Another Gripper Log

bencrush

9-8-04

20 hour shift at work! Good news is it was plenty of time to do my gripper workout. :D Always a bright side. Wanted to shoot for 100 reps total with my Cert SM. Thanks for the goal FrankyBoy.

TNS-Cert SM-100 reps total ***PR!*** :rock -right hand

Note: It was a long painful march to 100. The first 40 were pretty easy. Then it started to get a bit hard by 60. Very hard by 80. Insanely hard by 90. And 100 took every bit of will power and insanity that I could muster. Maybe I need an intervention for my "high volume problem." :help

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• FrankyBoy

• Jonathan McMillan

• austinslater

:blink

:bow

Let me solve your small problem:

1xcert GM please.

I'll take the challenge btw. :cool

Lets see who's the wimp. :whistel

Franky, I wasn't challenging you. I was thanking you for giving me the goal of 100 reps with my Cert SM. Besides, I'm not on the same level as you in gripper strength. Thanks again. :)

I know you didn't challenge me.

Since I'm still quite far away from no-set closing my cert GM I thought it would be a nice idea to challenge EACH OTHER.

And theres no chance for me to do 100 singles with the SM right now. :bow

Still not interested? :)

Yes, definitely. I just misunderstood your previous post. I thought I had offended you somehow and wanted to correct it if I had. :D Let's get ready to rumble! :flame Good luck to us both. I'm still at handles to parallel on my good days. How close are you?

:yikes

Party on, Ben. :happy

Check out my latest no-set attempt of a #3:

#3 no-set attempt

That gripper is of the same level as my GM and I had a really really good day.

Tomorrow, besides the certs of Florian (MM1) and Burkhard (MM0) I will give my GM a go without expecting too much since I started bending yesterday. :trout

So, good luck then. :mosher

Great job Frank! I got that video to download, it only took 20 or so minutes. :cry That looked to be about a centimeter or even less. You'll be there soon. The challenge is on!

9-10-04

Did the total reps in 20 minutes thing. Used the Apollon's Axle and a light weight to work on my "conditioning" or rather lack of. I have come to the conclusion that I have the conditioning of a 500 pound pizza delivery driver. :rolleyes Each rep was cleaned and strict pressed.

Fulton Clean and Press-83 pounds-56 total reps-20 minutes

I had to try the Cert GM table no set...STILL only parallel. I'll rest up a few days and give it another go.