• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Roper

• BigT

• FrankyBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

He's alive, ALIVE!

Good you are still making progress. Even though it's small, it's still progress....

Bench, 4 reps with 135

Incline 8 reps with 100>8reps with 70>8reps with 50

Machinefly superset with cable fly 3 sets of 12 reps

Incline again, 40kg for 2 sets of 12

Dmb curl, 8*22

Hmmr curl 8*24

Conc. curl 6*18

I will do grippers later, i am still training hard on them, can come to 1/4"with a credit card set. I dont use those deep sets, only when doing forced negatives....

Trying to bring up my shoulders, worked out a plan of attack. About 6 weeks doing them 2 times a week.

Stretching,

Light warm up for pump

Machine presses 4 sets of 12-15 reps, little rest inbetween

Seated laterals 4 sets of 12-15. Drop sets...When finishing a set, pick up lighter dumbells and go for another 12 reps. This is one set... Do 4

Dumbell presses 4 sets of 12 reps

Bent over ( :blink ) laterals for 4 sets of 12

That's it... It fried my shoulders big time tonight... Afterwards did triceps and grippers.

I started doing KTA, and i just finished my phase 1 week 2.. Tomorrow is big rest day, then week 3.... It is really hard on the hands, and i split my daily workout in two. Funny thing is, my left hand, wich is weaker, is getting much stronger... Actually, it gets stronger than my right hand!!

Iam doing the KTA and Phase 1 and Second week on the second day.

Can force close the BBSM.

That is good gripping there, moon!

Today was rest day, and i know you are not supposed to do any gripping, but i felt like doing some pinching and RT work

Did one finger lifts too, man that hurts@##!!#

Middle finger, did just 10kg

Pinkie finger did 7 kg

RT 61kg left and 64,75kg

Pinching with a wide block, about 3"

both hands 15,7 kg for 2 reps

nice log here guys, just read the whole thing through......do you feel the single finger lifts has helped? i have been thinking about this for a while, just never gotten around to it. oh and BTW, a little advice. if you do negs forget doing it on the #3. if you are aiming for this gripper, doing negs on it wont get it done....use an elite, super elite or a #4 if you have one. i just closed my #3 today, for 4 singles, and im looking for more...trust me, negs on the #3 for me didnt do shit

Thanks mossman, for your interest. I had this feeling it wouldn't pan out. Today i am gonna get some hose clamps for it, and the RB300 is on it's way so i'm through with those #3 negatives....

Edited by DuTCH

nice, let me know how the RB's feel, i have always wanted one but never got around to buying one....ideally, i would have liked to use a grip machine(secret weapon! :mosher ) for negs, but not everyone can be as adept with a welder...let me knwo how your training goes bro, this looks like a very interesting log.

Today i put my #3 in a hose clamp. That is really hard, but i managed to get it to 3/8". Can't get it to 3/16" . Too bad that is, but isn't necessary because i can close it with that 3/8"...... Like moon advised me, i will go for six closes on it, and then open it a tiny bit more....

Had a long day today, being a teacher isn't as easy as it sounds..... I did manage to squeeze in a workout, nothing fancy, i wasn't going for heavy stuff because i had a long meeting at night...

Front pulldown

Behind back pulldown

Narrow grip front pulldown

Reverse grip pulldown

All four exersice were for sets, 12,10,8 and 6 reps.

Barbell shrugs did 3 sets with 500pounds for 2 reps.

DMB shrugs with 90pound dumbells for 3 sets of 15 (heaviest dmbs at the gym :( )

Behind back shrugs with 250 for 3 sets of 6

Having myself a busy weekend again. Wanted to stay in bed, but the gym closes at 12 in the morning, so i woke up late, dragging myself to the gym at 11.15. Had a 25 minute workout, with a little cardio. Just some shoulders, not enough time to fully train the legs.

My hose clamp #3, set at 3/8" i can now close it!! Closed it 4 times with my right hand. 2 times lefty.

I will aim for 6 reps, and then open it up a little more. Things got a bit more interesting! :rock

Today's workout wasn't all that.. There was this really hot chick on the treadmill, and our weightroom has a nice view over the cardio section. All the guys were drooling over here, wich made it pretty hard to concentrate. ( i must say, the rack on that girl was exceptional, to say the least....)

