these last days and bring a break through home.

To let all know, the KTA war has just begun. I will do another cycle of KTA and start it before the end of March and go for the 2004#3 that I have which is considered a hard #3 and also I'm looking at trying to close and elite too! I feel I've got a shot and can't wait to do KTA again. I'm gonna start going for certs soon after KTA and am still thinking but am looking at the HG 300 cert. Well take care all and...the #3 will fall :rock

Edited by BigT

Great job!!

Replace the BBSM with the #3 as your goal gripper for the remaining KTA time!!

Again Big T Congrats!!