NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

2 hours ago, Guang Nian said:

Hello, everyone. I'm WenQiang Zhao from China. I am 20 years old  171cm tall and 65kg weight. I started grip training one years ago. Now I can close a COC#3 gripper with GHP block. Although I know this is not outstanding in gripboard, but I will work hard to have a stronger grip strength😁

Many thanks to "WoLi Ba", I have learned a lot of knowledge about grip training. And I think I will gain more in gripboard.

Hope to have a pleasent exchange with everyone.

PS: My English is not very good, so if I type something wrong, please understand.

Your English is fine.. Welcome to the board.. Plenty to learn here.

11 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Welcome @Guang Nian!

12 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's actually really good at that body size.

And welcome to the board.

10 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Your English is fine.. Welcome to the board.. Plenty to learn here.

Thanks very much!

Welcome WenQiang,

if you are getting the #3 now at the age of 20 who knows how far you will go

Hello everyone. I’m Li Pingan from China.You can also call me Yue Ji in the board.I was understanding grip things five years ago.And I restart to training my grip strength from April this year, on that time,my grip strength is about 80kg.Now I can close a HG300(rgc135) griper with GHP block,and on the last day on August in this year I approve my grip strength first time on Grippermania.It’s my first achieve a hundred kilograms of my grip strength. I know it’s not really excellent in the board,I will still work hard and training well in this sport.Because l love grip training so much, and I also like rolling thunder and block training, I grow from these sports a lot.

In addition,I learned lots of knowledge from ‘Wo Li Ba’,which is a grip board in China.I feel gratefully to these guys who teach me how to training.And I believe I can continue step forward here with everyone.I hope to have some pleasant chat with everyone in the grip board.Thank you.

Oh,I forgot to say I’m now 19 years old,187cm tall and my weight is 79kg now.My English is not good enough,please understanding me when I say something wrong.(=゚ω゚)ノ

Edited by Yue JiRen
I type something wrong
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Justin and I have been training grip on and off for around 5 years. I completely shattered my right hand and wrist around 9 years ago and was told I would never write with a pencil again and would essentially be crippled in my right hand. I had surgery and ended up buying some grippers which changed my life. Armwrestling training is my number 1 priority at the moment, and I try to train grip when my wrist and elbow are up for it. 

These are some of the things I've been able to accomplish recently.

Right Hand
Blob 100
Legacy Blob 105
#55 Bumper flip and catch. 
#138 Standard Gripper 
Left Hand
#145 CoC #3 - Funny enough, I never train my left hand and closed the 3 within one week of trying.

Goals for 2023
Thomas Inch Dumbbell 172.5
Red Pill 
Red Nail 
Blob 100 curl

I look forward to crushing goals in 2023 with the veterans and noobs.

Edited by RunningRiot4Fun
  • Like 8

On 11/14/2022 at 6:26 AM, Yue JiRen said:

Hello everyone. I’m Li Pingan from China.You can also call me Yue Ji in the board.I was understanding grip things five years ago.And I restart to training my grip strength from April this year, on that time,my grip strength is about 80kg.Now I can close a HG300(rgc135) griper with GHP block,and on the last day on August in this year I approve my grip strength first time on Grippermania.It’s my first achieve a hundred kilograms of my grip strength. I know it’s not really excellent in the board,I will still work hard and training well in this sport.Because l love grip training so much, and I also like rolling thunder and block training, I grow from these sports a lot.

In addition,I learned lots of knowledge from ‘Wo Li Ba’,which is a grip board in China.I feel gratefully to these guys who teach me how to training.And I believe I can continue step forward here with everyone.I hope to have some pleasant chat with everyone in the grip board.Thank you.

Oh,I forgot to say I’m now 19 years old,187cm tall and my weight is 79kg now.My English is not good enough,please understanding me when I say something wrong.(=゚ω゚)ノ

Welcome to the GripBoard @Yue JiRen!