Bench 120,135, 145kg . all for one rep. Then 110 for 8reps

Incline 7*102,5 didn't get the desired 8

Mach. fly super set with cables

Incline bb again for 3 sets of 8 with 60kg

Dmb curl

Hmmr curl 6*28kg

Not much gripping. Tomorrow i think my RB210 and RB300 will arrive, so that will be jolly good fun! Hope i can shut it for the first time, that 210 :blush

Damn, no RB grippers yet, hopefully tomorrow. I am really impatient!

Squats, 5 reps 140

3 Reps 170

1 rep 190

1 rep 200, been a long while since i did this. Next week 2 or 3 reps for sure!

Front squats 10, 8 and 6 reps with 70, 80,90 kg

Stiff deads 10,8,6 with 60, 80, 100 kg

Leg press 9 sets in drop set style for 8- 20 reps. Starting at 260kg and strip off 20kg. 260, 240, 220, 200, 180 etc etc until 100

Grippers:

Always feel very strong after squats

warm up #1 for 8 reps

filed #2, closed it for 2 consecutive reps LH.

Filed #2, 3 sets of 3 with RH

Choker #3, closed it 5 times RH, no closes Lefty...... 6 singles each.

Seems more and more i am in the challenge by myself :(

Hey roper, don't suddenly come in knocking, saying you closed the #3!!!

Today we had some 'extreme' snowfall in holland. Hasn't been like this in 25 years! No public transport, no schools open. Good for me, i had the day off, and some good times in the snow.

So i put in an extra day of training. Some shoulder work, and i took my Rollin' thunda to the gym. Had a couple of guys trying it. One guy managed to pull 55kg, with a cocked wrist though. The other guy couldn't even budge 45kg... in his defense, 'i have small hands' .

Anyway, funny to see them struggling. Maybe i'll take it to the gym again, let them train on it.

My own RT work

8*40

5*50

3*55

1*60 LH stopped here

1*65

1*70kg!! So that is one PR for me.... Actually it is 2kg more, counting loading pin.....157lbs....

Edited by DuTCH

Did an attempt on my #3 saturday, come to about a little less than 1/4" on it. Will try to put it on video next time....

My RB grippers are delayed, because mr. Baraban dídn't have them in stock anymore, meaning they will be fresh out of production when i get them..

Put a TNS #2 in my gallery. I had some trouble converting it., First make a movie on digital. The extension was MOV> had to put it to AVI. Then i had to make it smaller. All in all, i managed. The actual close was really hard, because i already closed it several times before it was decent enough....

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...album&album=217

Monday,

Bench, attempted 160 kg, but it didn't go all the way. I felt strong enough, but couldn't get that last budge, stuck half way. I wasn't supposed to max out, but just felt like it. I already got 155, but the 5kg jump was just too big.

incline 6*105

Machine fly with 10*70

Incline again with 70kg for 3 sets of 10

Tuesday, started out again training really heavy for legs. Noticed that i can't go up to fast with the weights. I know my muscles can handle the stress, but my joints can't.

Squats, 2*190kg and 1 *210 .. Next week 200 kg again for some deeper reps... and 190 for 3 or 4 reps...

Front squats, 3 sets of 5 with 70,90, 100kg

Zercher, not from the floor yet. I started this for an upcoming strong man contest... I don't have acces to stones..

4 sets of 3, with 60,80, 100, 110

Stiff deads 5sets of 5 with 60,80,100,110, 120kg pr!

At night grippers, Always feel stronger after squats. I came really close on the #3. Wanted to back my claims up with a video. But had trouble doing a CC set and holding a camera at the same time :blink Did 3 attempts or so, taping attempt #2. Did it seated with the camera on the table. Than, 5 minutes later or so, did an attempt again, standing, and came even a little bit closer than the 2nd time :blink

Anyhow, i now feel it is within my power to close it. RB will send the grippers out tomorrow. I have a feeling if that RB210 is rated as a 2,5 i will be just a few weeks from actually closing a #3....

BTW, the attempt is in my gallery :D

Brought my grippers to the gym again. What a funny thing to do. I made a couple of guys really enthusiastic about the grippers, and they asked me to bring them. Once they got their hands on the grippers, even #1, they started buggin'. Everybody was really frustrated, starting to make fun of it. Saying things like, "oh, dumb fun, some dumb grippers, dumb, stupid" etc. etc. Fact of the matter was, nobody but one 50 year old guy, could close #1....

