Tiziano's 3.5 certification video second angle

Jared P

6 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

I mean just look at the spring's color compared to the grippers on the wall.. Ironmind CoC are all darker

springs1.png

That sort of sorts out a potential lighting difference claim 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex K said:

That sort of sorts out a potential lighting difference claim 😄

Good point..

31 minutes ago, Alex K said:

To me the most striking thing is the gripper. This is not an IronMind GR8 spring, period. Not under any lighting. Looks like the spring of those counterfeit CoCs 😄

I have seen a ridiculous amount of IM grippers, none ever had that bright of a spring, not even remotely close. This is also not just a single shot, it can be observed throughout the whole video.

36CFC019-8C9C-44A6-9583-28EAC4103BE5.thumb.jpeg.832f45cdabd8067c512eb6e73108b82f.jpegC5B05735-592C-4ADA-8DF2-CE9618B037EB.thumb.jpeg.254d44a94fb64b7bd57579e0d89e744d.jpeg

This is exactly what I was just looking at. I was comparing the spring on the one Tiz closed to a bunch in my collection in bright light. Nothing even comes close. It's closer to the color of my Silvis Monster Hunters than to any of my IM grippers be it old or new. Even the more recent IM acquisitions from Cannon (that haven't had time to be neglected by me) aren't anywhere near as bright. It looks like the counterfeits off of Amazon as seen by those bought by Gabriel Beadle here:

aka @dubyagrip was onto something lol

Edited by HandsMcHanderson
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex K said:

100% agreed. It’s not just a thing concerning the cert list, but the cert process in general and IronMind as a brand. 

Like I said, I'm beyond upset at this situation. I worked my butt off to certify in 2012. Actual blood shed happened to make the cert happen. And countless others who wanted the same goal of becoming a CoC. And years later, one person decided since they weren't strong enough, it could possibly screw everything up for us all in the past. If a person decides to question one cert, then all certs can be put into question. And that is something I'm not happy about.

I hope IronMind does the right thing, no matter the changes that will come from this.

• Like 8

This is a stain on Randalll’s legacy.  I hope he responds appropriately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I'd discourage anyone going into detail of how these manipulations can be done.  I'll continue to show what I'm able to concoct, but I won't be explaining the how.

I think it would be important to share any info with anyone judging either MM or IM so this can be better prevented in the future. But for people that don't cheat, no reason to know 😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:
1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I think it would be important to share any info with anyone judging either MM or IM so this can be better prevented in the future.

With the plans I have for Mash Monster, nothing that happened here will be relevant. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Lord why cheat?? Is there a million $ cash prize for cert’n on grippers im not aware of? Lol

Enjoy the ride on the journey or strength. Best feeling of actual true accomplishment!

• Like 1

Hope this gives dude a wake up call tho in anything he pursues in his future tho.

Good eyes on whomever caught that. I guess Bruce or Derek P? Can’t remember which 

33 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Like I said, I'm beyond upset at this situation. I worked my butt off to certify in 2012. Actual blood shed happened to make the cert happen. And countless others who wanted the same goal of becoming a CoC. And years later, one person decided since they weren't strong enough, it could possibly screw everything up for us all in the past.

Same man, I never wanted to sound like a jealous prick and call foul on those effortless gripper closes, but inside I felt anger knowing something was up. I feel relief and gratitude to those that got to the bottom of it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex K said:

To me the most striking thing is the gripper. This is not an IronMind GR8 spring, period. Not under any lighting. Looks like the spring of those counterfeit CoCs 😄

I have seen a ridiculous amount of IM grippers, none ever had that bright of a spring, not even remotely close. This is also not just a single shot, it can be observed throughout the whole video.

36CFC019-8C9C-44A6-9583-28EAC4103BE5.thumb.jpeg.832f45cdabd8067c512eb6e73108b82f.jpegC5B05735-592C-4ADA-8DF2-CE9618B037EB.thumb.jpeg.254d44a94fb64b7bd57579e0d89e744d.jpeg

related to this:

• Thanks 3

Another observation about cheated grippers...

I've done another experiment, and there is no "pulling the spread back open" from a gripper that has been cooked.  There were comments in another thread where they thought an individual pulled the gripper back with their fingers after a close.

I tried to bend it like a horseshoe, and I got maybe 1mm back.  You could do it with tools but not your bare hands.  Discoloration is also a big problem.

• Thanks 1

Here is a test with a cooked gripper.  This spring's lustre and sheen look just like the one in the Grippermania comparison photo between the legitimate attempt made by @SeNoLD and the "attempt" by our boy.  I believe the spring was swapped and cooked on that attempt.  This spring is not oiled.  It is bone dry.