11 hours ago, RunningRiot4Fun said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Justin and I have been training grip on and off for around 5 years. I completely shattered my right hand and wrist around 9 years ago and was told I would never write with a pencil again and would essentially be crippled in my right hand. I had surgery and ended up buying some grippers which changed my life. Armwrestling training is my number 1 priority at the moment, and I try to train grip when my wrist and elbow are up for it. 

These are some of the things I've been able to accomplish recently.

Right Hand
Blob 100
Legacy Blob 105
#55 Bumper flip and catch. 
#138 Standard Gripper 
Left Hand
#145 CoC #3 - Funny enough, I never train my left hand and closed the 3 within one week of trying.

Goals for 2023
Thomas Inch Dumbbell 172.5
Red Pill 
Red Nail 
Blob 100 curl

I look forward to crushing goals in 2023 with the veterans and noobs.

Welcome to the GripBoard @RunningRiot4Fun!

• Like 1

Hi All - 

PinchByPinch - 34 M from Tasmania (Australia).

I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail this year and lost a lot of upper body strength (hiking for 2000+ miles will do that to you!) so as part of building that back I'm keen to explore the world of grip sports and arm lifting. I'm a hobby climber so that's about the only background I have in this field. I had very strong hands as a kid so suspect I might have some genetic predisposition to do well in grip (at least that's my hope).

I've ordered a few grip tools/implements so I'm excited to test them when they arrive.

I'm ~189cm and 74kg

Cheers

• Like 2

PinchByPinch Welcome to the GripBoard.

we did a little bit of the PCT around the Kennedy Meadows area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! 

I'm Chris, a dentist that currently lives in Tennessee! Here is my grip journey:

I got into powerlifting around 2014 when i was stationed in Tokyo during my time in the USAF. Started to switch up my training out of boredom of SBD and got my first set of CoC grippers/Hub/Block/RT in 2017 while stationed in Germany. Got my DOH deadlift to around 405lbs but I ended up getting the typical grip noob finger injury from using the grippers as fidget spinners lol.

My fingers were still mildly damaged even when as I moved to NYC after separating in 2019. Kept training powerlifting and some weightlifting/strongman movements with the hand problem and ended up adding sciatic nerve issues and a strained bicep...but then the pandemic hit and I quit the gym cold turkey for 6 months and healed up lol.

Civilian dentistry in NYC was too much on the profit side vs actual healthcare and making rent was intense during the pandemic so I got a federal job at an Army base in Kentucky near the TN border! Since I'm a fed now, I sit on my butt a lot so I got back into grip and even started armwrestling training. I dont really program my grip intelligently right now, but I will likely do a training block to focus on an aspect of it some day.

My stats and goals:

Height: 5'7. Weight: 205 (NYC body) up to 240 (Tennessee body, lol). Hands/Wrist: Small!, I need to lose weight for grip and armwrestling stuff.

Squat: 505 lbs (Don't care since my knees are cranky, but I'll progress it)

Bench: 365 lbs (Goal = 405 lbs)

Deadlift: 605 lbs (Goal = 300kg, I hookgrip now so the grip isn't as relevant)

Strict OHP: 230 lbs (Goal = 315 lbs)

I dick around with weightlifting/strongman movements (mainly power clean/power jerk up to 275lbs-ish and mid 200s-ish log)

I have no relevant armwrestling or levering lifts right now since I just started. Although, I do admit that I have to be careful taking out teeth now since my pronation is levelling up now. I feel like I fracture teeth and bone more often now.

Grippers: Closed a GHP 4, I miss the CoC 2 by a couple of mm usually. Goal = Probably a pipe dream but my heaviest gripper is a Grip Genie 6, so I guess I'll aim for that. Gotta finish off that CoC #2 first.

IM Hub: 35 lbs + apparatus righty

IM Block: 45 lbs + apparatus righty

IM RT: 140 lbs + apparatus righty

Tldr: I'm a chubby mediocre powerlifter with a baby grip lol.

Nice to meet y'all!

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, PinchByPinch said:

Hi All - 

PinchByPinch - 34 M from Tasmania (Australia).