The old guy, a friend of mine, came to parallel on the #3. That was impressive, but i didn't bother to tell him it was. He found it stupid too :(

So that is how far i can spread the 'gripper love' .

Did train with weights too, shoulders and triceps, nothing fancy... (doesn't mean i didn't train hard!!!) Just not heavy, more reps and sets.

Later dudezz

Finally, my grippers came. RB210 and the RB300. Man oh man, some nice grippers they are! RB210, tried it a few times, came within a sliver of closing it. RB300, well, i don't think so, couldn't even get it to parallel, That thing is a beast. Rb rates the 210 about 2.5 and the RB300 around 3.3, 3.5

Anyway, yesterday i went to my strong man hero. His name is Wout Zijlstra, and he has been in the top 3 of WSM and been strongest man of Holland. Now he participates in the Highland Games. www.woutzijlstra.nl

He invited me to come over to his farm and train a little bit. So i went with my girl, because she wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

Man, was i impressed. Big farm, with everything you need. Stones, a hercules hold, weights, all very old school. It is in a farm, so we were practically training in the mud.

Started out with the log, and got up to 225. It was my first time for everything, so i was content.

Then the hercules hold. Man, that is heavy!! Hercules hold with a little less than 280lbs each hand. First time i got 32 second, and after that i got 37sec. Pretty decent, because i beat two guys who were going to contest with the hercules hold in 4 weeks. They got just 15 seconds....

Then we went over to the stones. Man, i never knew stones hurt that much. Got skin pulled off, and red and blue forearms.. I like it!

Did a 90 kg stone, and then a 100 kg stone.(225) My back hurts like hell, all sore and sh*t.....

Well, that was it. Wout suggested i would go to battle in November. I can still participate in the juniors, because i am 22. So that i quite nice.. It was really awesome trying these things, and i'll definitely go there more often and train for strong man.

:rock

Monday, i hit a pr!! I closed my RB210! After saturday with the hercules hold my hands were really fried and sore. But i figured after some rest, they must have gotten stronger. And they did. I did a few reps on the #1 and went over to RB210. My girlfriend was watching me. I must have done about 2 or three attempts on it, but then i psyched myself up and mashed it! Now dominate the RB and rep that gripper silly!!

Always good to get a new PR!!!

Great job!!!

Thanks Paul, you aren't doing too shabby either....

Squats, 3*200kg

Front squats 5*110kg

Zerchers 1*120kg

Stiff deads 3*130kg

Grippers was a no go. I am still working on the close on the #3, i didn't improve much. I did close the RB210... Maybe i will do some strapholds again and see if that works. I'll use my filed #2 for it.

Had a troublesome weekend. Relationship problems... Couldn't quite focus, and also i am very busy with school.

Saturday i did a easy back workout.

Rack deads, pins just a little lower than the knees.

Ended with 1 rep with 500

Bb rows with 5 reps with 270

Good morning 5 sets of 5 with 125

Pulldowns

My grip work is not what it has used to be. I always have very sore hands, but that isn't the problem. When i do my warmups with #1, and go at the RB210 for instance, i can't budge it like i should. After 3 attempts i can close it, but that is after 3 attempts!! Normally i could go to the max straight out.

Maybe i am going to pick up KTA, to dominate the RB first, and then after the #3 with negatives on RB300.

For now, my workout is

6-8 reps on #1

3 attempts on RB210

5 sets of 1-3 reps #2

Rep out on #1

Rep out on store gripper.

i have to second the rack deadlift. I did 550, about 240 kg.. I am aiming to get 600 before june.

i have to second the rack deadlift. I did 550, about 240 kg.. I am aiming to get 600 before june.

Dutch be carefully. Did read the warning label=danger may cause you to have big gains on the gripper. Alway practice safety on the squats.

:blush thnx moon.

Did some speed benches 6 sets of 2 with 50% of my max

Flat dmb 8*40kg (that is 90lbs and heavier dmbs aren't available...)

INcline with 8*34

Incline bb press 5*100

Machine fly super with cables 3 sets of 8-10

One arm dmb 3 sets of 15

Cable curl 3 sets of 20-25

One arm cable conc. 3 sets of 15-12