This 3.5 went from 73mm to 61mm, and it feels like 150-160 RGC.  It was 182 prior.  I haven't been training grippers, so stop laughing.

Also, I'm stamping the handles of the grippers I'm screwing with so they can't be used in any meaningful way other than to show what this crap looks like.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Here is a test with a cooked gripper.  This spring's lustre and sheen look just like the one in the Grippermania comparison photo between the legitimate attempt made by @SeNoLD and the "attempt" by our boy.  I believe the spring was swapped and cooked on that attempt.  This spring is not oiled.  It is bone dry.

This 3.5 went from 73mm to 61mm, and it feels like 150-160 RGC.  It was 182 prior.  I haven't been training grippers, so stop laughing.

Also, I'm stamping the handles of the grippers I'm screwing with so they can't be used in any meaningful way other than to show what this crap looks like.

Gotta pour one out for the good grippers that were maimed in the name of science today.

At this point, I'm curious what the spring started life as that he was messing with and what his actual abilities are. Seems like reality is getting clearer and clearer though.

7 minutes ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

Gotta pour one out for the good grippers that were maimed in the name of science today.

At this point, I'm curious what the spring started life as that he was messing with and what his actual abilities are. Seems like reality is getting clearer and clearer though.

I have venmo. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

“Don’t worry about that” 😂 “Don’t look at the spring”😂

4 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I'd discourage anyone going into detail of how these manipulations can be done.  I'll continue to show what I'm able to concoct, but I won't be explaining the how.

This stuff is not anything new and it was actually pretty common knowledge at one point in time.  As I referred to earlier in this thread, years ago a member named Timmy played this same game.  His grippers were "foot-stomped".  Several guys on this board did experiments at that time by purchasing new grippers, putting a piece of pipe through the spring, and then keep stomping them shut until they became mushy.  I don't recall the exact number of reps it took to get the desired effect, but I do remember that it wasn't as many as I originally thought it would take.   I'd bet money that's what this guy did to his grippers.  Highly unlikely he used a blow torch or some other method.

3 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

This stuff is not anything new and it was actually pretty common knowledge at one point in time.  As I referred to earlier in this thread, years ago a member named Timmy played this same game.  His grippers were "foot-stomped".  Several guys on this board did experiments at that time by purchasing new grippers, putting a piece of pipe through the spring, and then keep stomping them shut until they became mushy.  I don't recall the exact number of reps it took to get the desired effect, but I do remember that it wasn't as many as I originally thought it would take.   I'd bet money that's what this guy did to his grippers.  Highly unlikely he used a blow torch or some other method.

I'm not claiming its new.  I'm putting legs under and actually trying the things that people have been speculating about for the last two years.  It's best to not describe the methods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work, everyone. Thanks for sacrificing your time and money to figure these things out @dubyagrip. All of these cheating methods being exposed is only going to make the sport and certifications more meaningful, with less possible nonsense or fraud, in the future. The counterfeit grippers is another excellent find @Alex K @matek @HandsMcHanderson.

3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Give it a few days for IronMind to sort it out on their end. This is serious matter for them as a company. I almost want to bet there might be some changes to their rules because of this.

3 hours ago, Alex K said:

100% agreed. It’s not just a thing concerning the cert list, but the cert process in general and IronMind as a brand. 

3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Like I said, I'm beyond upset at this situation. I worked my butt off to certify in 2012. Actual blood shed happened to make the cert happen. And countless others who wanted the same goal of becoming a CoC. And years later, one person decided since they weren't strong enough, it could possibly screw everything up for us all in the past. If a person decides to question one cert, then all certs can be put into question. And that is something I'm not happy about.

I hope IronMind does the right thing, no matter the changes that will come from this.

Agreed, with all of this.

This is actually a fairly big ordeal for IronMind, all thing considered. I do not think they will be taking this lightly.

31 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

I remember Timmy very well, and the foot stomping shenanigans! I have assumed it would be found to be the trick Tiziano used. 

Edited by Mashmonster268
  • Like 1

This is just shocking. I had no idea that counterfeit IM grippers where out there. It’s so sad that people are doing this. There is no money in it and the community is so small. And ya in pissed I signed up for the cert years back and literally torn my pulley at a comp right before and had to cancel or I would be on the 3.5 list. I trained my butt off 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

And the “thanks Mr Randall for this opportunity.” That’s what really hurts haha

• Like 4

I'm the one who helped him contact Ironmind for the cert.  😬

This is all my fault! 🤪

So?….memes? haha. Jk mods lol 

Edited by Chez