I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail this year and lost a lot of upper body strength (hiking for 2000+ miles will do that to you!) so as part of building that back I'm keen to explore the world of grip sports and arm lifting. I'm a hobby climber so that's about the only background I have in this field. I had very strong hands as a kid so suspect I might have some genetic predisposition to do well in grip (at least that's my hope).

I've ordered a few grip tools/implements so I'm excited to test them when they arrive.

I'm ~189cm and 74kg

Cheers

Welcome from Australia to the GripBoard! @PinchByPinch

On 12/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, NoiNoiPinoy said:

Hello everyone! 

I'm Chris, a dentist that currently lives in Tennessee! Here is my grip journey:

I got into powerlifting around 2014 when i was stationed in Tokyo during my time in the USAF. Started to switch up my training out of boredom of SBD and got my first set of CoC grippers/Hub/Block/RT in 2017 while stationed in Germany. Got my DOH deadlift to around 405lbs but I ended up getting the typical grip noob finger injury from using the grippers as fidget spinners lol.

My fingers were still mildly damaged even when as I moved to NYC after separating in 2019. Kept training powerlifting and some weightlifting/strongman movements with the hand problem and ended up adding sciatic nerve issues and a strained bicep...but then the pandemic hit and I quit the gym cold turkey for 6 months and healed up lol.

Civilian dentistry in NYC was too much on the profit side vs actual healthcare and making rent was intense during the pandemic so I got a federal job at an Army base in Kentucky near the TN border! Since I'm a fed now, I sit on my butt a lot so I got back into grip and even started armwrestling training. I dont really program my grip intelligently right now, but I will likely do a training block to focus on an aspect of it some day.

My stats and goals:

Height: 5'7. Weight: 205 (NYC body) up to 240 (Tennessee body, lol). Hands/Wrist: Small!, I need to lose weight for grip and armwrestling stuff.

I dick around with weightlifting/strongman movements (mainly power clean/power jerk up to 275lbs-ish and mid 200s-ish log)

I have no relevant armwrestling or levering lifts right now since I just started. Although, I do admit that I have to be careful taking out teeth now since my pronation is levelling up now. I feel like I fracture teeth and bone more often now.

Grippers: Closed a GHP 4, I miss the CoC 2 by a couple of mm usually. Goal = Probably a pipe dream but my heaviest gripper is a Grip Genie 6, so I guess I'll aim for that. Gotta finish off that CoC #2 first.

Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome Chris @NoiNoiPinoy to the GripBoard! What dental school did you attend and how long practicing?

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, NoiNoiPinoy said:

Hello everyone! 

My stats and goals:

Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome... You gotta work on your key pinch, you'll be pulling teeth out with your hands!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Welcome from Australia to the GripBoard! @PinchByPinch

Welcome Chris @NoiNoiPinoy to the GripBoard! What dental school did you attend and how long practicing?

Hello! I visited Sydney and the Blue Mountains (I think that's what they were called) back in 2015! Beautiful. I'd like to go back some day, but its so far.

I went to dental school at University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Graduated in 2012, so it's been over a decade now. I credit the lifting and grip stuff for keeping my back and hands healthy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Welcome... You gotta work on your key pinch, you'll be pulling teeth out with your hands!

Ooh good idea. People already look at me weird at the base gym with my weird grip and armwrestling toys and movements!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm brand new to gripping,  I'm 53 with arthritic wrists and a goal of being able to open a jar of pickles.

I'll keep you all informed on my progress

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

been lurking for a few weeks here and thought I’d join and introduce 

I’m Ben, 31 from London UK. 

I recently lost the end of my middle finger on my right hand… in November. Super annoying, but it made me think of my grip strength again.

I used to coach Olympic weightlifting, and work as a personal trainer. Always promoting grip strength and at the time I could bent (grip and bend Italian steel) up to 90kg double underhand. 

I still train hard and can move some pretty serious weight in the gym, fit and healthy

but yeah, I’m basically here to keep me locked into my new goals with grip… I don’t want a part of me missing to stop me lol

I have been training for a few weeks in grip again, the finger is okish.

