Lets Get Ready To Rumble

FrankyBoy

Franky, I'm unable to download the movie. I wish I could because I can tell that it must be a very close attempt! How close was it?

I hope to be able to compete at the GBB but am still unsure due to work commitments. And yes I know it's going for a week, but work might have to send me out of state for a bit...so I'll know soon.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• FrankyBoy

• Darco

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays workout:

Right

1x#1

1x#2

1x#GM (1/8)

3xRB210 (1/8)

1x5x#2 (4x, last missed)

Left

2x1x#1

1xRB130

1x3x#1

Then I tried to follow Ben and failed miserably:

I decided to do some higher volume with the #1 lefty and the #2 righty.

To add some extra fun I bend a 6mmx180mm double underhand after 5 closes with the right and the left: After each attempt I switched hands.

L:5x1x#1

R:5x1x#2

Nail Bend

Nail Bend

Nail Bend

Nail Bend

Nail Bend

Nail Bend

=======

Total:

30x1x#1 lefty

30x1x#2 righty

6 nails bent during the no-set workout

Ben: :bow

Franky, you're still the man! You are definitely stronger than me in maximal strength. I can just continue my meager gripping show longer. :D Excellent work on the Cert GM! :bow

I have a different idea for Cert GM progression. Instead of the descending number of cards-I have a 3/8" aluminum rod lying on the counter. I used it instead of the cards because I didn't think it would compress, unless I'm a freak. I'm also considering filing down different sections of it and sliding the gripper down its length (quickly) when closing it and measuring my progress that way. I would just quickly measure the part that I closed the gripper on.

So the end of the rod will still be 3/8" but it will slowly taper down until it hits the end of the other end of the rod. Might not work so well in reality, but I think it sounds awesome on paper! It might actually be a way to finally be able to tell EXACTLY how close each attempt has been.

11-7-04

TNS-Cert GM-Close on 3/8" rod-2 reps total

TNS-Cert GM-attemptsX2-couldn't quite close it on the 3/8" rod

TNS-PDA280-1

TNS-Cert SM-1-held for 5 seconds

TNS-Short #2-1

TNS-PDA262-2 reps total

TNS-Double Filed HG200-4 reps total-just filed it on both sides and it's a beast

Probably wait another 3 or 4 days before I try it again...I miss my high volume already. So I may very well go back to that or try again on the CGM with a slightly narrower piece of aluminum rod.

For all you "high volume groupies" out there... :D

11-8-04

Over a 14 hour period at work-yes it's wonderful to put in that many hours in one freaking day-did a bunch of TNS reps with my Trainer. The highest rep total I've done before with the Trainer was @ 500. I broke that by a bit. I stopped a little over 500 with my left hand.

TNS-Trainer-1,500 total reps!!! :help

Oh my how my skin burned after this workout. It was definitely mental after 1,000 reps. I wanted to see if I could get to 2,000 but it was not meant to be on that day. Another day maybe. I started off with sets of 25 reps. At the end it degenerated into sets of 10-15. I had my cloth tape measure with me and measured my forearms after all the reps...3/4" bigger. And they are still 1/2" bigger today. They are only a tiny bit sore. Might possibly get a bit more sore tomorrow. Anyone on the Board done more reps with the Trainer? Yes, that probably means I have WAY too much time on my hands!

Impressive, 1500 reps eh ? Quite the endurance feat, Any skin left on your hand ?

Thats the sickest workout I've ever seen, Ben. :laugh

Let me get home.

I'll try to get a new PR on the #2 (singles count) and the GM.

Thanks guys. I still have some skin on my hands. I closed a few grippers for the heck of it today, but I won't list them as it was nothing great. Just messing around. Maybe I should do the same thing with the #1, #2, Filed #2, and my Cert SM again. Last time I really tried to hit a rep PR with the CSM I got around 100 total reps. I don't know if I could beat that or not. Tough workout on that one.

Hi Ben,

So are you saying that you have actually done 100 reps on

the Cert SM and can only get the GM to 3/8". I am working on my SM

and this sounds depressing especially if the SM is about 2.6 and the

GM 2.9. Maybe I am not reading this right?

In any event you are definitely the volume master! :mosher

11-12-2004

Warmup (set-closes)

#1 L+R

#2 L+R

RB210 R

No-Set Singles

GM R

#2 L

GM R

#2 L

RB210 R http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1290

#2 L

GM R

#2 L

Singles using a set

MM1 R http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1291

RB210 L http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1289

Alle those pics are still shots from videos. I'm uploading these still shots since Ben told me he has problems viewing the videos. So if anybody wants to see a video, just tell me.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Wow Franky,

So close on that MM1...it will fall soon.

Great job!

