Journey To The 3.5 Cert - dubyagrip

dubyagrip

11 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Congrats man your just flying through certs. Coc 3.5 tomorrow?

Couple of weeks!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

Couple of weeks!

Good luck!  I think you'll crush it.  The other day I got an MMS double on the COC 3.5 rated 159 that I brought to Colorado for you to try - I forget if you TNS'd that one lol.  Doing a double on that is a far cry from a CCS of a typical COC 3.5, of course, so I don't have any delusions of certing the 3.5 myself.  But I never thought I would rep a 3.5 of any rating in any manner.  Immediate goal is to block set Jedd's 165 at Nationals in June, then start training toward an Inch lift or Crushed to Dust, unless I get the gripper bug back.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Good luck!  I think you'll crush it.  The other day I got an MMS double on the COC 3.5 rated 159 that I brought to Colorado for you to try - I forget if you TNS'd that one lol.  Doing a double on that is a far cry from a CCS of a typical COC 3.5, of course, so I don't have any delusions of certing the 3.5 myself.  But I never thought I would rep a 3.5 of any rating in any manner.  Immediate goal is to block set Jedd's 165 at Nationals in June, then start training toward an Inch lift or Crushed to Dust, unless I get the gripper bug back.

I tried to TNS it cold and without chalk.  I think I got it to like 2mm away.  It was close.  That's some strong stuff, man.  Keep it going!

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 2

I tweaked my thumb and wrist last night while playing TopGolf... 🙃

I'm fine, but I will be taking an extra couple of days to rest.  My next workout will likely be my MM4 attempt on Wednesday, provided the post office doesn't screw it up.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 4

Based on this charting by @Cannon there is a 66% chance I get a gripper 180+ for my 3.5 certification attempt.  I will wait to contact Ironmind until I can CCS 185 based on these trends.

Brutal.

image.png.b1c5bb5f7affc08916b9ccc03846af33.png

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

there is a 66% chance I get a gripper 180+ for my 3.5 certification attempt.  I will wait to contact Ironmind until I can CCS 185 based on these trends.

Definitely wise decision.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I'm fine, but I will be taking an extra couple of days to rest.  My next workout will likely be my MM4 attempt on Wednesday, provided the post office doesn't screw it up.

I tweaked my neck a few years ago playing TopGolf, and haven't gone back since. 🥲 Don't have a great relationship with that place, haha.

Wise plan on waiting on the 3.5 cert. Probably better to be overly-confident than nervous about a failed attempt.

I plan on waiting until I can CCS my 160 CoC 3.5 to attempt the CoC 3 cert.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I will wait to contact Ironmind until I can CCS 185 based on these trends.

Told you. :flowers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Told you. :flowers:

You did, and I'm glad for it.  I was going to wait until 182, which is about where I'm at, but I'll go a little further...

• Like 1

I couldn't go blindly into Wednesday, so I warmed up to check the pain out.  It didn't feel awful, but I can't close anything... 🙃

• Sad 3

Bummer. 

Is there a deadline of when the attempt has to be made, or can an athlete hold on to the unopened MM gripper for a few extra days until an injury heals?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I couldn't go blindly into Wednesday, so I warmed up to check the pain out.  It didn't feel awful, but I can't close anything... 🙃

I'm sorry to hear this man.  You'll get through it and come out even stronger.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jared P said:

Bummer. 

Is there a deadline of when the attempt has to be made, or can an athlete hold on to the unopened MM gripper for a few extra days until an injury heals?

I have 48 hours from delivery, but this feels like a 2-3 week injury.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I have 48 hours from delivery, but this feels like a 2-3 week injury.

So sorry to hear that.  Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 2:34 PM, dubyagrip said:

Based on this charting by @Cannon there is a 66% chance I get a gripper 180+ for my 3.5 certification attempt.  I will wait to contact Ironmind until I can CCS 185 based on these trends.

Brutal.

image.png.b1c5bb5f7affc08916b9ccc03846af33.png

Based on the same chart, there is the same chance you will get one 180 or less (because there are the same number of grippers that were over as there are that were under, and if we count 180 either way, qed).  Also based on this chart, if you are able to do 185, you have a 90 per cent chance (27 of 30 were 185 or less).  I think that is a pretty reasonable risk to take.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

So sorry to hear that.  Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

With a few extra days of rest, a megascoop of pre-workout, loud music, ammonia, and the adrenaline of opening the package...I should be able to squeeze this one out... 🤞

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 4

On 4/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, dubyagrip said:

Hope you feel better by then.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

With a few extra days rest, a megascoop of pre-workout, loud music, ammonia, and the adrenaline of opening the package...I should be able to squeeze this one out... 🤞

And an old nWo shirt adds 10 RGC.  👍

• Like 1

Just now, Douglas Carney said:

And an old nWo shirt adds 10 RGC.  👍

4 life

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

4 life

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1

My chance to close the gap, For real tho heal up and don't get too eager to do grippers while its healing, Stuff like this can be a pain when reaggravated

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

My chance to close the gap, For real tho heal up and don't get too eager to do grippers while its healing, Stuff like this can be a pain when reaggravated

Take your shot. Don't miss. 😉

I'll be back at full strength in no time.  The timing is just really annoying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

I've never confessed this to anyone until now, but I was always amazed and confused how different old Hogan's body was to the young version.

Not to detract from the topic. Good luck Dub on the MM4, despite the circumstances...

Edited by Gripperer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gripperer said:

I've never confessed this to anyone until now, but I was always amazed and confused how different old Hogan's body was to the young version.

Not to detract from the topic. Good luck Dub on the MM4, despite the circumstances...

Hollywood's body was just...too....SWEEEEEEEEET 🤘

• Haha 2