Grip Train Log

burkhardmacht

Blob work:

5x40# and 3x40# Blob (each in 60sec with 60sec rest)

4x40# and 3x40# Blob (each in 60sec with 60sec rest)

Looks extremely weak compared to my normal blob capabilities but I trained in the morning. That means nearly no sweating for me and with totally dry and slick hands blob is a hit and miss. The mix of sweat and chalk does an enormous difference! Time to recover on the weekend to come back on Monday...

Blob work

10 attempts with the Blob50 - left hand 6 full lifts, right hand 2 full lifts. All lifts werde easy - seems to me that the right chalking is my biggest problem! As long as there's too much chalk on the hands and the blob I do not succeed.

InchDB work

righty and lefty 6x57kg InchDB (+2,5kg added) - felt good!

Nice Blobbing mate!

Thanks!

Yesterdays training:

DO Axle DL

8x55

6x95

6x1x115 (still I do not trust my left hamstring after the injury so I was careful - no problem for the grip for sure)

InchDB (left and right)

6x1x57

Blob (left and right)

6x1x40# (very easy - each with a hold for several seconds)

Was pretty tired from working with the chainsaw a lot at the weekend so I took it easy.

Awesome to see you posting again! Keep it up!

Thanks, Nick! Hope everything goes well for You!

Thanks!

Yesterdays training:

DO Axle DL

8x55

6x95

6x1x115 (still I do not trust my left hamstring after the injury so I was careful - no problem for the grip for sure)

InchDB (left and right)

6x1x57

Blob (left and right)

6x1x40# (very easy - each with a hold for several seconds)

Was pretty tired from working with the chainsaw a lot at the weekend so I took it easy.

Just recognized that this very post is my 2000. post on this board!! On to the next 2000.... :mosher

Today I tried DO Axle Cleans (after a very long time) - they felt good and I'll add this exercise to my workouts from time to time.

3x6x55kg nothing heavy for sure...

Blob work

Warmed up with several sets of squats until I was sweating - always important for me if I do blobs!

left and right hand:

1x1x30#

1x1x35

1x1x40#

left: 6x1xBlob50

right: 7x1xBlob50

I could have done a few more singles but decided to end the session here to not overdo it. Try to duplicate this session next week two times - perhaps I'll be able to put on extra weight after that. There's still the double lift to do which had never worked for me until now...

Warm up with squats - this really helps!

Blob work

right and left hand

1x1x30/35 and 40#

1x8xBlob50 (!) Those lifts included two double lifts! This is a all time PR for me. After so many years of blob training is was an awesome feeling to finally be able to do it. Three times before I was very close to a double lift but never managed it completely. Very cool day - especially because I'm the first German to do this feat!

Just the lift before the first double lift I added 1kg to the Blob50 and budged it righty. I did not videotape the lifts but I'll do it on friday - hopefully I'm strong enough again.

Edited by Burkhard Macht
  • Like 1

Great work with the Blobs, mate!

Thanks bro!!

Today I trained blobs again - to get the video done!

Warm up with light squats

blob warm up (left and right hand)

1x1x30#, 35# and 40# (all felt VERY easy!)

right hand 5x1xBlob50

left hand 6x1xBlob50

Those lifts included 4 double lifts which I all videotaped. The lifts were not as good as on Monday but I hope it is enough for the list.

Nice work! Hard work is the key!

Thanks, Flo!

InchDB work (felt a bit weak after the blob work yesterday but had to do some fatbar this week)

left hand

3x1x51kg

2x1x57kg (+2,5kg)

8x1x57kg

right hand

3x1x51kg

4x1x57kg (+2,5kg)

8x1x57kg

Fatbar

DO Axle DL

8x55kg

8x55kg

6x95kg

3x115kg

2x125kg

6x1x135kg

Not totally easy for the grip but I used this mainly to build trust in the Axle DL again and in my left hamstring which I injured 8 weeks ago.

Pinch

Plate Pinch with 2 20kg discs

left hand

5 attempts (lifted all from the floor but not over 25cm high)

right hand

4 out of 5 attempts (all with a solid hold in lockout position)

Blob (left and right)

6x1x40# (each with extended hold - pretty easy!)

Fatbar

InchDB

right hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

4x1x63kg

left hand

3x1x51kg

6x1x57kg

Hand Resistance

4x1x30 (each hand)

Fatbar felt pretty weak but I have to admit that I did not train fatbar a lot these days in order to get the double blob lift done. So hopefully I'll get stronger in the fatbar the next weeks while doing blob a bit more slow cooking style.

Blob

left and right

1x1x30/35/40#

4x1xBlob50 (as Double lifts!)

left hand

3x1xBlob50 (right hand too weak!)

Hand resistance

4x1x50

InchDB

left hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

6x1x57kg (+2,5kg)

right hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

6x1x63kg

Plate Pinch with 2 20kg plates (left and right)

6x (all assisted - too weak today)

Hand health

1. Shot rotations with different shot weights (nearly managed a full rotation with my palms facing down - any hints or video links how to do this are much appreciated!)

2. Towel roll ups 4x1x3 (over 400g of lead in the bucket!)

3. Hand resistance 5x1x50

Will skip the Friday workout because I'm off to a fishing trip - 2x8 hours of casting heavy artifical lures - usually that's more than enough for my wrists... :whacked

Edited by Burkhard Macht

• 2 weeks later...

Recovered more or less from the fishing trip and back to GRIP!

Blob work

I started with 30, 35 and 40# blob - and had problems! I had mega dry hands and my body did not want to sweat - even the 35# was really difficult to lift!

So I decided to do InchDB first!

right hand

1x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

1x1x63kg

1x1x69kg (first time after a really long time!)

6x1x63kg

left hand

1x1x51kg

6x1x57kg

After the InchDB - no sweat.... If You are squatting right in front of the oven (which is near melting point) in a double layer of thermo function clothes then You can honestly ask yourself: "Where did it all go wrong?" :grin: But this did the trick - even if I still wasn't sweating! Just felt pretty warm...

right hand

6xBlob50

left hand

3xBlob50

BUT: I needed a lot of attempts - probably around 20!!

Tuff stuff today - hopefully better on friday!

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Tried some very light pronator stuff for the first time - felt pretty good!

Today my new training partner tried some blobs and InchDBs and despite I did InchDB yesterday I was motivated to try a double lift - left hand 57kg and right hand 63kg - did this only once on my life and today twice! The question came to my mind which blob and InchDB I can do as a double lift. Will try this in the near future...

Pretty impressive. And kudos on the 11 year log! Wow!

Thanks a lot! Yes, I started this log pretty early but dicontinued it soon after. Now I'll keep it up and hopefully will be able to post some good results!

Yesterdays training:

InchDB

right hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

1x1x63kg (+1kg) - felt heavy because I've already done a lot fatbar this week - so no surprise

3x1x63kg

3x1x57kg

left hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

2x1x57kg (+2,5kg)

5x1x57kg

Today I work a lot with the chain saw while feeling pretty dizzy and sick the whole day. Might skip Monday workout due to this and come back more fit on Wednesday.

yesterday training:

InchDB

right hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

6x1x63kg

left hand

3x1x51kg

1x1x57kg

6x1x57kg (+2,5kg)

Not a super workout but I'm satisfied with my left hand and a least my right hand is on a good level even when feeling not totally fit. Hurted my right thumb a bit last week by lifting so much splitted wood so I will have to skip blob work a few times....