Journey To The 3.5 Cert - dubyagrip

dubyagrip

the energy from everyone has me feeling unstoppable

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Starting the MM ladder with my left. It finally feels good and strong with grippers.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I really dropped the ball here on updates.

I did not attempt the 3.5 cert at KK 2023.

I caught COVID several weeks prior, and I also reinjured my wrist a week prior.  In order to preserve my ability for a strong showing and world record at King Kong, I stepped away from my CCS gripper training.  I do have the cert gripper, as Ironmind sent it anyway, but the package is still sealed as it was delivered to me by the post office.  I will plan to attempt it soon, if Ironmind will still honor it.  I don't see an issue, as I stated the package is unopened in my desk.

Stay tuned.

EDIT: I made an advanced effort to let Doc Randall know before the gripper was set to be shipped.  He was very understanding and accommodating.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Now that all comps are over for 2023, it is time to go back to my first love...

This was more about figuring out where I am on grippers than anything else so I can get back in shape on them and finally cert the 3.5...

• Like 5

32 second silver bullet @ 170 RGC

Tetting Elite

• Like 3

i went pretty in-depth with how i found my way back on track towards certification now that I'm refocused on grippers.

• Like 6

nice 

Being consistent will get you there

30 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

i went pretty in-depth with how i found my way back on track towards certification now that I'm refocused on grippers.

I love this sort of content! Very informative, and a great update on your situation! Keep it up, you’re doing awesome! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The journey, once again, nears its end.

Got a random 3.5 from Amazon, I wish you could have seen my face when I saw the spread. This one was 76mm. My 182 RGC 3.5 is 72mm. I sense my cert gripper will be narrower than both. I will certify on this goddamn son-of-a-bitch next week and end this chapter in my gripper journey.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 7

sooooooo close , you will get it before the end of the year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I FAILED! 💀

That’s unfortunate, but also incredibly impressive! You’re in a rare group as it is, and you’ll certainly get it very soon. Awesome work! I’ve been loving seeing your posts so far. :) 

• Like 3

You gave that thing a ride man. You’re also attempting this at a time when #3.5s have been, on average, the hardest CPW have ever tracked. That gripper is no daisy. You will be on this list. 

• Like 6

Yeah man you will be on this list soon. You didn’t fail. Failure would be if you never tried in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yeah man you will be on this list soon. You didn’t fail. Failure would be if you never tried in the first place.

And, alternatively, failure would be stopping here, but we all know that’s not going to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

That gripper is no daisy.

I need to use this expression.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

@A.J. Valcarcel sent me a sweet wooden set block and some really nice words, so I decided to use that energy and punish that no good SOB 3.5 gripper that robbed me of my cert.

• Like 10