I’ve been watching more technique videos and can now DO 90kg (GBI steel) and DU the same. 

I think I’ll try to continue in DO moving forward… I have new steel coming from Gods of grip over in the uk 

gripper wise, never used them before now. I’ve closed a 2 CoC with quite a struggle so I’d say I’m on 1.5

I have the trainer, 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 and a few unbranded poundage ones 

so, training 

Tuesday/Saturday 

Bending DO/DU rotating every week

A few week 600m screws

a couple of 80kg 

Working upto a 90kg 

just getting through old stock

grippers

building up gripper strength up for a few reps each 

then goal gripper (2) for 

3x5 attempts 

2x3 negatives 

2x3 braced closes  

warm down

ive just got a wringer pro come in the post so will add that too

Goal wise, I would really like to achieve some certifications! I’m aware of the rednail, coc and gods of grip Certs. But wondered if there’s  thread or post that could help me set some certs as goals leading up to them?  

No real questions but any advice very very welcome! 

if anyone’s got any experience with less a finger than Normal, it could be good to hear too! 

but yeah thanks for reading, hope to chat soon and get more and more into this 

Ben

Edited by Badhandben
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, Baron Greenback said:

Hi all,

I'm brand new to gripping,  I'm 53 with arthritic wrists and a goal of being able to open a jar of pickles.

I'll keep you all informed on my progress

Welcome @Baron Greenback!

3 hours ago, Badhandben said:

Hello everyone, 

been lurking for a few weeks here and thought I’d join and introduce 

I’m Ben, 31 from London UK. 

I recently lost the end of my middle finger on my right hand… in November. Super annoying, but it made me think of my grip strength again.

I used to coach Olympic weightlifting, and work as a personal trainer. Always promoting grip strength and at the time I could bent (grip and bend Italian steel) up to 90kg double underhand. 

I still train hard and can move some pretty serious weight in the gym, fit and healthy

but yeah, I’m basically here to keep me locked into my new goals with grip… I don’t want a part of me missing to stop me lol

I have been training for a few weeks in grip again, the finger is okish.

I’ve been watching more technique videos and can now DO 90kg (GBI steel) and DU the same. 

I think I’ll try to continue in DO moving forward… I have new steel coming from Gods of grip over in the uk 

gripper wise, never used them before now. I’ve closed a 2 CoC with quite a struggle so I’d say I’m on 1.5

I have the trainer, 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 and a few unbranded poundage ones 

so, training 

Tuesday/Saturday 

Bending DO/DU rotating every week

A few week 600m screws

a couple of 80kg 

Working upto a 90kg 

just getting through old stock

grippers

building up gripper strength up for a few reps each 

then goal gripper (2) for 

3x5 attempts 

2x3 negatives 

2x3 braced closes  

warm down

ive just got a wringer pro come in the post so will add that too

Goal wise, I would really like to achieve some certifications! I’m aware of the rednail, coc and gods of grip Certs. But wondered if there’s  thread or post that could help me set some certs as goals leading up to them?  

No real questions but any advice very very welcome! 

if anyone’s got any experience with less a finger than Normal, it could be good to hear too! 

but yeah thanks for reading, hope to chat soon and get more and more into this 

Ben

Welcome @Badhandben!

• Like 1

Hi -

I'm Jay.  I'm 37 and from Colorado.  I recognize a lot of you from instagram where I mostly post.  I registered on here some time ago, but I have a hard time being active on forums.  Ego, talking smack, and drama aren't really things I need in my life, and that's what usually goes on in forums, so...I'm mainly here to keep eye out for things that are for sale, and I'd also like to start down the path of the mash monster certs.  I'm certified on the #3, and I can TNS it now.  I'm about to close a cobalt from CCS, so...I'm not to far off from certifying on the #3.5.  I have freakishly large hands, so I definitely have an advantage when closing from the wider sets.

