Global Grip Challenge 2004

smitty

Diesel Crew presents....

http://www.dieselcrew.com/videos/ggc2.wmv - Global Grip Challenge 2004 - Invite Video

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles/pre-reg.pdf - Global Grip Challenge 2004 - Pre-Registration Form

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles/ggc.pdf - Global Grip Challenge 2004 - Rules & Entry Form

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles/ggc-directions2.pdf - Global Grip Challenge 2004 - Directions

Sponsors

YOU WANT IT...COME AND GET IT !!! :rock

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smitty

• mobsterone

• Jedd Johnson

• Mikael Siversson

I have started looking for the cheapest airfare already. I will be there!

Has anyone had any luck finding cheap plane tickets? I can't find anything under $390.

Some big names will be there.

As far as I know, I will be there. I have some employment opps. coming up very soon, so it will be dependant on that.

Hope to see everyone...

Rick Walker :rock

May I suggest a slight change to the v-bar rules? In the LGC we have had this event in several competitions. This lift is not suitable for a down signal as any attempt to hold the weight (max lift) for any period of time (e.g a couple of seconds) is likely to cause substantial loss of skin (trust me) and possible bleeding. It is a very easy lift to judge even without a down signal. If you still go ahead with a down signal there will probably be some exchange of body fluids which is a health hazard. I will send Wannagrip a video clip of skinny me pulling 140k according to the LGC rules. Moreover, for the European championship there is a maximum of 2'' allowed of free bar above the gripping hand. It would god for comparison if this is enforced in your comp as well (as it stands your rules will make the lift easier, allowing to grip the bar further down). Finally, please take the opportunity to purchase a LGC v-bar replica (about $ 35+ shipping) which are now available from Arne Persson (gripboard member), and we will truly be able to compare your v-bar results directly with those from the European championship (and Australian as well).

Has anyone had any luck finding cheap plane tickets? I can't find anything under $390.

You're lucky. The cheapest I found were $480. Anyone want to sponsor an aspiring grip athlete?

I'm gonna be coming with sponsorship (Mick Hart at www.mickhart.com). Without it I'd still be sitting here come September. Indeed I have just yesterday been offered free of charge some bars (8mm bright steel cut to lengths I speicified) to bend by Stan Pike to help towards costs of competing (cheers Stan). From the UK the best price I have seen is £267.00 / $495+ and that only gets me to JFK. From there I am, by the looks of things, going to be using a bus company to NYC and then onwards to somewhere else b4 Smitty etc may be able to pick me up (anyone going from NYC and want to split gas costs??).

Oh and for some reason I cannot get the directions PDF to download.

Will there be a trophy for coming the furthest?? ;)

Steve,

I sent you an email with the directions...

Oddly they opened for me....maybe I will have to upload them again. They are just a link to Yahoo to put in the destination.

Did you call about the bus schedule.

I have another contact for that who can help you out directly...I will email that to you tonight when I get home...

Found on Jedd's website:

Leave Fri., Sep. 17 Minneapolis, MN (MSP)

Return Sun., Sep. 19 Binghamton, NY (All Airports)

$388

The PDFs aren't working for me either. Just causes the computer to freeze up. Any chance you can put those files into HTML docs?

Sorry you guys are having trouble with the site again. Not sure why that shit constantly happens. People always have trouble getting stuff from us.

More ticket hits for the Scranton, PA airport.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/trs/cheapticke...are_results.xsl

Has there been a price hike since I went out there in January?

-Jedd-

Clay / Everyone,

Please try the forms again....Let me know if you can access them...

for some reason I cannot access the forms. Are they working now? thanks, Ryan

The links in this thread didn't work but I was able to open the pdf's directly from the dieselcrew.com website, anyone who was having trouble I suggest they try this.

Jon@han