Lets Get Ready To Rumble

FrankyBoy

I go to work tonight at 1900 hours...I'm hoping to break 100 total reps with the HG300. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to close it that many times though. I know I have the grip endurance and usually the skin endurance for it. Guess we'll see. This is one of the first times that I'm actually kind of psyching myself up for a casual grip session though. Weird.

On an unrelated note, I need to buy some 5s to start pinch gripping them like Rick was talking about. I don't remember what he said is a good number, but I'll just reread it later. I only have (4) 5s right now. And I know that isn't enough.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• FrankyBoy

• Darco

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

1-7-05 and part of 1-8-05

Midnight shift. I actually started squeezing the life out of the HG300 before I started work. Only a very casual few (@ 3) reps here and there. No time limit. But I did click my last rep exactly 13 hours after I started. No reason. Just seemed like the thing to do. :D

TNS-2" HG300-300 reps total!-***PR :rock ***

My right hand became so raw that I could barely even squeeze the last 20 or so... but I did! And I think I'm tougher for doing it. My hands are fine today and only seem to be irritated by the grippers. Skin-wise, of course. Just for giggles I closed the Trainer, #1, and #2 with a table no set this afternoon when I woke up. Hand is still a bit raw but the strength seems to be in place. Not a huge surprise I guess.

On a side note, one of my trustees almost closed the HG300. He came within 1/8" or slightly closer. Very strong guy all around as well. Asian-American guy with @ 7" hands. He has to set the grippers usually, but with the HG300 he just grabbed it and started squeezing. The spread on some of these HGs is just insane and perfect for small hands as well as big hands.

I started bringing my cut down (1/2" cut off handles) #2 to work again. I used to use it as my "challenge" gripper. It's very close to an easy #3. I'd love to send it to someone who's closed a lot of #3s and have them informally "rate" it for me. Any takers? Come on! Anyway, I managed to close it table no set last night. 2 solid singles. I believe that if I still had my easy #3 that I would be closing it with no set now. Now I'm bummed out again that I got rid of it. And slightly embarrassed. :blush But it went to a very good person on the Board.

Thanks Paul!  That means quite a bit coming from the man (you) who went from closing @ #1 to a #3 in a few months time.  You're a bit of a freak. :D  But that's a good thing.

Yeah but the close is so incredibly inconsistent...I really don't count it.

Diving back into Kta to close it with authority....hopefully.

Nice Job Ben

What are you Joe Kinney now? :D:D That's some insane volume, you gotta love the mental toughness that comes from accomplishing something like that. Good stuff.

Thank you Jad! I am of course only a fraction as strong as Joe Kinney. But I think that the super high volume makes me much stronger mentally than it does physically. I would rather be capable of huge amounts of volume on a respectable gripper than be able to close any #3 but only be able to do it once and then be spent. And I'm not insinuating that most strong guys are that way. :D

TNS-2" HG300-300 reps total

That's awsome, is 2" the natural spread or did you put a hose clamp around it ?

Yesterday a very careful workout during my webcam session with Greg Amidon.

I no-set closed:

filed #2

cert SM

I closed with a set:

RB300N

I missed:

RB330N (1/8)

MM1-Replica (1/8) that one was really bad

Tricky do capture those attemts with a webcam. Nearly no chance to focus on the close.

Afterwards some pain in the elbow region but this morning its a lot better again.

Nice closes Franky Boy!!

Yeah my video was from a webcam...very limited range of focus.

Little meeting today.

Besides bending, vbar and pinch we did a little gripper workout.

I closed (with Set)

RB260, #3

I no-set closed my cert SM quite easily today

and I did a very good attempt on my current goal gripper, a RB330N:

I missed the RB330N by about 1/16 PR

RB330N

Still Shot:

Pic from the vid

Now I'm asking myself why I didn't try the GM. :trout

Martin was a bit off on grippers so we decided to focus on other things and all the things we actually wanted to try (MM1-MM3, Elite, credit card) were replaced.

Will stop my gripper work til my contest on the 5th of february.

If I'm on I do a serious attempt on my GM again.

In the last days I did very few with the grippers.

2-4 closes with my #3 on several occasions nothing more.

I hope that the rest will pay off.

• 2 weeks later...

At the swiss comp in Les Rasses organized by David Hurzeler I closed Davids #3 and an RB300N.

Nice job Franky...How would you rate the RB300N?

Thanks Paul.

About a 3.2 - 3.3.

David closed an 3.22 rated Elite at the Europeans and closed that RB300 too yesterday.

It was a max attempt for both of us.

Comparable to the MM1 replica I own.

Franky is strong on the grippers. his RB300N close was stronger than mine (which I only barely managed on my 3rd attempt). He was not very far from my hard RB300N, which I am 5mm away from!

Edited by the swiss

First contact with the grippers after the swiss comp.

I'm still not fully recovered but I closed my easy #3 again.

Right Hand:

no-sets

T,

#1,

set:

1x#3

0x#4 :tongue

Left hand

no-set

T,#1

set

1xM

3x#2 (best was 1mm)

1xRB210 (~ 1cm)

I decided to signup for the MM1 together with Martin. Assuming to be 5th oder later in the list there is about 2-3 months left to gain the necessary strength for the MM1.

I'm quite sure that I then will be able to close the GM no-set.

Assuming to be 5th oder later in the list there is about 2-3 months left to gain the necessary strength for the MM1.

I'm quite sure that I then will be able to close the GM no-set.

I'm looking forward to your cert - You'll close the MM1 in 2 month - I'm sure, bro! :rock

Well, I signed up for the MM1.

Guess I've now 2 or 2 1/2 months time to prepare.

That cert is more important to me than any other grip stuff so I really start focussing on grippers now.

I will use a workout recommended by handgripperman with a slight modification.

So I do 10 attempts on an Elite (~ 3.5) from monday til saturday on week 1 and 10 negs with an Super Elite (~3.8) from monday til saturday on week 2.

Then I start with week 1 again.

I will include some overcrushes with my filed #2 from time to time.

It this works and I'm able to close the MM1 convincingly then I should be able to close my GM no-set also.

I will start that workout soon and post it here.

Today my first serious gripper workout since several months.

I'm still not fully recovered from the swiss comp two weeks ago. Strange.

Trained just my right:

T,#1,#2,RB210,SM

4xRB300N best was 1/16.

Next session will be on monday or tuesday.

My short term goal is my RB330N on which my best so far was 1/16.

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Less than a week ago I filmed a video of me closing my Cert GM. :D We started the challenge thread about our Cert GMs in November of 2004.

Although I am painfully aware that in a grip contest involving ANYTHING other than TNS closes I would be executed by Franky. Since last year he has EXPLODED strength-wise on everything. Including the grippers. :bow