I've always kept my grip strong while focusing on bodybuilding and just enjoying weights, but I started dedicating my training to grip back in September when I realized my genetic gifts and talents have an expiration date.  I certified in November, and the holidays derailed me a bit, but I'm back on track.  I enjoy all the other armlifts and steel bending.  Once I close the #3.5, I will do Crushed to Dust.  I'm like 10lbs off on my RT lift, right now. 

I hope the sport will continue to grow because it has brought a lot of joy and fulfillment in my life, when there hasn't been any otherwise.  Even in my deepest depressive cycles, I can always train grip.  I think a lot of people out there could benefit from gripsport like I do.

I'll pop in here occasionally to post significant feat and strength updates, but if you're interested in keeping a closer look at what I'm up to, I'm on instagram, tiktok, and youtube.  My handle on each one is @dubyagrip.

Peace.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Hi -

I'm Jay.  I'm 37 and from Colorado.  I recognize a lot of you from instagram where I mostly post.  I registered on here some time ago, but I have a hard time being active on forums.  Ego, talking smack, and drama aren't really things I need in my life, and that's what usually goes on in forums, so...I'm mainly here to keep eye out for things that are for sale, and I'd also like to start down the path of the mash monster certs.  I'm certified on the #3, and I can TNS it now.  I'm about to close a cobalt from CCS, so...I'm not to far off from certifying on the #3.5.  I have freakishly large hands, so I definitely have an advantage when closing from the wider sets.

I've always kept my grip strong while focusing on bodybuilding and just enjoying weights, but I started dedicating my training to grip back in September when I realized my genetic gifts and talents have an expiration date.  I certified in November, and the holidays derailed me a bit, but I'm back on track.  I enjoy all the other armlifts and steel bending.  Once I close the #3.5, I will do Crushed to Dust.  I'm like 10lbs off on my RT lift, right now. 

I hope the sport will continue to grow because it has brought a lot of joy and fulfillment in my life, when there hasn't been any otherwise.  Even in my deepest depressive cycles, I can always train grip.  I think a lot of people out there could benefit from gripsport like I do.

I'll pop in here occasionally to post significant feat and strength updates, but if you're interested in keeping a closer look at what I'm up to, I'm on instagram, tiktok, and youtube.  My handle on each one is @dubyagrip.

Peace.

Good to see you on here! You can start a workout log on here too and go into more detail with it than on Instagram or TikTok. 

• Like 4

On 1/19/2023 at 1:54 AM, Badhandben said:

I would really like to achieve some certifications! I’m aware of the rednail, coc and gods of grip Certs. But wondered if there’s  thread or post that could help me set some certs as goals leading up to them?  

Certs to look into:

1 -- Mash Monster 0 (video cert you do with your own COC3, GHP7, or Tetting GM): 

After you do the MM0, you can sign up for the Mash Monster 1 and up (cert with specific gripper that you receive and send back).

2 -- GHP7 (video submission you do with your own GHP7 gripper): https://gillinghamhp.com/challenge/

3 -- Ironmind "crushed to dust"https://ironmind.com/certification/crushed-to-dust-challenge/rules-for-certification/

4 -- Ironmind red nail and many other bending certs (steel rods and bars, horsehoes, etc.); I am not a bender so someone else can inform.

5 -- Any feat at all that is important to you can be judged for success and then forever memorialized in the feats section of the gripboard!  Go to: https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/42227-how-to-get-added-to-the-community-records-and-stats/

NOTE: To make a good video to document a gripper close or to submit for a cert, check out this on youtube: 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:49 PM, dubyagrip said:

I realized my genetic gifts and talents have an expiration date

Yeah, but at 37 you aren't very near it yet.  I think grip sticks around longer than many other youthful strengths.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, but at 37 you aren't very near it yet.  I think grip sticks around longer than many other youthful strengths.

I'm hoping this is the case for me.  I wish I had started this when I was younger.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I'm hoping this is the case for me.  I wish I had started this when I was younger.

Don’t worry, I just got into this stuff seriously 6 months ago after a couple years of screwing around. I too wish I got started when I was 18… you live you learn you move forward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I started at 48.

• Like 3