Journey To The 3.5 Cert - dubyagrip

dubyagrip

@matek @Jared P I am sending the video to Wade after seeing the still shot and watching the video over again.  I think I got it for a second.  Worst case, he says no and I do it again on Monday...but...I need this monkey off my back lol

🤞🤞

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I couldn't have missed this by any less... 😫

Monday...

(RGC 174)

It's hard to tell but it looked closed to me around 6 seconds in. You definitely will get that next time you try. Huge close your getting closer to that 3.5 ccs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

It's hard to tell but it looked closed to me around 6 seconds in. You definitely will get that next time you try. Huge close your getting closer to that 3.5 ccs.

I can usually feel when the handles touch, but this was such a fight that I never felt anything other than my skin tearing between the knurling. 😁

Thanks man, all I need is time.  My training and recovery are on point right now.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I can usually feel when the handles touch, but this was such a fight that I never felt anything other than my skin tearing between the knurling. 😁

Thanks man, all I need is time.  My training and recovery are on point right now.

yup, youve got this.

• Thanks 1

Wanna see the effect training pinch and open crush have on training grippers? I only trained grippers this week. I struggled with these immensely just last week.

• Like 4

Beast Mode 

• Thanks 1

TNS on my 165 CoC #3.5.

I'll be honest. I'm not 100% sure they touched, but this was the hardest close I've ever legitimately attempted with a real chance to make it. I'll try this again next week after focusing on deep sets on Friday. I'm not feeling well, and my training schedule got off by a day. It doesn't matter, though...gotta train...

• Like 8

Damn not many have TNS a 3.5 period well done. That was about as close as your ghp 8 video which I thought you got. It might hard to tell due to the filter but you clearly have the strength for it just based on how close you are. If your hitting PRs on an off day your doing something right that's for sure. 

I got some of the smellings salts you used on your CTD cert from AmmoniaSport hoping it can translate to some of the strength you get lol. It's fairly light but I like that you can manage the dosage better where some of the salts you just open up can be overpowering. What salt would you got for on a max effort gripper cert though? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen Ruby said:

Damn not many have TNS a 3.5 period well done. That was about as close as your ghp 8 video which I thought you got. It might hard to tell due to the filter but you clearly have the strength for it just based on how close you are. If your hitting PRs on an off day your doing something right that's for sure. 

I got some of the smellings salts you used on your CTD cert from AmmoniaSport hoping it can translate to some of the strength you get lol. It's fairly light but I like that you can manage the dosage better where some of the salts you just open up can be overpowering. What salt would you got for on a max effort gripper cert though? 

Since I can target it directly into my sinuses, I squeeze the hell out of it when I need a real kick in the brain.  Don't underestimate it until you've tried shooting the contents of the tiny bottle into your skull. 🤪

I am a maniac.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The speed with which you are gaining strength and setting new PRs is nothing short of mindboggling. I think people will be considering replicating your training methods for quite some time.

Your method of using chokers to work backwards from deep set to CCS or TNS on your goal gripper or the one above it, is something I'm starting to implement. It just makes sense. Establish the closing power first and work on the spread as you go, rather than just trying to get a goal gripper closed from parallel or wide set without ever having developed the closing range of motion for that gripper.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jared P said:

The speed with which you are gaining strength and setting new PRs is nothing short of mindboggling. I think people will be considering replicating your training methods for quite some time.

Your method of using chokers to work backwards from deep set to CCS or TNS on your goal gripper or the one above it, is something I'm starting to implement. It just makes sense. Establish the closing power first and work on the spread as you go, rather than just trying to get a goal gripper closed from parallel or wide set without ever having developed the closing range of motion for that gripper.

It has been working well.  I hope you see some results.  I've made some modifications, but we are entering secret sauce territory.  I'll share more one day.

• Like 3

183 RGC x 2 @ 25mm (Typo in the video...)

191 RGC x 1 @ 10mm

191 RGC x 1 @ 20mm

• Like 7

Nice I like that you can see the blood squeezing out of your cuticle from the force your exerting. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Nice I like that you can see the blood squeezing out of your cuticle from the force your exerting. 

It will never heal.

• Like 1

I think, lately, everyone assumes I close every gripper I get my hands on in training. This couldn't be further from the truth. You see only a small portion of the work I do, and frankly, you mostly see only what I want you to. If we aren't failing, then we aren't trying. When we put in consistent work, we get rewarded with runs like the one I have been on. Gotta make every workout harder than the last...

8mm from glory...

• Like 4

Thanks for posting this. Definitely something I needed to see after my lack-luster gripping yesterday. Keep crushing it. Per aspera ad astra. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW.

Those would be some of the heaviest closes of their kind ever done, and you're not that far off.

And, I feel like you're just getting started.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jared P said:

WOW.

Those would be some of the heaviest closes of their kind ever done, and you're not that far off.

And, I feel like you're just getting started.

@Cannon told me the last couple of 3.5 orders he made had more 180+ RGC grippers than normal so even though the average is 175...I want to be prepared for a 185 monster when I go for official Ironmind certification.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

@Cannon told me the last couple of 3.5 orders he made had more 180+ RGC grippers than normal so even though the average is 175...I want to be prepared for a 185 monster when I go for official Ironmind certification.

Yeah unfortunately they have been closer to 180 on the whole lately. I’ll have some more insight soon though. We have a large order in process. We’ll be able to sample fresh stock!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not doing anymore gripper work until the MM3 gets here on Tuesday, but I couldn't stop myself from trying one more attempt before the rest period.

I've got a lot of frustration to unleash on that thing.

Stay tuned.

• Like 9

Two in one day...

Well, I was also officially certified on the GHP8 today. Thanks to everyone who convinced me to submit it for review by @Wade Gillingham even though I thought I missed it.

174 RGC

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 7

Nice work dude

nice and easy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats man your just flying through certs. Coc 3.5 tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3