• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smitty

• mobsterone

• Jedd Johnson

• Mikael Siversson

Is there a place on the diesel site for confirmed athletes. I'd like to see who all is going to be there.

Is there a place on the diesel site for confirmed athletes. I'd like to see who all is going to be there.

I think we can work on that. I will talk to smitty about it tonight. I would like to wait and make sure people are okay with that, though. Will check back in later.

-Jedd-

If the airfare doesn't kill, my wife might for spending that much. How far is the contest from some of the larger airports in the area? That might make it a bit cheaper.

We are about 3.5 hours from Philadelphia and 5 from Pittsburgh, I'd say.

I think it's like 3.5 to Albany.

I did not get the chance to talk to smitty about the list of confirmed people.

-Jedd-

Philly is not too far out of my way... Clay, if you or anybody else for that matter, needs a ride from the airport, let me know and I'll see if I can't work something out. I don't know when we're leaving, so I can't make any promises.

If I could get a lift it might be better for me to go to Philly rather than NYC / JFK

Flying into Philly would save me almost $300, so that made the trip all the more possible. I will PM you Dan. Thanks.

I'll be coming by way of Pittsburgh. I might be able to pick a couple guys up at an airport there...

I'd also be up for sharing a hotel room. That could significantly lower our costs.

Edited by Sean Dockery

Who is definitely going?

I will post a list is everyone who has given verbal confirmation is ok with it.

If you do not wish me to post your name, just send me a PM....otherwise - I can post the list tonight...

As of now...

Verbal Confirmations from:

Dan Cenidoza

Sean Dockery

John Mannino - Pexter

Rob Vigeant - Midget

Robbie Vigeant - Monkeypaws

Pat Poviliatis - Terminator

Steve Weiner - 3Crusher

John McMillan

Rick Walker

Jim Smith

Jedd Johnson

Eli Thomas

Tommy Heslep

Dave Morton

Steve Gardener - Mobsterone

Clay Edgin

Austin Slater

Murph and his crew (2-3 competitors - TPS)

Edited by smitty

With that list of competitors, it's going to take a 5.5" red, #4 close, 220lb 2 hand pinch, 230lb RT, and 400lb v-bar lift to place in the top 3.

That is what I figured....

BUT

That VBar is very deceiving....

I think as of now we are not using a hook grip on that....but we'll see

Just a thought...have Iron Mind send you a brand new Iron Mind Rolling Thunder..right out of the box. Like at the national contests and other contests they've had in the past? Poundages can then be directly compared and perhaps an 'official'world record can be set.

Very impressive group.

Tom,

Awesome thought on the Rolling Thunder - Ironmind is one of our sponsors and we had asked for that :blush

Thanks bro for the thoughts....

Hey, if you have any other ideas or things you think would make the contest better - please let us know....

Smitty

Tom,

Awesome thought on the Rolling Thunder - Ironmind is one of our sponsors and we had asked for that :blush

Thanks bro for the thoughts....

Hey, if you have any other ideas or things you think would make the contest better - please let us know....

Smitty

You have some good thick bar guys there.

A WR is possible if someone is 'on'.

The contest appears great.

Just have an accurate scale nearby....or pre-weighed plates.

They kinda goofed up on that at the last nationals? :D

Wow, what a group!! I tell you something, records or no records, we will leanr stuff from each other that will lift our games higher than ever before - kicking!!

With that list of competitors, it's going to take a 5.5" red, #4 close, 220lb 2 hand pinch, 230lb RT, and 400lb v-bar lift to place in the top 3.

I don't think there will be any 400lbs lifts on the LGC v-bar replica that I believe will be used, provided a thumb lock is not allowed. Jim Wylie holds the record with some 360lbs and he is very good at it.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Just have an accurate scale nearby....or pre-weighed plates.

They kinda goofed up on that at the last nationals? :D

A very good point. Calibrated weights are used both for the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge and the 2004 European Championship. Please, if possible, provide a video clip of any WR attempt on the LGC v-bar (shot from floor level to allow assesment of lifting height). I think Jim did 163.8k at the last Iron Grip Championship (the bar itself weighs 1.6k).