Doug Dude's Training Highlights

Douglas Carney

York Legacy 105 Blob - First Test Flight 05-06-2024

York 90 Pre-USA - Today was the first time I lifted this to lockout with my right hand.  Happy to see that progress.

York Legacy 105 - This just arrived today and I wasn't sure what to expect.  The York Legacy line seems to bow out pretty far on one side which I thought would be a challenge.  Either way...this will be a stepping stone to the half 110 (and beyond).

York 100 NextGen - Last lift today.  Felt harder than the 105 but could just be that I was tired at this point.

Musical Inspiration:  "March of the S.O.D.", "United Forces", and "Freddy Krueger" from the album "Speak English or Die" by Stormtroopers of Death (S.O.D.) released in August 1985.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

York Legacy 105 Blob - First Test Flight 05-06-2024

York 90 Pre-USA - Today was the first time I lifted this to lockout with my right hand.  Happy to see that progress.

York Legacy 105 - This just arrived today and I wasn't sure what to expect.  The York Legacy line seems to bow out pretty far on one side which I thought would be a challenge.  Either way...this will be a stepping stone to the half 110 (and beyond).

York 100 NextGen - Last lift today.  Felt harder than the 105 but could just be that I was tired at this point.

Musical Inspiration:  "March of the S.O.D.", "United Forces", and "Freddy Krueger" from the album "Speak English or Die" by Stormtroopers of Death (S.O.D.) released in August 1985.

Awesome, I’ve been growing more and more interested in blob lifting, don’t think can find them in my area though 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

Awesome, I’ve been growing more and more interested in blob lifting, don’t think can find them in my area though 

I also don't think so.
But Nathan Holle ships internationally, so I guess he can send it to Malaysia. You just need to contact him directly for shipping rates https://inchdumbbells.co.uk/products/grip-equipment/blobs-52908305

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruxGripman said:

Thank you!

4 hours ago, matek said:

I also don't think so.
But Nathan Holle ships internationally, so I guess he can send it to Malaysia. You just need to contact him directly for shipping rates https://inchdumbbells.co.uk/products/grip-equipment/blobs-52908305

Doesn't hurt to ask Nathan Holle about shipping.  Legacy blobs from Gods of Grip have been out of stock for forever.  Only other blob I can think of internationally is KWN but they weren't shipping outside of Japan.  So Holle blob may be your best chance...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruxGripman said:

Buyee ship to Malaysia (Japanese buy & ship service) - they'll take a small fee but have cheap shipping options if you can get ECMS.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PinchByPinch said:

Buyee ship to Malaysia (Japanese buy & ship service) - they'll take a small fee but have cheap shipping options if you can get ECMS.

In that case @CruxGripman, I can really recommend the Kuwana blobs. I have the KWN40, 50, and 55. They also have a cert list for the KWN50 and above. I've certed on the KWN50, and they even sent a nice signed cert document (I'm not sure if they would send it outside of Japan though)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

In that case @CruxGripman, I can really recommend the Kuwana blobs. I have the KWN40, 50, and 55. They also have a cert list for the KWN50 and above. I've certed on the KWN50, and they even sent a nice signed cert document (I'm not sure if they would send it outside of Japan though)

Now I'm curious whether any of these US athletes applied for the cert:

Just a few names that came to mind and for which I was able to quickly find videos.  There may be more...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Just a few names that came to mind and for which I was able to quickly find videos.  There may be more...

I know that Ben and Zach are certified on multiple blobs and types of lifts, but I am not sure about Jedd. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

They never sent us our certificates. The list also just continued to grow as well so i think they didnt want to send all of those certificates over seas to be honest. On the 50 and 55, just for me, I had a cert for a snatch, transfer, clean, curl, and deadlift, and then the deadlift for the 60. Zach had a few as well and then Jedd had his 60 lift. We did those lifts a long time ago and never got a cert. we are in their website list though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

They never sent us our certificates. The list also just continued to grow as well so i think they didnt want to send all of those certificates over seas to be honest. On the 50 and 55, just for me, I had a cert for a snatch, transfer, clean, curl, and deadlift, and then the deadlift for the 60. Zach had a few as well and then Jedd had his 60 lift. We did those lifts a long time ago and never got a cert. we are in their website list though. 