Bet you can taste that mother!!! :D

Paul, my Cert SM is above a 2.6 rating. I'd guess closer to 2.8 or in that area. My Cert GM is harder than most #3s I've tried. I'd rate it a 3.1 or slightly higher. I've posted before on the varying range of Cert SMs and GMs due to handle spread. The wider the handle spread, the harder usually. The narrower, the easier usually.

Jonathan, my Trainer is definitely seasoned now. :D I'll see what I can do to the grippers today.

Franky, very nice workout there. I saw that you listed the GM no set work without designating it as an attempt. Have you closed it? If so... :bow

Ben, the GM No-Sets were all attempts.

Not closes.

They were a bit worse than the attempts of my last workout, so I didn't post any pictures.

Indeed, my Cert-GM is for sure easier than yours.

So, don't worry if you need longer, you'll be stronger!

Paul, my Cert SM is above a 2.6 rating.  I'd guess closer to 2.8 or in that area.  My Cert GM is harder than most #3s I've tried.  I'd rate it a 3.1 or slightly higher.  I've posted before on the varying range of Cert SMs and GMs due to handle spread.  The wider the handle spread, the harder usually.  The narrower, the easier usually. 

Jonathan, my Trainer is definitely seasoned now. :D  I'll see what I can do to the grippers today.

Franky, very nice workout there.  I saw that you listed the GM no set work without designating it as an attempt.  Have you closed it?  If so... :bow

11-12-04

Another very long night at work. So I punished the #1 for being insolent!

TNS-#1-550 total reps ***PR!***

This was a PR of 75 reps, at least as far as I can recall. Skin on my right hand began to feel like it might actually peel off the bone. So I stopped. :D

Rested a little too much between my last workout (12th) with the #1. But since I did so many reps with it I figured the skin on my hands would thank me for it at a later date. So I focused my gripper rage on the double filed HG200. It is now officially harder to close than my easy filed #2. It's only a tiny fraction easier to close than my old wide HG250. Not for long, because I plan on filing it even more on both handles before the next assault on it. My very strong sergeant failed to close it on the first 2 attempts because of the extended range of motion. He closed it on his 3rd attempt and told me it was harder than any #2 he's tried. I would agree. At least any unaltered #2.

TNS-Double Filed HG200-300 total reps ***PR!***

Some more filing is in order now. :D

Again, awesome workout Ben.

I did a rest before my meeting with Burkhard Macht this saturday.

We did so much different stuff but I did some no-set closes and attempts too.

Best was the no-set close of his RB210 and I was very close with his RB240 (1/16 or less).

Of course I tried the GM too but much too late: a bit over 1/8".

Video of my GM no-set Attempt

Franky, awesome workout you had with the grippers! Keep it up...

11-22-04

Did some more filing on both handles of the HG200. Enough filing that it made it quite a bit harder than last time to close. My sergeant is completely unable to close it now. AND it's harder than my wide spread HG250 now! Closing the filed grippers TNS is extremely taxing to say the least. It demands an almost perfect placement, which is of course impossible with the TNS. But it does demand a deep focus.

TNS-Double Filed HG200-51 total reps-filed more than last time

Good workout for me. My hands weren't up to the task of performing a huge amount of reps...in fact 51 felt downright extremely low volume to me. Oh well. Maybe as long as I keep getting 10 total reps I'll continue to file the handles down. I change it up so much who knows, or better yet, who cares? :D

11-25-04

A little Thanksgiving day gripper work.

TNS-Double Filed HG200-25 total reps-filed more than last time

TNS-CSM-6 total reps

Hey Ben.

Don't worry I'll be back soon.

On december 11th, I've a meeting with my german grip buddies and hope to do two of my other challenges (bend the blue and lift the BLOB).

Then YOU will be my focus. :devil

Take care buddy.

Good luck Franky! That Blue is a monster and well worth the wait. I wouldn't know anything about the Blob...

11-27-2004

:cry Can barely use the mouse. :D

NS #T, NS #1, SC #2 Left

NS: #T, #1,#2, 2x1xGM crappy attempts Right

NS 3x1x#1 Left

NS 3x1x#2 Right

Then I tried something new:

Double No-Sets

Double No-Sets with #1 lefty and #2 righty.

DNS: 4x1

R: NS 1xGM 1/8 good attempt

L: S 1x#2 1/8

No-Set reps

1x9x#1 lefty

1x10x#2 righty

Franky, excellent work. I have never tried the DNS. I'm going to tonight. But I've already done a gripper workout so I won't expect too much.

Okay, I'm back. I got:

DNS-Right--HG250 & Left--#2 One rep each hand

then

DNS-Left--HG250 & Right--#2 One rep each hand

You've really got to turn on the juice on these! I think fresh I could get a PDA280 (Right) and a Filed #2 (Left).