The 'new' style?

Good results there Burki!

• 1 month later...

Very nice Burki!!! :rock

I did some pinch work today.

Here are the results:

15kg plate pinch around back

20kg Hub lifts

I deleted the plate pinch video because I decided that it's not good enough! I'll post the next pinch video if I can do somthing spectacular with two 15kg plates....

hmm, wasn't anything wrong with it neighbour!! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

I'm focussing on fatbar now - to lift the Inch Db some day, to be precise. I haven't a clue when I'm strong enough to do this feat but I'll seriously give it a try (and will never give up) happy.gif

Inch DB cheat lift on my bed

I thought it would be nice to dig out my old log and post frome time to time about my progress.

Was interesting to see that some things in my training changed radically and other things (like the quoted) stayed the same!

My main interest are InchDBs and Blobs for sure...

• Like 2

How is your Training going, mate?

How is your Training going, mate?

Thanks for asking bro.

I did some blob work today. I was pretty tired from the activities of last weekend so I was happy about 5x Blob50 right hand and 4x left hand. I skipped InchDB work to do a bit of grippers since years - nothing worth mentioning for sure.

Nice Blob Lifting!

Thanks, bro!

Did some hand health stuff today - including hand resistance, towel roll ups and shot rotations. The shot rotations inluced rotations with two different shot weights, rotations with palm up and with palm sideways. Also did some twofinger lifts with the heavier shots and single shot rotations around the middle and pointer finger.

Tried Blobs today - and was unable do lift the Blob50. Seems that I've overdone Blob a bit, or whatever... So I did some InchDB work and lifted a 57kg InchDB with 2,5kg attached 6x each hand. Returned to Blobs, decided to take it easy and cleaned the 35# several times.

Tried blobs again but did not manage a full deadlift of the Blob50 - seems to be obvious that my nervous system is tired in this special lift.

InchDB DL (simultan): 6x1x51kg (left hand) and 57kg (right hand) and vice versa

TTK dynamic keypinch bothhanded with band tension 5x1x15

Will avoid heavy blob lifts the next sessions to get back!

Took it easy today to regain my strength. Did some shot rotations with different shot weights and hand resistance.

• Like 1

Sometimes it's smart to ease off the training... I always learn the hard way!!

Yes, often enough for me too. I had the impression days before that it will end in a (hopefully temporary) strength loss but I kept going heavy. Being more sensible is the answer...

Tried Blobs again just to see if anything have changed - but no - it's still off time! Blob50 just feels stupid in my hands.... So I tried my first ever blob overand tosses. The 35# was a bit too wide (or I'm to weak..) so I tried the 30# which felt good - 6 tosses that's it for the blobs today!

After that TTK bothhanded dynamic keypinch vs band tension (5x1x15).

Fatbar nothing special: each hand 10 reps with 55kg Axle OHDLs (alternating)

Hopefully next week will be better...

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Very light axle DLs: 2x12x55kg

3x3x95kg

fatbar chins: 3x3x4,8mm

No maxing out cause of headache and to keep it easy on grip to come back stronger. DLs also light because of my hamstring injury 6 weeks ago.

Tried the Blob50 again - hands were feeling comparable dangerous before training!! But the Blob50 flew only about 20cm up lefty and righty.... So I tried the 40# with additional weight! I lifted it with 3,5kg attached wich equaly my PB from August last year. Then I tried +4kg and lifted it around 30cm both hands. Plate Pinch after that ended in several 2x20kg plate lifts both hand. Finished off with light wirstroller. So it seems my wide pinch is off but no my narrow pinch!

Very light blob work because I injured both thumbs falling down some steps: 6x30# and 6x35# blob each hand, no fatbar.

InchDB work

right hand: 3x1x51kg

17x51kg (reps in 60sec)

12x51kg (reps in 60sec)

left hand: 3x1x51kg

12x51kg (reps in 60sec)

10x51kg (reps in 60sec)