I think they made the snatch a category just because of you haha.

Btw the cert categories are lift, clean and press, snatch, and transfer.
I've got the cert, but they forgot to put me on the list 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, matek said:

I know that Ben and Zach are certified on multiple blobs and types of lifts, but I am not sure about Jedd. 

Thanks Matek!

6 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

Bummer about the hard-copy cert Ben.  Would have been a cool addition to your gym and Zach's "Temple of Truth."

• Like 3

Hey Doug

Very inspirational. Watching you with these blobs, has inspired me to increase with pinch blocks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Doug

Very inspirational. Watching you with these blobs, has inspired me to increase with pinch blocks.

Thanks John!  You've created some awesome pinch blocks.  I'd want to lift those every workout if I had them in my gym!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ben Helms said:

That’s hogwash unless you had a 3rd party ship for you.

surely your videos and others here in the states have given them some sales..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matek said:

Id rather have the hard copy! Hahah isnt the paper different? Like a rice paper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Im not sure if people have been buying them but I always get asked about those blobs. Very good looking blob with fantastic texture!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

2 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

Im not sure if people have been buying them but I always get asked about those blobs. Very good looking blob with fantastic texture!

I haven't tried to have one shipped (yet) but I bookmarked that Amazon link a long time ago based mainly on how fun/cool Ben made them look (as well as the unique/mystique factor of not having many in the US).

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 3

In non-blob news, check out what my friend @pancho_grip_lift sent me from Chile!

Really appreciate him handling the logistics to make this happen.  I'll find a good spot in my gym to display them proudly.

GripSport Latino Setting Blocks 05-07-2024.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I couldn't care less about a certificate, to be honest.  I'm happy with my name on the list.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

In non-blob news, check out what my friend @pancho_grip_lift sent me from Chile!

Really appreciate him handling the logistics to make this happen.  I'll find a good spot in my gym to display them proudly.

GripSport Latino Setting Blocks 05-07-2024.jpg

Yuhuuuu I'm so happy you recieved them! Thanks again for your trust and patience 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Yuhuuuu I'm so happy you recieved them! Thanks again for your trust and patience 🙏🙏🙏

Turned out perfect.  Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, matek said:

I just got my 50 today and lifted it, who do I see about this list 😅

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PinchByPinch said:

I just got my 50 today and lifted it, who do I see about this list 😅

Message me the youtube video and your name, I'll contact them for you

and congrats!

Edited by matek
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

York Legacy 105 Blob - Fun with Magnets 05-09-2024

Tried a York Legacy 110 Blob this afternoon but only broke the ground.  So I dropped back down to 105 and added magnets to help me work up to the heavier Legacy blobs.

Round 1 - York Legacy 105 Blob plus two Bare Steel Equipment Micro Stack Weight Pins (53.0 lb total)

Musical Inspiration:  "Among the Living" by Anthrax from the album "Among the Living" released in March 1987.

Round 2 - York Legacy 105 Blob plus two Bare Steel Equipment Stubby Stack Weight Pins (55.6 lb total)

Musical Inspiration:  "Madhouse" by Anthrax from the album "Spreading the Disease" released in October 1985.

• Like 5

Back to using the York Krusher – New PR 05-12-2024

Took a couple months off from bench press and the York Krusher after over-doing it a bit.

Good news is I hit a personal record of one giant spring and four small springs with my first day back.

NOTE:  While I was able to crush one giant spring and two medium springs about halfway closed, this was my last solid set.

Musical Inspiration:  "Revolution Is My Name" by Pantera from the album "Reinventing the Steel" released in March 2000.